WHich girl superhero would you choose to have a movie based off of them?

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Colour-Scientist said:
JimB said:
I don't think Wonder Woman has a specific weakness any more beyond only being really tough and not full-on invulnerable.
If a man tied her hands she became powerless, that's pretty specific.
Yes. I am attempting to say that I believe the weakness you are describing is no longer ascribed to the character; that with the passage of time, the introduction of new characters to the role, and the vagaries of shifting creative teams, Wonder Woman does not lose her powers if her hands are tied by a man.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
A Power Girl Super girl team up. A Black Canery one would be great as well. She-Hulk (with fourth wall breakage would be cool (it is part of her character, at least it was)). Captin marvel the second incarnation of the character, Monica Rambeau. It would be a very radical superhero movie. I mean a black female lead. Just imagine the outrage the would cause. Aurora would be cool to see but they would have to include Northstar. Hey a female main character and a gay main character. I don't think Hollywood could ever be ready for that. Wanda Langkowski would be an interesting one to see. Though not very likely. I mean it is pretty confusing in the comics are werid sort of way how Wanda Langkowski became Wanda Langkowski when she was originally a man. (Wiki it. Its a confused and messed up story).

Jill Carlyle, the Crimson Avenger. Shes like a mystical Punisher. She used a pair of guns to kill for revenge but the guns were cursed that whoever used them for revenge was forced to hunt those who prayed on the innocent forever. Spider-woman a.k.a Jessica Drew. Though I'm not sure if she is Marvel or Sony owned right now. I mean her powers are different from Spider man and beyond the name she doesn't really have much of a connection with him. Bah likely messed are a pain.

You know its very hard to find female characters that are not part of a team or an offshoot of another bigger hero. I mean a lot of female superheros in Marvel are mutants (or at least some of the better known ones are) or come from another part of team like the Fantistic Four for example (Crystal, Sue Storm, She-thing (its a thing, look it up) etc. Oh that reminds of another one. The Wasp. Hey if they are doing an Ant-Man movie they can do a Wasp movie. I mean she was a charter member of the Avengers (and most likely is best known from that team). For DC beyond Wonder Woman the only female leads I can think of are: Birds of Prey, Batgirl, Batwoman, and Supergirl. Though Stormwatch has a couple of strong female main characters but they aren't really all that great.

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
The Question (Renee Montoya version of course). I like the fact that she was of the very few (possibly only) Super-heroines whose costume isn't the least bit slutty or revealing. It's a refreshing change from the other ones.

Also, a gritty and bad-ass movie adaptation explaining why she stops being a Gotham City cop and becomes the Question would be nice if they manage to pull off a good story.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=renee+montoya&offset=168#/d4yiyk0

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Cosmosis said:
I'd love me some big screen She-Hulk.
This. Just make another Hulk movie with Ruffalo and set her up as his cousin, do the origin, big battle with the Leader or Abomination again... boom.

Sam Hansen

May 15, 2012
I'd say Rogue first due to my own similar history. However, I'd say Storm would also be a good choice. She is intelligent, strong, and by what I seen make a good leader.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
Ideally one who isn't just a gender-flipped counterpart to another hero - Super girl, Bat girl etc. Unfortunately I'm not as well versed in comics as I'd hope so most of my choices only loosely fit the definition:

I'd love to see a Legend of Korra movie - or anything from Avatar about Toph or Lin Bei Fong
I'm tempted to say a Mass Effect movie because Commander Shepard is and always has been female, but such a movie might be a) a cash in or b) disqualified due to my previous guidelines.
Anything involving Death from Sandman
Wonder Woman kind of deserves one at this point, but the thing is I don't trust comic book writers with female characters in general. Well, that's not totally true - it's mainly the artists I don't think can do it well.

These characters are actually pretty hard to think of. I'd say Rogue, but they already tried that with the first X-Men movie and the entire franchise was eaten by wolverine about 15 minutes in. Shadowcat's another one I'd like, but I don't really know what you'd do with her outside the X-Men

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
4173 said:
I'm obligated to say Stephanie Brown. Thumbs up for optimism!
As Spoiler or as Batgirl?

Oh, Empowered, maybe? But that'd be so hard to do well.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Problem is separating what she could do in the comics (which outside of Empathy is fairly vague) and what she could do in the cartoon series (which was awesome).
I take it you mean Teen Titans?

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
DrunkenElfMage said:
I don't have the comic book knowledge to name a good character to use. I know there are other female superheroes besides Wonderwoman, but for the life of me I can't name any.
All heroes are game here by the way. It doesn't matter how obscure they are.
Aside from Wonder Woman, eh? Okay, easy enough. Since the other basics have been covered, how about the female Super Hero who redefined a genre?

Sailor V.

Her comic was recently re-released, and who doesn't want to see the reincarnation of Aphrodite (the Greek goddess of Love and Beauty) beat bad guys with a fucking golden chain? And also by kicking people in the face. And possibly by beating them to death with her goddamn princess wand [http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?468442-In-Which-I-Watch-Sailor-Moon&p=10777310#post10777310].

Here she is again in the other version of her combat outfit with the aforementioned golden chain she beats villains with.

I'd also mention Sailor Moon, but she just got a new TV series, so doesn't need a movie the way that Sailor V does.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I do indeed.
Nice. I actually ended up watching it's entire run for the first time not too long ago, and Raven's definitely my favorite of the group.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
King of Asgaard said:
Raven.
She's a half-demon half-human who can project her 'shadow self' and use it to completely fuck with her enemies using telepathy, telekinesis and many other powerful abilities.
Basically, she's awesome.
This.
Depending on how Teen Titans Go! does, and fan reaction, there's a chance one might be made. Possibly.