Which game/s do you think have the best music, and why?

Bobbety

May 16, 2011
I know there are a lot of far more renowned (and probably better) game soundtracks than what I'll say here, but I feel it's impossible to think of something that I could definitively say is "the best".

So for the sake of saying something that I don't think anyone else will; I really liked the Machinaruim soundtrack. There was stuff from really great ambient tracks to songs like this:

And I love the fact that I agree with most of the other posts in this thread. Yay for videogame music!

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Mass Effect 2, especially at the Suicide Mission. The greatest gaming experience of my life, because characters I cared about might die for a galaxy I loved.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
The following game series have excellent OST's: Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Halo (and I don't even like Halo), Dragon Age: Origins, Half-Life, Final Fantasy, Portal, Silent Hill and many others I can't think of at the moment.

While the GTA series makes excellent use of existing tracks via radio stations. I've never even played Brutal Legend but that also has a very impressive list of exisisting songs in it's soundtrack.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Gears of War 2. It makes the game feel that much darker, and reminds you (me, anyway) that humanity is on the brink of existence.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Well I'll liking the Star Ruler Soundtrack: http://artembank.bandcamp.com/album/star-ruler

Special mention goes to

End of it all.
This is My Empire, These Cities Among the Stars.
Star Ruler.
A Sheet of Metal Between Flesh and Nothing.

Some of these really capture the loneliness and emptyness of space, whilst others capture the nature of battles between ships. if any of this makes sense. ^^;

muskrat_love

Oct 20, 2010
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
So much love was put into the music of this game. Here's a good compilation of sounds in fact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HVN4c7AeNw

And then my personal favorite....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlF0-Qs2xkI

Molgera battle music. Aaaaaaaaaawright.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Ok, it would probably be either Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. The music melds perfectly with the action and with the dramatic parts as well. Into the Dusk combined with the cinematics get to me every time. And The Unsung War just makes you feel so many conflicting emotions at the same time. Not only is the game deep and symbolic, but the music is as well.
I still cry every time I hear this...

When history witnesses a great change.
Razgriz reveals itself. First as a dark demon.
As a demon it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies.
However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns. This time as a great hero.

EDIT: OH GOD, I can't believe I forgot about this one!

So beautiful

kaioxs

Sep 17, 2008
Final Fantasy X Hymn of the Faith. It carries relevance to the games narrative and simultaneously draws you in with a wierdly up lifting melancholy.
I wish Emancipator would remix it actually.
Infact ff10s entire soundtrack was sick might not be the best final fantasy but definitely best soundtrack in my opinion. Particularly the zanarkand ruins theme aswell