Which is the better buy, Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3?

Aviyur

Mar 11, 2010
If your primary platform is a PC get BF3.

If its a console get MW3. Simple.

IF Co-op is your thing though get MW3 cos BF's co-op mode is a joke.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Skyrim. Wait, that wasn't an option? WHAT DA FUCK ES WRONG WIT YOU? YOU CRAZY ER SOMETHUN?

YokuG

Mar 21, 2011
Both... Both are good games, and they're quite different, even tho they're from the same genre.
Their game flow and the feel of everything is like night and day.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Richard Humphries said:
People I have been talking to have been telling me CoD looks better and plays better, but I played the Battlefield 3 beta and that looked amazing and it was incredibly fun. I guess mt friends are just CoD gamers.
Whoever told you CoD looks better is telling an outright lie, whether you like CoD or BF3, BF3 has unquestionably better graphics, where MW3 pretty much reuses the ones from MW2, extremely poorly textured rocks and all

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
everyone has already said what needed to be said. though personally vehicles completely break multiplayer experiences unless done right which in my experience the battlefield series did not. I got modern warfare 3 cause its more suited to my tastes, but i can see the appeal of battlefield, the campaign of modern warfare 3 finally wraps up the story from all three and means i dont have to buy another COD. survival mode and spec ops are still barrels of fun to be had and so is the single player. multiplayer i have not yet played and so cant comment on but iut does have some things changed like nerfed noob tubes and nerfed shotguns a different unlock system more balanced killstreaks and so on. but what opther people have said is true if you like depending on yourself get COD but if you like team based get battlefield.. i wont because even though i love team based combat battlefield is broke beyond belief in my experience.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Richard Humphries said:
I've been looking up videos for both games and they look great, but I really need to know which one brings more fun and variety to the table. For right now I can only get one, I just want to make sure it is the right one.
First of all, which platform? if you're getting it on PC and using a monitor, fair warning in Modern warfare the FOV is very tight, and personally it caused me severe motion sickness, doesn't happen to everyone like I said, just some fair warning.

Moving on, BF3 is more of a team based shooter that in my opinion requires more skill whereas MW3 is more of a dumb shooter where you can go lone wolf and still win (by the way, there's nothing wrong with that, you just have to accept that that's what it is).
So the main points at the end of the day (excluding the fact that BF3 has the vehicular combat which is quite fun I think) are BF3 is great if you like working with your team mates, but MW3 is better for just picking up and playing for half an hour.

But all this is my opinion so take it for what it's worth

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
UrieHusky said:
Richard Humphries said:
I've been looking up videos for both games and they look great, but I really need to know which one brings more fun and variety to the table. For right now I can only get one, I just want to make sure it is the right one.
First of all, which platform? if you're getting it on PC and using a monitor, fair warning in Modern warfare the FOV is very tight, and personally it caused me severe motion sickness, doesn't happen to everyone like I said, just some fair warning.

Moving on, BF3 is more of a team based shooter that in my opinion requires more skill whereas MW3 is more of a dumb shooter where you can go lone wolf and still win (by the way, there's nothing wrong with that, you just have to accept that that's what it is).
So the main points at the end of the day (excluding the fact that BF3 has the vehicular combat which is quite fun I think) are BF3 is great if you like working with your team mates, but MW3 is better for just picking up and playing for half an hour.

But all this is my opinion so take it for what it's worth
I'm buying the game for Xbox 360. I don't use PC for anything other than my RTS games and the occasional Minecraft. And one thing that appealed to me was the tactical gameplay in Battlefield. I like running and gunning just as much as the next guy, but I prefer a good strategy to victory over anything.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Go with BF3 because my opinions are facts and you should have the same opinions as me, also you should post on COD videos that BF is superior and that MW3 is the same crap as MW2, if someone asks why MW3 sucks you say that IW doesn't care about PC and that they did not include LAN support and that totally matters, it's ok to say that even if you don't play LAN with your friends because you play BF3 and that makes you better than everyone else.

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
For singelplayer I would go with CoD since the singelplayer in Bf3 is possibly the worst singelplayer experience Ive ever had.

For multiplayer though I would buy Bf3, since the battlefield games are fantastic multiplayer games.

hitman_7

Apr 3, 2011
Hear me out
I got friends who have already played Mw3 and THEY say its pretty much Mw2 nothing more nothing less
Then I got other friends (Me included) who have played all the call of duty and all of the battlefields and we prefer way more BF3 moastly because its way more fun to play it friends and ppl u know because its a team based game that rewards players who act like a team and not like a Cod fanboy lone-wolf crap thing..

