Which game have you played through the most times?

hoof ardet

Mar 26, 2010
I think we're forgetting about fighting games. You've got to play through them multiple times just to get anything unlocked or accomplished. With this in mind, I'm gonna say Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Each secret character and costume required multiple playthroughs, I've probably beaten that game's final boss a thousand times.

Isaac Minarik

Aug 7, 2011
Portal, because I can pick it up and finish it in a sitting.
Nocturne, because I can sink 200 hours into my tenth playthrough of it and still feel like it was worth my time

Blake69

Aug 3, 2011
Resident Evil 4. Never really counted but I'd guess I've beaten it about 15 times. Every play through on pc

surg3n

May 16, 2011
jcallen said:
Fourteen play throughs on Resident Evil Four.

7 on the game cube. 6 on the playstation. 1 on the Wii.
Yeah, I think that's the last game I remember playing through several times. I mostly played it on GameCube, 4 times completed on that, then once on the PC version so I could cheat. There's an HD version coming too, for PS3 and 360 - might give it one last playthrough.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Either Oblivion, for obvious reasons, Prototype, Crackdown or Sipderman: Web of Shadows. I guess sandboxes hold my attention really well.

Herr Schatz

Jul 31, 2011
Probably Sonic 2 for the Megadrive. God knows how many times I played through that as a kid. I realise by design though, it was intended to be completed in one sitting so I'll also throw The Curse of Monkey Island into the mix.

I played the shit out of that game, and could happily play it to completion over and over.

ninjapenguin1414

Jun 16, 2011
Sly 2 Band of Thieves at least 7 times (also Sly 3)
Also Megaman Zero 2 and 3 also at least 7 times (and ZX advent)
MGS4 at least 5 times
I probably have more but can't think of any

matt_newgrove

Aug 1, 2009
The commander keen series.(mostly 4-6) I always get such an amazing nostalgia trip when I play any of those games.
A runner up would probably be Jade Empire. If I'm not mistaken i think I've played all possible combinations of sex/alignement/romance, plus a couple of jade master sessions with my evil characters.

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
THe 1st Harry Potter on PS1. Me and my buddy really liked it for some reason. Did it like 7 times

Zeitgeist1983

Jul 20, 2011
I played Deus Ex around 8 times through back then. 5 times on realistic. But I never finished it without killing someone. Have to try someday when they release the remaked version with contemporary graphics (PLEASE!!!!).

Megahedron

Aug 27, 2010
LoZ Oracle of Seasons. I could very easily beat it in one day, so pretty much every road trip or flight as a child I'd get a complete playthrough or two. It beats out Ages because I bought Seasons first and beat it five or six times before I could afford Ages.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Chrono Trigger.

I got all the endings(around 12-14 I think) about 3-5 times(SNES, PSX, DS).

Total 36-70 playthroughs.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
[HEADING=2]Baldurs Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn[/HEADING]

I can't get enough.
/thread