Which is your favourite God?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
I have the thing for gnostic Demiurge.
Rotten as it is, this world is also marvelous place indeed. And since we can know an author by its deed, then Demiurge must at least partially be an artisan, a poet, and a scientist...

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
fnlrpa said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Ethan Asia said:
Heresy! A mere man could never ascend to godhood!
BLAM! HERETIC! You deny the god-emperor!
Talos is but a man, he is no god, If any mortal were to join the Aedra it would be an Altmer like myself of superior quality
You elves are all racists!

~Apollo: if there's any god with a bit of culture, it's this bloke. That, and he can pin you to a wall at over 500m with an arrow.

(Although I'm inclined to say Inglip)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011

Hades.

No really bear with me. I'm not some emo kid trying to be cool by liking the 'bad guy'

My sister is amazing, awesome and beautiful and everyone loves her. I'm a really bad tempered snarky, loner and yet everyone expects me to be like my sister... I can't help feeling some camaraderie with the guy, that's all.

Brofist Hades. Brofist.

Also Sheogorath because he's clearly the god of gamers.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
These guys (Video reversed due to copyright or something)

Special mention goes to Sheogora-wabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajackwabbajack...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Why Amaterasu (Okami) of course! I mean who doesn't love a glowly white fur wolf with red tatoo and whenever she run, flowers grow after her trail! Oh and she also kick ass too!

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I'm gonna have to go with the Norse crowd, and choose the big cheese himself - Odin. On top of being a totally awesome dude, featuring prominently in American Gods - one of my favourite books - I just reckon the world would be a lot more peaceful and chill if the good ole Norse pantheon was back in business.

That's why I'm on a crusade to bring it up. By innocuously dropping phrases such as 'Odin's beard be praised', or 'By the Midguard Serpent' into general conversation, I'm bringing Norse awareness back into the active subconscious of my contemporaries. It may not seem like much, but I'm just taking it one step at a time.

Soon...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
The almightly Pie that watches over all of us and his prophet that was sent to save us all, I quote his predecessor the Bodyguard:

"I will only baptise you in water whereas he'll baptise you in gravy..."

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
JoJoDeathunter said:
The almightly Pie that watches over all of us and his prophet that was sent to save us all, I quote his predecessor the Bodyguard:

"I will only baptise you in water whereas he'll baptise you in gravy..."
Ha the Cake will see your downfall! and all who worship you will drown in rivers of custard!

MUAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA...ahem.

I'm okay now.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
I take a liking to all sorts of deities and prophets and shit from greek mythology. You know, like Zeus, Hercules, etc. They actually sort of made sense, unlike the ones we have today. Except for Buddha, presumably a fat mentally handicapped asian prophet. He was cool.

EDIT: Forgot about the Flying Spaghetti Monster thing. Yay. I first heard about it on South Park, by the way. South Park is awesome.
EDIT 2: Oh yeah, also the gods from the TES series. I'll go with Tiber Septim as the human who turned leader of the Aedra after death. And Akatosh. And Sheogorath. And Nocturnal. And Clavicus Vi-GAH SHUT THE FUCK UP!

DISCLAIMER: This post does not intend to offend any kind of religion, although it does so. If you feel offended, then keep that oppinion to yourself.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
TLS14 said:
I'm tempted to be witty and say Akatosh, but my inner Elder Scrolls fanboy can be repressed.

Therefore, Odin. Because he's just that cool.
If you were a true TES fan, you'd be saying a Daedric Prince, not some poncy Aedra! :p

As for me, Azura. Obviously.
Deadric Princes all the way. I love how simple and fair they are: you do something for them, you get rewarded; you don't do as you're told, you get punished. Easy to remember.

For me, Sheogorath. I mean, a completely bonkers god that moonlights as his own arch-nemesis, what's not to like?

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
Bacchus, the ancient Greek God of drunken revery. Of course, I think Delirium, Dream, Death and Destruction are more cool but the Endless aren't Gods.

Daniel Janhagen

Mar 28, 2011
Abandon4093 said:
If we're doing intentionally fictional deities. I'd say Slaanesh encapsulates all the best things about being a deity.
Except for one very important thing: If you're dealing with Slaanesh, things will not end well for you. You're either found out as a heretic and killed (if you're lucky), or you don't get caught, and something much worse awaits you at the hands of your masters (or brothers and sisters).