Which video game franchise do you think has the least pleasant fanbase?

StarCecil

Feb 28, 2010
I have to say all BioWare games.

CoD has the stereotype of being screaming twelve year olds, but if we think about it the CoD fanbase spans all demographics at this point (my right-wing, fundamentalist Christian uncle plays CoD, for crying out loud).

The BioWare fanbase, however, is simply... virulent. I've never felt so welcome yet so antagonized all at once.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
hotsauceman said:
Wow Raiders, The most elitist nutjobs ever, And only because they want Shinies and nothing more.
Im going to say wow in general. Simply because they are the most popular they have the greatest amount of trolls.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Anyone that seriously uses the term "Master Race" when referring to PC gamers, regardless of the game.

I mean, really? REALLY? You're proud of that stupid, stupid title? You do know where the satire in that name lies, right? RIGHT?? Oh, you don't? Well, fuck. Look that shit up on Wikipedia AND STOP USING IT PROUDLY.

caladors

Mar 17, 2011
I don't think there is anyone singular fan base that is horrid just listen to any console war disscussion for that, for the majority of games they're on both systems or the pc purists vs the console 'softcores' it makes your love of people vanish.

It is always segments of a community, however each game has a responceability to police it and thus I have to say (this maybe because I haven't played Battlefield) mondern warfare.
My brother got black ops and I am not good at shooters but am very competive so I kept playing so I could get good, now I expected the various noob bashing comments to hit hard but apperent I am not that bad or they weren't that down on the newbie.

What made me sick to my soul is the various disgustingly racist comments I heard on there, I am not exactly polticially correct, I say black and white and I get my asians mixed up so understand that this was beyond anything I heard and I lived in outback, outback with some people with some vicious drinking poblems.
Just stuff that jokes, oh and the homophobic anti-gay comments were beyond belife as well.
Now it's not just that but the number of profile pictures that are dicks, ass or viginas or something vulgar was stupid.
The reason it goes to them is because of there policing of this problem. Not once a have I ever heard of a banning or any responce appropate to these peoples actions. You know why skinheads are skinheads and not metal fans? because metal fans said no we like screamo music not rampant racism.

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
Hoo boy. Like many have said before, there is no such thing as a pleasent fanbase, but I still say Final Fantasy. I'm a fan, and I still say it's the nastiest.

Heading into a Final Fantasy forum is the internet equivalent of parachuting into an alligator pit.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Its definitely not Halo or Call of Duty, for every ass hat and ten year old there are ten who are just regular people just trying to have fun. I've never really ran into a whole community and just thought "wow these guys are total assholes". I guess I'm lucky that way. Though PC purists tend to be quite the annoying lot, but I hardly run across them.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Fans of Call of duty (Especially the modern warfare ones) they win that title hands down, and yeah everyone knows why!

Aug 20, 2011
Halo even though I myself love those games, and there is apparently a very creative, passionate community, the only people I seem to get matched up against online are foul-mouthed children.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
CleverCover said:
mega48man said:
CleverCover said:
mega48man said:
snip
snip
so much snips.

i agree with you entirely, every thing has it's lunatic fans, even coffee, and i am a fan of coffee (i'm sippin the pumpkin coffee right now, delish)

but the big difference is fans on the internet and fans IRL, which you pointed out, and that's when we get the most annoyed. they really need to keep to their fanfic forums.

maybe we should start a local militia armed with tazers to keep the otaku populus in check? diehard fan wants to tell some poor old woman about the dinobots origins on cybertron, BAM, get back in line.

May 28, 2009
Weirdly DCUO, at least eh people who actually bought the game. Some of em are pretty mean towards F2P players.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Call Of duty
60% of it,s fan base consist of 12yo,s that repeat the word "******" like a homophobic machine gun.
30% are paranoid peopel that think that starting a war in the middle east is goin g to do something about terrorism
5% are frat boys
the remaining 5% are normal people.

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
Final Fantasy. On these very forums, I've been flamed for saying things like "VII onwards have more complex stories, the earlier games are more for gamers looking for a mechanical challenge" because that's apparently declaring my undying love for the "worthless" or "terrible" FFVII. Between people flaming the different games and characters and other parts of the fanbase...ugh. Why can't we all just accept different people like different parts of the franchise?

Excpet Vaan. Nobody likes Vaan.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I'd say Call of Duty takes a slight edge over Valve. But they are both just awful