WHich girl superhero would you choose to have a movie based off of them?

DrunkenElfMage

Aug 17, 2011
I don't have the comic book knowledge to name a good character to use. I know there are other female superheroes besides Wonderwoman, but for the life of me I can't name any.

All heroes are game here by the way. It doesn't matter how obscure they are.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Well, there's already been an Elektra one. I'd like to see another crack at that.

And there was also the Catwoman flick. And that's all we're going to say about that.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Cassandra Cain Batgirl...or Huntress or the Black Canary or Oracle.

Eh, just a Birds of Prey, from before teh reboot.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
I liked to see the Fire and Ice duo, without it being too ridiculous.
Acrata would be more plausible, but people would accuse her of being female spiderman.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Not a solo character, but everyone knows that Gen 13 is all about Caitlin Fairchild anyway. Pretty standard array of powers (except for Grunge), so not a huge culture shock getting non-comic book audiences used to it. Comedy to keep the mood light, fanservice from almost all of the girls, and actiony enough to be a decent summer "turn off your brain and watch explosions" sort of movie. I think it would translate well to the big screen.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
How about a birds of prey movie with Black Canary, Huntress, Catwoman, and Batgirl.

Either that or a duo movie with Ms Marvel and Spider-woman.

edit:damn you ninja!!!

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Cosmosis said:
I'd love me some big screen She-Hulk.
Same here. With any luck, the new Hulk movies might just dip into that territory.

Come on, who DOESN'T love green women?

Captcha: I'm Batman.

No comment.

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
It would have to be Wonder Women, she's mainstream enough to make money off of.

But for me I would choose... Jubilee, because why not? It might turn out better than any Wolverine movie.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
How about a birds of prey movie with Black Canary, Huntress, Catwoman, and Batgirl.

Why Catwoman, but no Oracle?

Ernie1042

Aug 8, 2008
Squirrel Girl [http://marvel.com/universe/Squirrel_Girl], the best superhero ever created.

Mysterious Username

Jun 4, 2012
This thread made me realize I'm not really a fan of any female superheroes that aren't on teams.
I'll need to fix that later.
I guess a better Catwoman movie couldn't hurt.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
thaluikhain said:
spectrenihlus said:
Probably because he's cast her as Batgirl.

I guess I'd have to pick Wonder Woman. She deserves a movie at least as much at Superman and Batman, and also she's pretty much the only female hero I can think of who isn't a female version of a more well-known male hero. I'm not totally sold on it, though. I'd like Wonder Woman to be a feminist icon, and her history of sexual segregation seems really misguided on that front.

It would be awesome to see someone do a Power Girl movie without turning it into a titties joke. She has sidekickitis, though, so she's definitely a second choice at most.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh, hang on, Zatanna?

Though, I think he cousin Zach was more interesting, in that he's the similar but much less successful guy who knows it.

JimB said:
thaluikhain said:
spectrenihlus said:
Probably because he's cast her as Batgirl.
Barbara Gordon as Batgirl is very different to Barbara Gordon as Oracle.

You could more or less swap her as Batgirl for any number of interchangeable young female sidekicks.

JimB said:
I guess I'd have to pick Wonder Woman. She deserves a movie at least as much at Superman and Batman, and also she's pretty much the only female hero I can think of who isn't a female version of a more well-known male hero. I'm not totally sold on it, though. I'd like Wonder Woman to be a feminist icon, and her history of sexual segregation seems really misguided on that front.
More or less, yeaah.

JimB said:
It would be awesome to see someone do a Power Girl movie without turning it into a titties joke.
Well, that's a big part of her character, really.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
thaluikhain said:
spectrenihlus said:

She's a given

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Lovely Mixture said:
Acrata would be more plausible, but people would accuse her of being female spiderman.
Uh, aside from basic suit design, they don't really have much in common that I'm aware of. Strong H2H abilities paired with shadow related teleportation vs swinging on webs...

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
thaluikhain said:
JimB said:
It would be awesome to see someone do a Power Girl movie without turning it into a titties joke.
And it's juvenile. Even frigging Family Guy hasn't done a titties joke in a few years. When those guys are tired of a joke, it is time to put that joke to rest.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
JimB said:
thaluikhain said:
JimB said:
And it's juvenile. Even frigging Family Guy hasn't done a titties joke in a few years. When those guys are tired of a joke, it is time to put that joke to rest.
Oh, absolutely, but I think you'd have to drop her and get another character altogether. Apart from that, Powergirl, is what? Older version of one of the Supergirls, less important version of Wonder Woman?

Now, I've missed large chunks of DC, but she always seemed to be one of those copy and paste characters you could replace with any number of similar ones with little difference.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
thaluikhain said:
Apart from that, Power Girl is, what? Older version of one of the Supergirls, less important version of Wonder Woman?
I think she's had three or four origins by now, but so far as I know, the one she stuck with the longest is "Supergirl from an alternate dimension." There is some dramatic potential there, if managed carefully.

thaluikhain said:
Now, I've missed large chunks of DC, but she always seemed to be one of those copy and paste characters you could replace with any number of similar ones with little difference.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at with that "sidekickitis" bit.