Which games are you looking forward to this year?

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Terraria PC update (woop!)
Starbound
Broken Sword 5
GTA:V
South Park: The Stick of Truth
MGS: The Phantom Pain (If it's out this year?)
Rayman Legends
Amnesia: AMFP
Project Fedora
Last Guardian
Hotline Miami 2
Bayonetta 2

I'm sure there's something else that should be at the top of my list and I can't think what it is. Must be really looking forward to it, eh?

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
The main one for me right now is Remember Me.

It's disgusting how little funding it seems to have gotten for marketing. Perhaps that's the publisher doing what publishers always do to games with female protagonists, but fuuuck.

You know how I found out about Remember Me? I was writing a post for which I needed a certain picture. I remembered seeing the picture in a top 10 list on a certain website. In related articles, I saw another picture I wanted, so I clicked and browsed its contents. THERE is where I discovered Remember Me.

The game is just two months from release. What the shit, right?

Anyway, Remember Me is the biggest deal for me at the moment. I'm sort of interested in Wasteland 2 as well this year, but nowhere near as much as the other old school kickstarters I've pledged to (and those aren't due until next year).

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
The Last of Us
Outlast

really, not that much - some games "look" good but turn out to be a bit mediocre - sort of how Modern Warfare 3 "looked good" but in the end it was the same as the two that came before it

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Hrmm, lemme see...

FE: Awakening (Woo, Australia! -_-)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Dragon's Dogma was my GOTY for 2012 so kinda hyped.

MGSV (if it comes out). Man that trailer game me so many feels.

Beyond: Two Souls. Because Emotions.

AOE II HD. Because I want to play it again but can't be fucked getting disks for it.

Speaking of Kickstarters, while this isn't game related I'm waiting for my Twokinds stuff to get here, finally shipped a few weeks ago =D

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
They're already out but I still need to buy Gears Of War: Judgment and God Of War: Ascension.
In the category of games that haven't come out though:
Watch Dogs
The Last Of Us
Beyond: Two Souls

Of those three, I'm most excited for The Last Of Us but I have to mention that Beyond: Two Souls is pulling some serious star-power, what with Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Well, since Bioshock: Infinite is already out (and really freaking awesome), there's really only one other game I've been REALLY looking forwards to this year:

It's really nice to have a throwback to a time when things didn't have to be so serious all the time. Jump pads, enchanted baseball bats, the ability to become a dog, bowls of oatmeal littering the military bases & archaic cathedrals, armor made from asbestos (So itchy!), and a gun that's apparently drunk. It's every bit as wonderful as it sounds.
It's a shame that Gearbox has effectively destroyed the Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded project; the guys at Interceptor are the right people for the job.

Also, I hope the song "Shards" gets an appropriately epic remix. And possibly used somewhere else; I've always felt that it would be more fitting as a heroic type of "shit just got real" song that would play before the finale.

Oh, and the silly xylophone sound effect that plays when enemies are burnt into charred skeletons? They're keeping it in there.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
South Park - assuming that the delay ever gets sorted out. Any word on that?
The two SMT games coming out this summer for the 3DS. I love that series even if i haven't played much of it.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
bojackx said:
Pokemon X and Y look exciting, it'll be nice to move past 2D sprites.

Apparently there's going to be a new Ratchet and Clank game announced at E3 too, so that'll be nice.
A new Ratchet and Clank game!!!

*Looks at Q Force and All 4 One*

yay?

For me, I am looking forward to Watch Dogs, Star Wars 1313

Oh, wait... Disney went all EA over Lucasarts

Infamous Second Son looks quite cool...

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
I *was* looking hoping for the Southpark game, but since THQ's closure I would rather it be put off a year and finished properly than it be released this year and be shit.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Really, the only two that I obsessively check on are Dragons Crown and Starbound.
Ohmai lawd Staaaaarbound.
In fact, I'll just leave this here.
http://www.playstarbound.com/roadmap/

Also am awaiting the Dragons Dogma expansion thing.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I've actually been working on this list for this very topic to come by...

Watch Dogs (God damn that thing looks fun as hell and it may just have some decent social commentary, who knows.)
Remember Me (Or as I like to call it "Please don't suck, your universe looks too interesting for you to suck.")
Walking Dead S2 (Do you NEED an explanation?)
AC4:BF (I'm a Screed fanboy.)
Rainbow 6 Patriots (If It's released this year, dat social commentary. Possibly fucking amazing, possibly complete shit.)
The Last Of Us (I'm only keeping my eye on it, it could end up really lacklustre and I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that it won't be just that.)
MGSV (But that'll be on PS4 probably and I won't be able to get it, because I'm joining the PC gaming master race instead of staying the console route)

and last and most definitely least,
Splinter Cell:Black List (because I'm a SC fan and I have to see just how hard this game destroys the series)

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Europa Universalis IV, Paradox did such a great job with Crusader Kings II that I hope fans are in for a treat with Paradox' flagship title.

Also Company of Heroes 2 could be noteworthy.

And of course Broken Age aka Double Fine Adventure is scheduled to release this year.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
The Wonderful 101

Saints Row 4

Dragon Age 3
(Though I am a bit iffy on where they are going with it story wise)

Remember Me

Pikmin 3

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

These are the ones that I will get on day one no matter what. I am excited about quite a few games this year but these are the ones that I really can't wait for.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Destiny
Deadpool
Walking Dead: Season 2
Dragon Age 3
The new South Park Game
Army of TWO: Devil's Cartel (Got it, love it)

Other then that...
Is there any Warhammer 40k stuff this year?

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Well, everyone else seems to have ninja'd most of what I was gonna say... but one thing no one mentioned that I'm hyped as hell for?

No one else mentioning this... for shame! (And yes, I know it's released for everyone else, it's just us Europeans that get shafted with Atlus releases! D: May 10th is gonna be great!)

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Too many!!

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Saints row 4
Bayonetta 2
Injustice
Dragon age 3
Wonderful 101
Remember me
Pikmin 3
Star wars 1313
new Rainbow 6
Walking dead season 2
Soul sacrifice
new Splinter cell
Tearaway
Watch Dogs
Assassin's creed 4
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut
Killer is Dead

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
I think some of these games are not scheduled to be released in 2013, but anyway:

The Last of Us
Beyond: Two Souls
Remember Me
Dragon Age 3
The Witcher 3
Destiny

Not much is known about Destiny so far, but, to me, it holds the greatest promises.