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Which one do most of your friends have? Get that one.
If you don't want to play with your friends, then look at other factors, like the use of vehicles, reality of the game engine etc. I think if you like shooters, you'll be more than satisfied with which ever one you buy.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Richard Humphries said:
I'm buying the game for Xbox 360. I don't use PC for anything other than my RTS games and the occasional Minecraft. And one thing that appealed to me was the tactical gameplay in Battlefield. I like running and gunning just as much as the next guy, but I prefer a good strategy to victory over anything.
I'll be honest with you then friend, get Battlefield 3. I give it a hearty recommendation I have been having a lot of fun with it.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
If you enjoy solo work, and carrying teams. MW3 has rebalnced itself quite well, and fixed the issues that i hated with the mw2. (noob tubers, the shotguns ect.)

Since you have an xbox, and if you dont mind doing an odd series of events, to get access to the multiplayer, and have friends who know how to handle themselves. Plus a certain hd pack. BF can be quite fun.

Not trying to start a flame war, but this is my opion, if someone says this is(BF) designed to take call of duty down. Then i find out i need to download a graphics boost to get the game to look almost like cod, i think someone is underacheving just a bit. But either way both games are rehashes with new crap on em.

Makon

Jul 9, 2008
From a guy who has played (beaten) and loved both games, lemme break it down for ya.

BF3 Pros: Much more 'authentic' feel to it. Laser sights and flashlights blind you, the sun is a real ***** sometimes, and unless you got a lot of rockets, some mines, or a jet/helicopter backing you up, that tank is gonna ruin your day. Getting into a dogfight online is some serious fun when you also take into context that while your flying up there, there's the ground war with other peeps down there. There is a ton of variety in the BF3 multi-player as well. Infantry fights? Check. Usable vehicles? Check. Playing as a medic or spotter? Check. Aerial dogfights and chopper-gunner overwatch? Check. Team-play is extremely rewarding (when it actually happens). The campaign was very good, though again, with a more 'authentic' feel to it, and while the story wasn't much to write home about, it was still good (Preferred MoH or CoD over it in story (subjective)).

BF3 Cons: When the teamwork aspect falls through, your game comes crashing down like a sack of bricks. If you want a simple frag-fest for some K/D brawling, it's likely to let you down. Since snipers are more viable (subjective) in BF3 due to the longer distance and overwatch positions, you can get ripped to shreds before you ever get to the fight. The campaign doesn't teach you crap for the equipment and vehicles you'll use in multiplayer, so expect a lot of trial and error when hopping online (Still can't fly a helicopter for shit).

MW3 Pros: It's Michael Bay's love-child. Explosions and epic stage pieces freakin' everywhere in the story. If you've even touched the campaigns for MW1 & 2, it's a very solid and satisfying conclusion. Sure it's surreal, but I admit that I had a big smile on my face through every level of the campaign. Spec-Ops is back with Survival Mode, which I unfortunately haven't touched yet, but intend to rectify that. Multiplayer is relatively the same as the previous MW games, though some nice changes have happened. If you're a sniper, quick-scoping's back. Weapons now have their own levels with their own perks. The level design seems pretty solid so far (Only done two matches, please don't kill me). Online is great for some simple frag-fest and getting your shooter on.

MW3 Cons: Let's face it, this is NOT how anything even close to real military actions take place, so please don't think it has an 'authentic' feel. Suspension of disbelief is mandatory for the campaign. If you intend to do the campaign, hope you've played MW1 & 2, where-as BF3 is standalone. The graphics engine is the same, though tweaked decently. Multiplayer is extremely similar to the previous few CoD games, with only smaller changes/improvements. Let's also face it, CoD has some of the most annoying tweens you'll ever play alongside/against (Thank god for Mute).

Misc Points: Both campaigns are relatively short, about 6-10 hours each. Both have Co-Op modes (BF3: Co-Op, MW3: Spec-Ops/Survival) and Multi-player. Each one's feel is unique to itself: BF3 has more authenticity, while MW3 heralds Michael Bay and offers you more boom. Both look very good, each with their own art style (BF3: Crisper graphics and longer view-distance, MW3: More color and a smoother frame-rate (And no blinding f***ing flashlights)).

TL;DR: Want team-work and authentic? Get BF3. Want hollywood boom-boom with a frag-fest and survival? Get MW3. Both are very good games, and both have their own unique ID.

Pheral

Nov 7, 2011
Honestly, Call of Duty games don't change all to much, new kill streaks or new weapons and attachments at most. Battlefield has more variety, plus it actually requires teamwork..