Which one subject is really disconcerting for you to talk about?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I can talk about anything (I don't like talking about anything but I swallow my own disapproval and discuss it if need be) but I do not like discussing religion or politics. They always turn into a big mess because nobody is willing to change their opinion and both sides think they're right.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Road_Block said:
Fight Club, cause that would be breaking the first two rules.
I seriously have this problem. Same thing with Pulp Fiction and District 9. You need to see them to get it.

I hate talking about myself, since if I do I end up psychoanalyzing myself and get depressed.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
It's rare I shy away from a subject but I tend not to talk about my family life. Not that there's anything wrong with it by any means but of all the topics in the world, that one's the most private for me.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
briunj04 said:
Religion. I'm always afraid that I'm gonna say _something_ that offends Christians.
There are no Christians in my small group of close friends. If there were they would have been scared off LONG ago by me and my one friend (he is a serious anti-theist). So that one I don't mind being brought up. Even had a few discussions on it with my girlfriend.

I love open-minded people who share enough of my views that I can relate to them but not to the degree that it is talking in a mirror that never has a different idea.

But mostly discussion with said people is fine. With people I don't know who aren't intelligent and open-minded with similar views I feel uncomfortable saying anything.

Matthew Wilson

Apr 27, 2010
I get really uncomfertable about rape, I don't know why because I can stomach other crimes like murder but rape just creeps me out.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Faith and religion. As soon as people start talking about that within 5 minutes it's people arguing about who's right and who's wrong. Also, because i'm Christian, people see me as an easy target to mock, have a go at, accuse of being a paedophile with NO proof what so ever, call me a moral dinosaur when i have done nothing to offend them.

There's a lot of irrational hate in the world, and i guess that sort of conversation that stirs up that hate disconcerts me.

rokkolpo said:
Menstruation.

I do not want to be reminded it.......ugh.
What is this you speak of? Tell me all about it? Haha ;D

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Suicide and self-harm. I have a friend that almost killed herself, and it was about a year-long struggle to help her through. It's just a touchy subject to me.

BigEvilTurtle

May 23, 2011
Chancie said:
Suicide and self-harm. I have a friend that almost killed herself, and it was about a year-long struggle to help her through. It's just a touchy subject to me.
Concurred. My best friend of 12 years killed himself on August 30, 2009. I'm not too keen on people joking around about suicide, but were a friend to have an issue and speak to me about it, I'd be fine. It depends on the context.

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Free Thinker said:
Politics, religion, and feelings. If you do not have my consent and you bring anything of these things up, happiness and sunshine just died, and no amount of ponies will bring it back.
Happiness is a feeling. I believe you owe me a non descriptive amount of ponies. :p

OT: I'm good with almost all subjects, but alcohol is one that I'm not really comfortable with in normal conversations.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Drugs. When people start telling me what a drug does, my skin starts crawling, and my mind creates a scenario in which I am now under the influence of that drug.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
Masturbation... I'm just kidding, me and all my friends swap masturbation stories all the time :p. For instance, this one time I was masturbating violently when all of a sudden

BigEvilTurtle

May 23, 2011
Flailing Escapist said:
Masturbation... I'm just kidding, me and all my friends swap masturbation stories all the time :p. For instance, this one time I was masturbating violently when all of a sudden
.. your mother walked in. Yes, yes. We all know. I'm not too fond of discussing friend's sex stories. I'm not getting any and it doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Sex- Im a bit of prude and always get uncomfortable talking about it, to the poin where I dont join in the "fittie at 8 o clock" crap guys seem to be expected to do.

Emotional stuff- It just makes me really really uncomfortable, not sure if this is a stiff upper lip british thing or just me personally but if your going through hell dont post it on FB looking for sympathy, phone up a friend, see a movie ffs.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
BigEvilTurtle said:
Flailing Escapist said:
.. your mother walked in. Yes, yes. We all know. I'm not too fond of discussing friend's sex stories. I'm not getting any and it doesn't make me feel any better about it.
..... You have hands don't you?

BigEvilTurtle

May 23, 2011
Flailing Escapist said:
BigEvilTurtle said:
Flailing Escapist said:
..... You have hands don't you?
Who needs hands when you have female friends?! ;D

._.