Which of the 7 Deadly Sins do you embody the most?

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Ah hell, I'm a fan of all seven. But right now, I'm gonna have to go with sloth. I procrastinate a lot. I keep putting things off. I know it would make more sense to do all my college work earlier but I still don't.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I don't really go in for Wrath or Envy. I'm a relaxed person and willing to forgive almost anything, and I don't tend to be jealous of anything much. I don't care if people have more money than me, or more stuff than me. I occasionally get slightly bothered when a girl I like goes off with someone else, but that feeling isn't so much jealousy of that other person, it's more regret that I wasn't good enough or whatever...
The other five sins, yeah, sign me up for those. Although, I've been working on pride. I try to never arrogantly assume that someone is wrong, to the point where I actually went to a church with a friend because she insisted that it isn't like the boring places I experienced growing up. I still didn't agree with any of it and found some of it outright absurd, but I will admit that it was more engaging than I'd expected.

Anyway...

So, just greed, gluttony, sloth and lust then...

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
1. Sloth: YES, so much yes. By far my greatest shortcoming. I'm quite a capable guy, and can mostly achieve what I put my mind to, but I find myself wanting to just roll around in bed in the mornings for an extra hour or two rather than finally get my damn work done. I'll spend hours watching YouTube when I have a three thousand word essay to write for tomorrow, and I'll take a nap when I have the finals tomorrow and should be studying right now.

2. Greed: Yup. I am, indeed, a cheap bastard. I'll buy the shitty second hand thing that'll break in a week rather than buy the first hand thing that'll serve me for years, just for a couple cents cheaper. I'll buy only a salad in a high-class restaurant because I know I can eat more for less at home. I'll go rumaging through old clothes and try to get something that fits rather than buy it new. Pretty guilty of this one.

3. Wrath: Quite a bit. I'm easily annoyed, and (particularly in the mornings) will snap out at things that really shouldn't anger me. I am quite hard to get in full berserk mode, with most of my displays of this being quick snips, but when I do go over the limit, I go over the limit HARD.

4. Pride: Not actually sure. I think I'm a pretty great person, to be completely honest, but I do realize I have a lot of flaws, and I am (or at the very least, try to be) pretty modest in conversation.

5. Envy: Not really. I do get pretty jealous of my friends at times, but I tend to live by the rule that if I want something I should just work harder to get it, so I end up blaming myself most of the time.

6. Gluttony: Once again, nope. I eat what I need to not be hungry, and little more. Sure, I'll occasionally pick up a bag of chips to snack on when watching a movie, but that happens quite rarely.

7. Lust: Nope. I'm actually a bit confused at my sexuality at the moment, being my age I should be stewing in hormones (God knows most people my age I know are) and I'm not interested in either gender at all. I don't know whether I'm asexual or just a very late bloomer.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
i'd say Sloth somewhat... as I have a hard time getting motivated.

and Lust as of late... my wife and I have "altered our relationship" as of late and geez! it's like being crazy teenagers all over again.

dragonswarrior

Also a Social Justice Warrior
Feb 13, 2012
Lust - Yea. This is my number one. I'm a nymphomaniac. It's gotten me into trouble on more than one occasion, and while I finally have some kind of handle on it, it's still my number one "sin". Which I don't consider a sin at all. Despite it getting me into trouble.

Actually, that is the only one that seriously applies to me. All the other sins I have in super moderation, or barely at all. Pride and sloth would probably be the two others biggest for me, as I can be arrogant and lazy, but I'm also fairly humble and will do what I need to do when I need to do it. So there ya go.

Envy, wrath, gluttony, and greed barely apply to me at all.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
Wrath:I only get angery with good provaction, I just don't get mad over the slightest things.

Greed: Money is nice, but you get money just to have it, its kinda pointless.

Envy: Nah not very jealous at all really

lust: 18 year old virgin, do the math, though I can control myself near females.

Gluttony:Yea I tend to eat alot, snacking is one of my favortie times of day.

Pride Sometimes i think higher of my self in games like mmos, and mabye I can get overconfident. but eh screw it I can be a bit prideful.

Sloth: when its comes to fun and games woohoo! work? eh maybe later.

so 4 outta 7, eh I don't belive in hell and heaven so...

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Oh...all seven.
But I don't view them as wrong, just human nature.
My anger is for the guilty and my pride is largely silent.
I'm an understanding and swell guy, just don't cross me.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Well, I don't fall into vices of Gluttony or Sloth because I'm health conscious and engage in physical activity every day.
Greed isn't much on the table either because I don't covet money. I don't have much wealth, but I'm generous about volunteering my time.
Nor is it Envy, because I keep things in perspective. Someone who is better than me at something probably worked for it.
It could be Wrath, because I can get pretty angry, but I rarely ever act out in anger (anymore), and I do have to be patient with people in a lot of situations.
Lust is there, certainly, but I tend to think that sin is overused, because, damn, are we a bunch of prudes.

So I guess, I'm pretty perfect then. I don't have any serious vices or problems, my life is super great. There's no way I could ever fall into a trap of any of the seven... oh... wait...

