Which game should be a big budget movie production?

Ixnay1111

Mar 11, 2011
idk about you guys but I would love to see a Warhammer 40k movie made about the Horus Heresy.

So what games would you love to see as a big production? and do you have any ideas on how the story would go?

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
Id like to see a Star Wars trilogy that takes place from the middle of the Mandalorian War to the end of the Jedi Civil War. Id center it around Milla Jovovich playing a dual wielding Jedi Guardian who falls to the dark side. She would be hot, even with the degraded appearance. She would have to die at Malachor 5 with the rest of the Jedi.

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
Legacy of Kain series
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Psychonauts

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
Homefront.

http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Chinese-invasion-of-america-red-dawn-remake-14-560x420.jpg
http://www.cyclelicio.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/red-dawn-2010.jpg

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I've been hoping for a Metroid movie for a while. Samus could visit a space station, pick up a mission to Zebes, talk with people, and then go to it. It would really depend on having a good actress and writing for Samus. I'd like to think of her as a more cheerful, even mischevious person rather than the depressed dependent monologuer we got in Other M. That would be a torment in film form.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
I don't particularly know what game could be made into a movie, but whatever it is, it would have to be very story driven. A huge mistake of gaming movies is that they choose IP that is popular but has piss poor story. If the majority of your game is a dude with a gun shooting things, it will NOT make a good movie.

Rubymuto

Jan 12, 2010
heh, Legend of Legaia. The world is coated in a sinister mist and creatures from another world, once placed in the world to help humans, now turn them into monsters crazed by the touch of the mist. Most of the script could be taken from the game in any case, and if you really didnt want to find locations or whatever you could cgi the whole thing, to the level of final fantasy spirits within or beowulf. you could get two possibly 3 movies at a stretch from the first game alone then you could get 2 movies from legaia 2. the game that unskippable lets played.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Depends. Are you thinking of using the story of an existing IP, or the universe created in an IP?

For story rip-off, I'd vote for the original Fear. Take out the padding, dial up the horror and dial down the combat and you've got the makings of a decent, big budget horror film.

For Universe, I'd go for Mass Effect. There's a lot of backstory there that could be used either as a prequal film or the story of someone running around who isn't Shepherd.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Legend of Zelda. It will either be amazing or horrendously awful. I'm not deeply invested into the series so I won't be terribly effected either way and I'm curious to see what could be done with that universe.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Deus Ex, Mass Effect and God of War, respectively directed by Christopher Nolan, James Cameron and Zack Snyder.

CoD Black Ops would probably sell well as an action blockbuster. Directed by Michael Baysplosions, of course.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Tetris
I can already see the tagline

"The Blocks Are Falling!"

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
leet_x1337 said:
Earthbound or Mother 3. [/thread]
If they do Mother 3, they should just do a movie based off The Notebook (the novel Mother 3 took a lot of it's themes from). I think it'd be a good movie, the book was very brutal on my mind.

OT: I would say...Halo.

TheJim

Feb 24, 2009
Half Life series, fucking excellent.

Christian Bale as Dr. Freeman, would be fantastic.