Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

SiskoBlue

Monk
Aug 11, 2010
I have 3;

Road Rage - It got a bit weird in it's last outing but my dream would be Criterion Burnout style game of bikes and bashing.

Oddworld Inhabitants - It was great to finally see a fantasy setting that wasn't elves, orcs and wizards, with a brilliant mix of dark and light humour. They're doing something with JustAddWater but not sure what.

Alpha Protocol - The combat was outdated (think original Syphon Filter), the voice acting a little bland, and the RPG elements were completely unbalanced but there was so much potential in it. It was like Mass Effect I or Assassin's Creed I, flawed but signs of brilliance. It actually had story consequences based on your choices, not only in dialogue but whether you went lethal or non-lethal. I played it 3.5 times to get the platinum trophy, and I was amazed at how elaborate and unpredictable each path was and I never ever saw a continuity error. I'm not a huge Mission Impossible fan but it was like playing a Mission Impossible movie. Each mission was different.

The two things that killed it; 1) taking waaaay too long in Act I before allowing players to pick and choose stuff. 2) Fallout New Vegas - All previews of Alpha Protocol were pretty good until Obsidian got the New Vegas contract. Then suddenly the game comes out unpolished and severly under-cooked. Shame.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Stealthfighterx said:
Warcraft 4, I still play the third one on and off to this day.
http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/10/whoops-my-mic-was-on.html
A glimmer of hope, my friend.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Eaglesolidus said:
Amnesia should have a sequel I just don't know if there is going to be one
Well there is a developer made extra story that is some-what linked,

and even more terrifying...

It's called Justine and it's horrifying, permanent death makes things much harder.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I was really hoping for a sequal to Star Wars Republic Commando, it had its flaws & got repetitve but i loved the story & a sequal could have improved on it so much...

bz316

Feb 10, 2010
BlackWidower said:
There was a game called Advent Rising. It wasn't a great game, though you did get a telekinesis power which you could use to throw bad guys into power conduits, but my problem is, it ended on a cliffhanger, and It never got a sequel. It was supposed to, but it didn't. They planned a trilogy, they didn't get one.
Say whatever you want about the gameplay, that was a pretty good Orson Scott Card story and I really wanted to know how it ended. Also, I wanted them to follow up on their plans to make "Wing Commander: Prophecy" a full trilogy of games.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Half Life: Episode 3
Full Throttle sequels
Another KOTOR and Jedi Knight game
Baldurs Gate 3

Dragon Age: Origins

bz316

Feb 10, 2010
ffs-dontcare said:
I'm still waiting for Homeworld 3.

That being said, I'm worried that if they do start working on it, they'll stuff it up in the name of "accessibility" by, for example, perhaps removing the 3D movement and making it more akin to a 2D plane similar to that of Sins of a Solar Empire (and yes, I'm aware that Sins isn't exactly 2D but it's very, VERY close).

Oh well. I'll still have the amazing and almost perfect Homeworld 2 to fall back on... OH WAIT, apparently it has massive issues running on more recent hardware.
I loved the Homeworld series, but I only want them to make another one if they return to the old control scheme of Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm. It really annoyed me how in Homeworld 2 I could only choose between "aggressive" "defensive" and "neutral" formation as opposed to choosing the actual formation shapes allowed in the original games.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
bz316 said:
I loved the Homeworld series, but I only want them to make another one if they return to the old control scheme of Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm. It really annoyed me how in Homeworld 2 I could only choose between "aggressive" "defensive" and "neutral" formation as opposed to choosing the actual formation shapes allowed in the original games.
You sure about that? I'm pretty sure you could place your fleet in named formation :O Could you design your own formations in Cataclysm?

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
KotOR 3
Would have been nice to seen more a more "bridging" story to SWTOR, and I almost always end up loving what Bioware makes.

Neverwinter Nights 3
I loved the NWN series, and I actually liked nr.2 as well. Would have been great to see them step up with a more modern version of this game.

Freelancer 2
Yes yes and a thousand times yes. If they released a sequel to this awesome game I'd play it apart.

Homeworld 3
Great space-fight game, and as someone else said, best ship models ever. Would die for this.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Goes without saying.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
a sequel to chrono cross it think it was chrono break or something. that could have just been a fan title

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Battlefront 3 is needed, hands down.
Kinda upset that their isn't a real .hack MMO, but in a way kind of glas their isn't.
Dragon Age orgins 2.(i liked Dragon age 2 but that wasen't a sequel, and if it was then it wassad)
I'd say KOTOR 3 but SWTOR is actually really good and while the story dosen't continue I thought kotor 2 killed it anyway.
Pokemon SNap 2, make it happen.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Ura Zelda (almost like an expansion pack to Ocarina of Time - new tunics, new dungeons, etc.)
Sonic Adventure 3
Simon the Sorceror 3 (not the 3D one, that doesn't count :p)
Grim Fandango (though I'm not sure that could've worked).
Majora's Mask sequel (Zelda games come in 2s though :/).

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Battlefront 3, Psychonauts and Half-Life 3 as said.

Other than that, Jade Empire 2, a Kirby sequel with the same Combo Power as Kirby 64 and also Psy-ops. I LOVED Psy-ops: The Mind Gate Conspiracy. The TK ability in there was awesome, what other game can use you TK to surf on items?

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
I'm pretty annoyed they made a Final Fantasy X-2 and now a FFX13-2, but not a FF12-2. (That DS crap doesn't count.)

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey i effing LOVE this game and it ended on cliffhanger this game needs continuation in one form or the other i NEED to know what happens next. ugh now i'm sad =(