Which Social Link would you be?

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Also known as 'Which arcana are you?'

So, a mysterious blue haired boy has just moved into your school, people are starting to go white faced and say 'urgh urgh' a lot and at midnight you get turned (sorry, Transmogrified) into a coffin. Then one day, as you are minding your own business, the blue haired boy comes up to you and starts a conversation. Next thing you know, you've spent 3 hours chatting with him. As you make to leave, looking concernedly at your watch, time seems to stop, and a mysterious voice can be heard saying "thou art I, and I art thou.."
Yes, you have become a social link for the main character of a persona game. The question is, which social link would you be? Would you be the devil, seeking only personal gain? Or perhaps the tower, getting over a recent loss? Here are the arcana from persona 3: (Descriptions taken from Megami Tensei Wikia)
WALL OF TEXT ALERT!
The Magician:
"In tarot readings, the Magician Arcana is commonly associated with action, initiative, self-confidence, manipulation and power (more specifically, the power to harness one's talents.) As the name suggests, in gameplay, the Personas of the Magician Arcana are commonly Personas excelling towards Magic, particularly towards Fire-based element."
The Priestess:
"Portrayed as an old woman with a closed book, the Priestess Arcana is a symbol of hidden knowledge or other untapped power, wisdom, female mystery and magic when it appears in tarot readings. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Priestess Arcana are commonly associated with healing and support attributes."
The Empress:
"In tarot readings, the Empress represents prosperity, creativity, sexuality, abundance, fertility and comfort (most often in helping maintain peace around them like an ideal mother would.) Within the Persona universe, the Empress Arcana often belongs to women of authority or motherly figures. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Empress Arcana are often Personas excelling in Ice-based attacks with healing powers also relatively common; they are usually important female figures, and many are queens of some sort."
The Emperor:
"In tarot readings, the Emperor symbolizes the desire to control one's surroundings, and its appearance could suggest that one is trying too hard to achieve this, possibly causing trouble for others; some elements in life are just not controllable. Within the Persona universe, characters of the Emperor Arcana are often male leaders or father figures (or both). Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Emperor Arcana are Personas typically excelling in lightning-based and physical attacks; these Personas are almost always kings or emperor figures, but may simply be important male figures and deities."
The Hierophant:
"The Hierophant is a symbol of education, authority, conservatism, obedience to rules and relationship with the divine. The definition of a "hierophant" is a person who interprets sacred mysteries or esoteric principles, and the term was originally used to name ancient Greek priests who did so. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Hierophant Arcana have no weaknesses, but no particular strengths as well."
The Lovers:
"In tarot readings, the Lovers Arcana initially represented two paths life could lead to, and thus a symbol of standing at a crossroad and needing to make a decision. Today, however, it is portrayed more of a symbol of love and romantic relationships, although it can also be a symbol of finding agreement with an ordinary friend or even two conflicting elements within. A commonality among individuals of the Lovers Arcana is their popularity and their emphasis on social interaction. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Lovers Arcana are commonly associated with Support-Healing attributes; these Personas are usually important figures in history or mythology that were known as the wife (or husband) of another figure."
The Chariot:
"Portrayed as a king leading a chariot made up of two differently colored horses (in some cases mythical creatures). The Chariot Arcana is a symbol of victory, conquest, self-assertion, control, war and command. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Chariot Arcana are commonly Personas excelling in Physical-based attacks."
Justice:
"Portrayed as a woman holding a sword and balance, the Justice Arcana symbolizes a strict allegory of justice, objectivity, rationality and analysis. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Justice Arcana are commonly Personas excelling in Light-based affinities."
The Hermit:
"Portrayed as an old man in a dark place or cave, holding up a lantern, the Hermit is associated with wisdom, introspection, solitude, retreat and philosophical searches. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Hermit Arcana are commonly Personas excelling in Mental-Ailment skills."
Fortune:
"Portrayed as a wheel with different animals wearing wealthy and beggarly clothes up and down the wheel, the Fortune Arcana symbolizes Fate and varying luck, fortunes and opportunities. What goes up will go down, what goes down will go up. Bearers of the Fortune Arcana are often individuals who roll with life's punches and/or seize their own destiny, regardless of their surroundings. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Fortune Arcana is associated myth-figures related to Fate and Time, notable with the Norn Sisters, and specialize in Wind based abilities."
