Which is more important: Good Mouse or good keyboard.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
I'm not adding a poll, basically I like seeing peoples opinions, not numbers.

So, which is better for PC gaming? Mouse? Keyboard?

Personally, I fall in line with mouse, cause often times, you can play a game almost solely by clicking, I mean, yes you have to walk, and if you're quick on the board, you can beat your mouse reaction, but out of habit, I use my mouse more.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
This isn't even a choice.

Its mouse. Everyone will say mouse. EVERYONE (Except for WoW nuts, but who cares what they think).

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
For me there are no reason to get a better keyboard, then the cheapest you can find. With the mouse there are a clear better performance with a good mouse.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
For gaming, I would guess a mouse.
Actually, put me down under 'good mouse' on all fronts. My wireless died a month ago, and I've had to live with a touchpad for what feels like an eternity.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I find that most times, I can tell when I have a bad keyboard, and not so much a bad mouse. Mice are all basically the same, it's keyboards that can be different sizes, different depths, and need different amounts of pressure to type on.
However, I do like a mouse with a scroll-down button, which is also a open-in-new-tab button. So I guess I hate macs?

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I find that most times, I can tell when I have a bad keyboard, and not so much a bad mouse. Mice are all basically the same, it's keyboards that can be different sizes, different depths, and need different amounts of pressure to type on.
However, I do like a mouse with a scroll-down button, which is also a open-in-new-tab button. So I guess I hate macs?
There's actually substantial differences in mice. I've seen several dozen different designs, ranging from simple to ergonomic to gaming. A good mouse will be comfortable and move very smoothly. A bad mouse will be jumpy and not feel that great in the hands.

Example: Default mouse is plastic with a low DPI laser. It works, but it's not great. I currently have a Razer DeathAdder mouse with a smooth coating that feels great in the hands and also has a high DPI laser for increased precision and smoothness.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
I'd put down money for a good keyboard that is trimmed down of anything that does not fit into the rectangle of tilde and right-control, additional USB ports would be also nice, but not necessary.
Mouse? Eh, I should get a decent one but I don't play anything that actually needs it. I just don't like mine very much anymore. Maybe one with a smooth wheel.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Good graphics card and processor. :)

Ok, yeah, back on topic.

I do think a keyboard makes all the difference, because I can use all types of mice just as well. Well, except my friends, his double clicks when you click on anything, and the scroll wheel doesn't work. I can use my laptops touchpad very well, after years of experience, so like when I'm reading something, instead of reaching for my wireless mouse, I just use the touchpad. Easier for me.

I love my laptops keyboard, and I hate the ones my school has. Just the different design of the keys, and the necessary pressure needed.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
Mouse.

The difference between two keyboards will be size, extra fluff that is only gameplay-useful in MMOs, a little bit of ergonomics and the feel of the buttons.
(I almost cried when I thought I bricked my irreplaceable G15 1st edition though)

There's a lot of ergonimic difference in mice as well, and some minor fluff buttons[footnote]With the exception of dedicated MMO mice which have a helluva lot of fluff[/footnote], but you then also have some very noticeable differences in precision of the tracker, and if we move into Wireless mice there's some serious difference in wireless speeds as well.

If you're gonna spend money, blow it on a good mouse.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Heh, this is going to go overwhelmingly in the direction of the mouse. I definitely need a good mouse more. 5400dpi makes a world of difference over a $10 mouse. And I like a few side buttons.

I only have a G15 because it looks cool. I could never find a use for the macro G-keys, not even when I played WoW. The LCD screen is useful to view the time, or check processor performance. Or check my music while I'm in a game. Battlefield games also let you check the score and your overall experience, which is great. But I don't miss it when games don't have G15 features.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Personally, I've never had much problems with either. Though, maybe if you're a hard core gamer, but then it'd depend on what games you play, surely?

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Keyboard.

Mice can be pretty similar, it's workable with a low DPI cheap end mouse. Keyboards can be horrible to work with however, just depending on how you react to the pressure needed, the feel of the keys and the layout of the board.

I use a cheap crappy mouse for my games, my keyboard though has to be just right or I can't play.

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
Mouse, obviously. The mouse is a precision tool, the keyboard just has to have buttons that can be pressed.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Right now my middle mouse button doesn't work, and the lazer spazzes out some fierce, especially during FPS's, so yeah, i'm gonna say mouse.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
This isn't even a choice.

Its mouse. Everyone will say mouse. EVERYONE (Except for WoW nuts, but who cares what they think).
I have a mouse with 14 programmable buttons. It works out better than any expensive keyboards I've ever seen.