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
My biggest offenders are Sloth and Pride. I am a very lazy bastard unless I'm properly motivated, a rare state of mind for me. And I have way too much pride for my own good. I really need to work on that.

As an adolescent I have plenty of of stocks in the Lust department as well, but I guess this is natural. Nothing extreme in any way, shape or form.

Envy, Greed an Gluttony are nigh non-existent for me.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Sloth, just getting up in the "morning" is such a pain.

Also but less so are Lust, Greed and Fuhrer Bradley.

cerebreturns

Jan 15, 2013
probably in the order of

Sloth>gluttony>wrath>pride

...but...I think pride might be higher. I think that in general pride is on the hardest to self diagnose/analyze

also gluttony actually has little to nothing to do with food and is about excess of pleasure. A lot of what people think falls under Lust actually falls under gluttony.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
A toss up between lust, gluttony, and sloth... probably lust wins out by a small margin.

Hell if I could I would eat donuts while fucking... And I'd be on the bottom just laying there.

Jan 27, 2011
Sloth. Definitely sloth.

I'm a lazy bum most of the time, often procrastinating until it's almost too late, and often times spending more of my study time taking "Breaks" and playing games rather than actually studying.

I also tend to be very laid back and laissez faire about everything. I very rarely get motivated about stuff, and it's usually fun stuff that does it for me (playing games, surfing TVtropes, etc).

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Mainly sloth. I'm trying to get into a top university and know I probably can, but just can't muster the enthusiasm for my subjects at the moment and am doing pretty badly.
Nearly as much lust. For the reason the original poster put, and there's always where you go through a phase of being crazy about one person and it's just... annoying.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Update to my original post from last night:

I yelled at a bag of doritos because I flipped it over and it spilled on the floor. As I was cleaning, I threatened the bag never to do that again and smashed the chips left inside.

Maybe too wrathful.

V3rtig0

Mar 3, 2012
Sloth, definitely sloth. There are times when I feel that I might just be the very embodiment of procrastination. Thankfully, I can overcome this on very important matters, and I hope to keep doing that(and maybe even more) in the future.

As far as I know, glutonny means being unable to find moderation in food consumption. If we can broaden the concept to apply to other things, then this would take a strong second place. Whenever I discover books, music, games, tv series or movie series that I like a lot, I usually indulge myself too often and for amounts of time that border on unhealthy. It becomes all or nothing for me.

I think I'm actually pretty good with the other five.
Envy - yes, there are moments when I think that I'd like to have things or even character traits that other people have, but it's never in a malicious manner.
Wrath - I don't get into many situations that require anger managements, but when I do, I try to avoid venting on other people. I prefer punching a wall.
Lust - I like girls and I like sex. Though I think there's nothing unhealthy in the manner that I like them.
Greed - I'm sometimes stingy about money, but I think it's only in comparison to other people. I don't buy a lot of stuff for myself, just because I think I don't need most of it. I don't need the newest iPhone or iPad or iWhatever, I have a fully functional 5 year old Nokia N73 that I use for SMS, calls, camera, alarm, calculator and internet access(however outdated and crude, yet still effective).
Pride - I may not have the highest self esteem or ego, but I know my worth. I don't go around flaunting it though.

Uh, yeah. That about covers it.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
My religion says. they are not sins but human nature and I must embrace them for they make me human.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Pride - Now THIS is my sin. I'm proud as fuck, but rightfully so. I fail to see how pride is a bad thing unless it crosses over into Vainglory.
Act humble, even if you're not, and you should be fine.
-
-
Lust - I am a superbeast, but I keep myself locked up. Does it still count if I have it under control?

Gluttony - I CAN devour a whole large pizza and a large thing of chilie cheese fries without trying, but I have no particular desire for food. In fact, I sometimes forget to eat for 3 days at a time. I literally don't experience hunger.

Greed - I'm not remotely greedy. I think in the last 2 weeks I've spent like $300 on my best friend, just for the hell of getting her cool stuff I know she wants but can't afford herself. Generally speaking, I also normally don't spend money very quickly at all. I just have no compulsion to buy things unless they happen to be very damn near perfectly what I'm looking for.
On the other hand, I'm a collector of awesome stuff, and I'd have a hard time giving someone something I've collected...because it'd break my collection.

Sloth - I'm physically innactive, but it's more a function of the weather in Houston being hostile 95% of the year, and there not actually being much physical to do indoors. *shrug*
That said, I'm actually fairly in shape and ridiculously powerful, despite not working out hardly at all.

Wrath - I am VERY good at controlling my temper.

Envy - Hmmm.... You /could/ say I have one case of Envy. Or you could say that this one guy is a dumb bastard who truly does not deserve what he has and legitimately SHOULD fall into a deep dark hole.
Other than arguably that one guy, I'm pretty zen.

Acedia - Man, if this is a sin, then that's one almost everyone EVER is guilty of.

Vainglory - Nope. Not even a little vainglorious.

Vanity - Nope. I make sure I'm just as well put-together as needed to be taken seriously by basically anyone I might deal with, but I refuse to go out of my way to be needlessly fancy or cool or whatever.