Strength:
?Portrayed as a young woman holding up a terrifying beast (more often a lion), the Strength Arcana symbolizes an imagery beyond the Beast And Beauty, and is associated with the morality about the stronger power of self-control, gentleness, courage and virtue over brute force. In tarot readings, it can also represent creative or physical energy that needs to be or is about to be unleashed, sometimes out of desire to be recognized. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Strength Arcana are commonly Personas excelling in Physical attributes.?
The Hanged Man:
"Portrayed as a man hanging up-side-down from one leg, with his other leg crosses it forming a '4'; the Hanged Man Arcana is associated with self-sacrifice for the sake of enlightenment, the bindings that makes one free, paradoxes and hanging between heaven and earth. Hanged Man characters may be self-sacrificial, but are more often notable for being caught between two different extremes or parties. Gameplay-wise, the Persona of the Hanged man Arcana are commonly Personas excelling in survivability."
Death:
"While it is associated with foreboding and of doom, Death Arcana also symbolizes the metamorphosis and deep change, regeneration and cycles. The Personas of the Death Arcana are commonly associated with and excel in Dark-based affinities, but weak towards Light-based affinities."
Temperance:
"Portrayed as a woman with angel wings mixing up the water of two cups, one blue, the other red, the Temperance Arcana is a symbol of synthesis, prudence, harmony, and the merging of opposites. Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Temperance Arcana are often well-rounded Personas."
The Devil:
"Portrayed as a hermaphrodite devil over two naked and chained figures, the negative aspect of the Devil Arcana represents the urge to do selfish, impulsive, violent things and be slave to ones' own impulse and feelings. Occasionally, it is also portrayed as a symbol of temptation. The positive aspect, however, represents a healthy bond or commitment. Gameplay-wise, the Persona of the Devil Arcana are commonly Persona excelling in dark-based affinities."
The Tower:
"Portrayed as a tower stricken by lightning, from which two small figures fall down; a straight Tower of Babel allegory about pride preceding the fall. The Tower Arcana is commonly associated to overly arrogant, prejudiced and authoritarian organization, which walk to their own ironic demise. Furthermore, it is also more generically used as an omen of doom and disaster. Gameplay-wise, player characters usually have bad affinities with the often physical-based Persona of the Tower Arcana."
The Star
"The Star Arcana is also commonly associated hope, self-confidence, faith, altruism, luck, generosity, peace and joy. In gameplay, the Personas of the Star Arcana commonly excel in ice-element attacks, but are vulnerable to fire-based attacks."
Moon
"Portrayed as two dogs howling at the Moon, around a pool with a lobster in it, with two towers in the background, the Moon Arcana is associated with creativity, inspiration, dreams, madness, illusions, fear, fantasy, the subconscious and trickery. In tarot readings, it can also represent being attuned subconsciously to the world around, gaining the ability to sense things without being told about them or without anyone else knowing (which means that some identify this Arcana with psychic energy). Gameplay-wise, the Personas of the Moon Arcana tend to align towards Physical Skills, while having average Magic stats."
The Sun:
"Portrayed as two children holding hands under a blazing sun, The Sun symbolizes happiness, joy, energy, optimism, and accomplishment. Occasionally, it is also associated with one's initial happiness. Gameplay-wise, the Persona of the Sun Arcana are commonly Persona excelling in Light and Fire-based attacks."
Judgement:
"In gameplay, the Judgement Arcana is commonly associated with a balance of Light and Darkness. The Judgement Arcana also symbolizes a person's awareness of himself, and others" Edited to remove spoilers
Aeon:
"Unlike the other Social Link arcanum, the Aeon Arcana is not a part of standard Tarot decks. It replaces the Judgement Arcana in Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot. The aeon arcana social link revolves around helping a major character to understand the concept of life, and their confused feelings."
The World:
"The World Arcana is a powerful arcana in the Persona series. It often appears as the final triumph arcana, creating miracles and aiding the protagonists. Portrayed as a young woman (or hermaphrodite, depending on deck) surrounded by figures of an angel, a bull, an eagle, and a lion (representations of the four elements in transcendent form, as well as the symbols of the four Evangelists Luke, Matthew, John, and Mark respectively), The World Arcana is a representation of the world's totality, the symbol of fulfillment, wholeness, and harmony. The World Arcana is commonly associated with Social Links, where its power is based upon the protagonist's bonds with others."

