Which games are you looking forward to this year?

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
Dragon Age 3 certainly, also AC4: Black flag is already looking sweet.

Destiny? Not so sure. Haven't even seen gameplay yet. must reserve judgement.

Erm, is Elder Scrolls online this year or next? Regardless, that makes the list big time.

Oh; and Minecraft 2.0, though that doesn't realy count since it's just another update realy...

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Ummmmmmmm... Saints Row 4 maybe and Dead Space 3 for when I'm incredibly desperate.

After Bioshock Inifinite there was simply nothing else I'm hyped for, save up for the PS4 perhaps.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Now that I think about it, there are a lot of games I'm looking forward to.

The Last of Us - A Naughty Dog game. That's all I need to know.
Shin Megami Tensei IV - Looks promising. And since I haven't played any SMT games from the main series, I'm sure it'll be a pleasant ride.
Grand Theft Auto V - If Rockstar is making a return to the crazy antics of the PS2 entries, consider me sold.
Rayman Legends - I'm a huge fan of Rayman Origins, so I'm hoping it'll be more of the same gorgeous art and gameplay that's as smooth as butter. I also hope Chest levels make a return. :3
Pokemon X/Y - After the massive disappointment that was Black/White, I can't wait to travel to another region with some familiar Pokemon I know and love. IN THE THIRD DIMENSION. *Jazz hands*

And to a lesser extent, Walking Dead Season 2. I highly doubt TellTale can follow up such a fantastically written and heart-wrenching story, but I guess only time will tell.

Also this.

I'm not very good at poker, but I still want to give it a shot. That is, if it's real. The trailer was released on April 1st. That worries me. D:

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Man, how come no one gives a shit about The Last of Us? It's really the only one I'm looking forward to. I guess I'll keep my eye on Watchdogs too.

cdemares

Jan 5, 2012
Destiny and Watchdogs are exciting, but no way are they coming this year, IMO. That leaves Bioshock Infinite, which I beat, and it ruled.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
Remember Me, Wargame: AirLand Battle, Battlefield 4, Destiny (if it's coming out this year), and the Civ V expansion whose name escapes me are all on the radar.

Edit: Also Watch Dogs, if that's coming out this year.
Edit 2: Also The Last of Us looks reeeeeally good, but... I don't have a PS3.
Edit 3: How could I forget Total War: Rome 2?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The main one that comes to mind right now is Project X Zone.
followed closely by Dragon Commander.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Age of Wonders 3, Eador: Masters of the Broken World, and Rome: Total War 2.

I'm sure other games I'm interested in or which will catch my interest are due this year, but those are the only three which spring immediately to mind.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Oh boy, here we go. From what I can remember that comes out this year, all on PC. -NOTE- list might be long:

Grand Theft Auto 5 (if they release it on PC which they won't the bastards)
Walking Dead Season Two
Watch Dogs
Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
Elder Scrolls Online (really hope I get in the beta and this won't suck)
Metro: Last Light
Saints Row 4
Remember Me
Shadowrun Returns (I think it gets released this year?)
Rayman Legends
Splinter Cell: Black List
Dead Island: Riptide
Zwei
Dark
Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger
Prey 2 (*crosses fingers* that this game is going to be released in 2013)
Wildstar
Apotheon
Dark Souls 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth

These are a "few" titles that popped into my mind that I am looking forward to this year. Oh my, those are quite some titles there, can't wait! :D

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Animal Crossing A New Leaf....shut up.

Fire Emblem (not far off) Dark Souls 2. Not going to help my best mate this time. Since he thinks the last one was 'easy because I helped him so much. Elder Scrolls Online (Hoping to persaude my WOW guild if it's good.) Reluctantly admitting Dragon Age 3 and I want Metro Last Light but I haven't finished the previous one yet. Oh and Theif. Love me some stealth games. Pokemon X, I want that glittery legendary and the Last of Us which I'm going to pretend is about Simon and Marcy from Adventure Time.

To be honest I'm more excited for next year with all the kickstarter releases.

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Beyond Two Souls
Company of Heroes 2 (I can't believe I somehow forgot about this one before visiting this thread)
Injustice:Gods Among Us

And Walking Dead Season 2 if all episodes are released this year. I can't stand playing games in an episodic format.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Timesplitters: Rewind is all that comes to mind at the minute. But that'll only be in Beta by December. Oh! Also Pokemon X and Y. The transition to full 3D is pretty exciting and Sylveon is a promising addition. The starters...meh. I find Chespin to be the most agreeable, personally, while it is still quite goofy.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
The Last of Us is at the top, followed extremely closely by The Walking Dead Season 2. Other than that, probably GTAV. That's about it for games not released yet this year. Though the list will likely change after E3 with all the PS4 launch titles confirmed.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
-Vita-
Guacamelee - Brawler mixed with metroidvania, with graphics that will really pop on Dat OLED. Looks cool.
Tearaway - Hopefully it'll be the first game to use all of Vita's gimmicks to good effect. Little Big Planet failed at it for the most part, IMO.
Muramasa: The Demon Blade - It's just really pretty looking. Want to try it. That's about it.
(Maybe, but probably won't actually ever buy) Soul Sacrifice--I find Monster Hunter really boring. And I don't tend to like the majority of ARPGs. There's a very outside chance I'll take to this game, but I'm willing to look at it.

-3DS-
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - I got it now! It's quite nice. Much better than the original (which I just beat again)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - Been craving a DK game. Haven't played one since renting Country 2 from Blockbuster, 125 years ago.
Jett Rocket II (eShop) - I have platformer games on the brain, apparently. I'm like retreating to the genre I find most pure and least bloated, to fight my jaded gaming attitude of late?

-PS3-
Puppeteer - Not entirely sure what this is, but it has me interested.
Rayman Legends - Origins was good. Castle Rock in demo sold me, by itself.
Grand Theft Auto V - Will probably just rent from RedBox. I'm spoiled by PC graphics, so I imagine the sub-720p ugly blur fest of upscaling at sub 30fps will frustrate me. Especially since I've played pretty much every GTA and most other similar open world games on PC.
The Last of Us I expect this to be given 10s by lots of critics, but it will actually be a 6 or 7, with a 10 story (for a video game)--much like Bioshock Infinite [/troll]. Might be worth it for the experience, but I have no expectations for the gameplay.
Walking Dead Season 2 - My brain dumb so I like pretty every TV show ever. This one too, YAY!

-PC-
Grand Theft Auto V: If it's good on PS3 besides the inevitable graphical and performance issues, I'll get it when it comes to PC.
Watch_Dogs: If this is good I'm sure I'll love it. I've enjoyed almost every thing resembling GTA I've played. I loved throwing a wrench into the gears of a game world and watching what happens.
Poker Night at the Inventory 2 - I really liked the original. I'll get this if it's $10 or less. Don't have any affection for any of the cast this time around though. Might wait for a sale.

Or I also might just drop gaming for the most part. I'm so jaded with video games. Don't care about most anymore. Even stuff I really like, I stop playing and never go back. Think they're an unhealthy addiction for me. I need to move to a different place with my life, lest I wake up and realize I'm old and haven't progressed in any way since college.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (and I don't have to wait much longer!)
Killer is Dead
And for some love on the PC, Bioshock Infinite for when the Killer is Dead pre-order is accounted for (I don't pre-order but that's happening. It actually will be rare and it's Suda, I'm not getting fucked). Unless someone tells me that I must play Infinite ASAP...