Which of these Disney Channel live-action kid sitcoms of the 2000s to early 2010s

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I'm on a bit of a Disney 2000s to early 2010s nostalgia kick. So thought I'd ask which of these kid or teen sitcoms from that era people here enjoyed the most.

The chosen sitcoms are:

Suite Life of Zack and Cody

That's So Raven

Hannah Montana

Suite Life on Deck

Wizards of Waverly Place

Jessie

Austin & Ally

Good Luck Charlie

Shake It Up

Reactions: Alienware

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada
I used to watch that's so raven with my sister often, good show.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's So Raven and sometimes Zack and Cody. Disney live-action show got shittier each year.

EDIT: Even Stevens is my favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
What, no Even Stevens or Lizzy Mcguire? Even Stevens in particular was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

I didn't watch anything from your list, though I remember That's So Raven airing at the time. I'm thinking maybe you're a couple years younger than me, thus the lack of overlap.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
None for me.

I was more of a Live Action Nickalodeon guy.

Like Kenan and Kel, Drake and Josh, The Amanda Show, All That. Never bothered watching iClary though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Or maybe you grew more and more out of the show's intended demographic age range?
Yes and no. It was noticeable, even during my years as a pre-teen and teenager, there was a noticeable drop in quality when it came to a lot of their live-action sitcoms. I always preferred the original animated shows on Disney channel any way at that time (and still do). Not that all of them were perfect either. It's telling something that even Miley Cyrus hated doing Hanna Montana. Mainly because they used and ditched her when she was no longer needed. Ironic and hypocritical, as she would do the same to black culture to give a new jump start yo her fame. So fuck her.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What, no Even Stevens or Lizzy Mcguire? Even Stevens in particular was one of my favorite shows as a kid.
They technically count as 90s, though both shows ended in the early 2000s. Even Stevens was also my fav on the live-action Disney show list.

I was more of a Live Action Nickalodeon guy.

Like Kenan and Kel, Drake and Josh, The Amanda Show, All That. Never bothered watching iClary though.
iCarly you're not missing anything, and I always hated Meg from Drake and Josh. Most live action Nick shows killed or dominated over whatever Disney was pulling out. It's a shame, because Nick started trying to be more like Disney live-action shows during the late 2000s, and especially the early 2010s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
They technically count as 90s, though both shows ended in the early 2000s. Even Stevens was also my fav on the live-action Disney show list.
What? I don't see how because Wikipedia lists Even Stevens and Lizzy McGuire premiering on June 17, 2000 and January 12, 2001 respectively.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What? I don't see how because Wikipedia lists Even Stevens and Lizzy McGuire premiering on June 17, 2000 and January 12, 2001 respectively.
I could have sworn Even Stevens was at least from late 1999. It definitely feels like a 90s sitcom, considering production had to have started somewhere in 1999. Lizzie I honestly forgot started in 2001. Oh well, add that shit to the list; I know I am.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada
p232640_b_v8_as.jpg

I didn't watch anything from your list, though I remember That's So Raven airing at the time. I'm thinking maybe you're a couple years younger than me, thus the lack of overlap.
Lizzy Mcguire was good! and I just remembered this show:

Reactions: BrawlMan

ClockworkUser

Nov 16, 2021
Country
Australia
IMO The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and That’s So Raven were the best DC sitcoms of those mentioned in the OP. I didn’t like any of the others mentioned.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I've looked at that list and I must confess I have no idea what any of these shows are. Like Jesus how much pop culture passed me by?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I've looked at that list and I must confess I have no idea what any of these shows are. Like Jesus how much pop culture passed me by?
Same. The only name I recognize is Hannah Montana. I was already in college when the first of these aired tho, so well past the age demographic.