I'd probably be the justice myself; I found that I was identifying with Chihiro quite a lot during her social link.
Also, sorry if there are any wierd characters in the OP, for some reason it glitched when I copied it from word.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I'd probably end up falling into Hanged Man or Star, though gameplay-wise I'd want to be Tower or Moon. They get the coolest personas.

Ranylyn

Nov 5, 2010
I can't be restrained to one Arcana. I'm just too multifaceted for that. Honestly, I'm amazed the casts of the Persona games CAN be restricted to one Arcana like that....

I'd argue I'm the:

- Emperor (I have to be in control of many situations. I'm not the kind to follow, I stand up and take charge when leadership is needed,)
- Heirophant (As a full-time uncle, babysitter, and tutor, I strive to be a good role model and be a stickler for the rules,)
- Lovers (my life has been nothing BUT crossroads, and by the more modern use I'm kind of a sappy romantic,)
- Justice (I've been called heartless for using my reasoning and logic even when others were emotionally unstable,)
- Hermit (I do a lot of solitary philosiphising,)
- Fortune (my luck is notoriously bad. if I didn't take things as they came and struggle to carve my own place in the world, I'd be dead,)
- Strength (Between strength and chariot, chariot is more brute force and berserker rage while strength is more calculated applications of force. I have mastered deliberately enraging myself to reap the benefits of adrenaline while still maintaining complete logical control. I even apply this for practical applications like moving heavy furniture.)
- Moon (I'm a writer. Escapism into fantasy, losing myself in illusions... Enough said.)

... If we go with Edogawa's description of how the Arcana represent one's journey through life, I'm literally up through his descriptions of the stages until about the Star.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Ranylyn said:
I can't be restrained to one Arcana. I'm just too multifaceted for that. Honestly, I'm amazed the casts of the Persona games CAN be restricted to one Arcana like that....
It helps that due to the sheer number of Social Links, the characters don't get that well fleshed out (the social links inside SEES being an obvious exception). Thats not to say that they aren't all really nice characters, and charming, and funny (The devil social link had me laughing a lot with his threats). This ends up meaning that they do end up kinda only having one arcana personality.

felbot

May 11, 2011
i have actually been told by a friend that im way too much like a father, so i guess i would be the emperor.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I would likely be none of the above, but instead, probably Lust, which has so far only shown up in 4's Vita port.
But if it had to be from the above, most likely Devil.
Though Death has my favourite Personas.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Either Justice or the World.

That's what it said once in a quiz. :D

I would choose justice since it is light based.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
Yeah i've taken a quiz and my top three are death, the priestess, and the tower.

Makes alot of sense to me actually although i feel alot like a moon or hermit too o.o
Honestly i think everyone can relate to all arcanas in one way or another though, which is probably the point!

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
The Moon arcana. I'm creative, have a wierd ass subconscious, my flaws can be construed as mild madness, and I am in tune with my surroundings and self.

Oh, yeah, and I WILL cry many manly tears when *SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS!!!!!!*.

That is all.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Moon I guess. Never played Personna though ._.

[small]Please don't hit me[/small]

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Oh joy, a Persona question! :D

I see myself as either the Magician or Hierophant arcana.

And let's just throw in the World arcana for good measure. ;)

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
ruedyn said:
Moon I guess. Never played Personna though ._.

[small]Please don't hit me[/small]

There's the door. Now get out.

OT: Persona 3 is on PS2, PS3, PSP, AND VITA. There's no excuse for not playing it by now. :)