Which platform has your favourite lineup for this year and the next?

Astalano

Nov 24, 2009
Personally, it's the PC, which has had a suprising number of announcements, suprising great releases and great upcoming games:

-Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
-Battlefield 3
-Salem looks interesting
-Crusader Kings 2 (whenever that comes out)
-Pirates of the Black Cove
-King Arthur 2: The Role-playing Wargame
-Sword of the Stars 2
-Torchlight 2
-Risen 2
-Trine 2
-The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings
-Shogun 2
-Diablo 3
-Guild Wars 2
-Portal 2
-Natural Selection 2
-Skyrim
-Magicka
-Stalker 2
-Stronghold 3
-Firefall looks interesting
-Fallout Online is something I'm quite excited to see what they do with
-Jurassic Park game from Telltale
-Orion: Prelude and other dinosaur games
-Star Wars: The Old Republic
-World of Tanks has been suprisingly awesome in beta
-Rock of Ages
-Insert other thing I've forgotten about or that you think deserves putting on the list here

Astalano

Nov 24, 2009
kman123 said:
...Jesus.

All I wanted was Deus Ex HR, Gears of War 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3. And Mass Effect 3. And...yeah.

Anyway, they're all on the 360, and that's the only console I own. So yay!
Just wanna point out that the games you want don't have to be on the platform you own.

smeghead25

Apr 28, 2009
Personally I see the PS3 lineup to be much better. It has all the same multiplatform games that I'm interested in as the 360 does, but it also has more exclusives like Uncharted 3, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance 3, Infamous 2 and Last Guardian. Xbox has... well, Gears and Halo. And I've never been a fan of Gears. Halo's great, and I'm very interested to see waht a new dev team can do, but my money is on PS3 having the better two years.

I admit though, I own both consoles, and a PC which runs pretty well so I'm not too fussed which one's got the best lineup, I get them all anyway :p

Games I'm looking forward to (including ones I haven't gotten around to yet that came out sort of recently)

PS3

Uncharted 3
R&C: All 4 One
Infamous 2
Mass Effect 2 coz it has all the DLC, I have rubbish internet :/
Resistance 3
Killzone 3
Ico + SotC pack
Splinter Cell HD trilogy
Any other HD packs
Last Guardian
Tombi (PSN release XD)
Stranger's Wrath HD
FFXIII-2
God Of War
Heavy Rain Sequel

Xbox 360

Halo
Umm... Mass Effect 3 so I can use my other saves I guess? I'll be getting it on both :p
Metro 2034
Yup, I'm honestly stumped for anything else.
Gears of War 3. Just to fill up the list (and I need it to complete the collection anyway).

PC

Even less stuff.

Multiplatform

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Duke Nukem Forever
Mass Effect 3
The next Oddworld game (apparently NOT a remake of Oddysee XD)
CoD
BioShock Infinite
Bodycount
SKYRIM
MIRROR'S EDGE 2 GODDAMMIT!!!
GTA V (October 2012 release people, I frickin' called it)
RDR sequel
Red Faction: Armageddon
Enslaved sequel
Bulletstorm sequel
Assassin's Creed
Dead Space 3
Crysis 3
Whatever the other 2 games Richard K. Morgan is writing
Seriously, I'm going to go broke.
OH AND TRINE 2! Waht a beautifully crafted game :D

bobtheorc

Jun 12, 2009
Games I'm most looking forward to, or was are:

Shogun 2
Dawn of War Retribution
Skyrim
Witcher 2
Trine 2
Jurassic Park
SW: the Old Republic

so PC for me, though some of what's coming out on PS3 makes me wish I owned one.

Also did not know Stronghold 3 was on its way, have to go have a look at that.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Currently the PS3 is in the lead for me.

So...many...HD...remakes...

And PS1 classics had a ton of good stuff recently. And then there is Catherine.

Playing an Atlus game on the Xbox would feel WRONG.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I got to go with PS3. I've loved this console since i picked it up in 07' and its lineup just keeps getting better. I think 3 of my top 10 games are PS3 exclusives...

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The PS3 lineup this year is too good to pass up.

smeghead25 said:
Enslaved sequel
Really??!? I thought Enslaved didn't sell well enough. I loved that game, though.

smeghead25

Apr 28, 2009
DustyDrB said:
The PS3 lineup this year is too good to pass up.

smeghead25 said:
Enslaved sequel
Really??!? I thought Enslaved didn't sell well enough. I loved that game, though.
Well they haven't flat out crossed it off as an option, they knew they made a damn good game, it was just unfortunate timing with a bunch of other great releases around the corner, and some unfair reviews making a harsh comparison to Uncharted... I believe it was a great game, and Namco Bandai thought it was pretty good too, so they'll definitely be looking into it.

I think it'll follow the same path as Mirror's Edge 2, people will develop an appreciation for it over the next couple of years, and then once Ninja Theory are done with DMC and Ninja Gaiden 3 they might take a look at making a sequel with the stuff fans want that will hopefully get a better reception. I mean there's heaps of things they can do now with the story. Monkey started off as a loner, a guy who kept to himself but then had no choice and had to adopt the responsibility of keeping Trip alive. I'd love to see how the relationship would be strained or developed after the Pyramid thing, especially if he suddenly had to accept responsibility for all of those people and become a friggin' leader.