WHIPCRACK! Castlevania - Harmony of Despair (XBLA) Review

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Souplex said:
The Austin said:
King of the Sandbox said:
The Austin said:
Dude, that review was fucking amazing.
I was on the fence, but now I'm buying it FOR SURE. TOMORROW.

Ya know, we still haven't played any Red Dead Redemption, perhaps we could play a game of HoD instead? :D

Also, I'm a bit sketchy on which character I should pick. Does that one dude really use guns? If so, I think I'll chose him, although I'm still not sure.
Thank you, my good man. It is much appreciated.

And yeah, for just 15$, it's totally worth it. I wish there were more games of this caliber for download. My second hard drive would be full in no time!

And yea, I've seen Soma use guns, RPG's and such, but I've also seen him use an axe, I think. He's pretty cool, and if a Belmont's not the 6th character, I'm using him next. ^_^
Well, seeing as I usually play Archer, Soma will be a good choice for me.
Thanks for the info.

(And, BTW, what I really liked about the review was the unique format. Excellent humor, great pictures. Keep it up!)
Every character has equipment. Soma is the only one who could equip guns in his game, but they were absolutely awful. Just like his game.
Well I hope they don't suck in this game, otherwise I'm going to be out one character.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Holy wall of text, batman!

To be honest, I didn't read it all.

The bit I did read was a job at lady gaga, I was just wondering why? I have seen two interviews with her and she seems like a lovely person, very placid!

Her music has done you no harm, it's made by some tool behind a desk ... a job any monkey could do but so is every dance, hip hop, RNB electric, techno, pop track ever made and you don't hate all them artists.

Her clothing is outrageous but so is the guy who got tattooed like a leopard and a woman who got tattooed into a tiger, with plastic surgery to make her mouth like a tiger and whisker implants, I am sure you don't hate them.

To hate her 'cos she is famous is stupid. I can kind of understand over exposed or focused too much on in the media but I haven't heard much of her in months, except her new song is constantly played.

So why the hate? Please don't say it's her nose.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
omega 616 said:
Holy wall of text, batman!

To be honest, I didn't read it all.

The bit I did read was a job at lady gaga, I was just wondering why? I have seen two interviews with her and she seems like a lovely person, very placid!

Her music has done you no harm, it's made by some tool behind a desk ... a job any monkey could do but so is every dance, hip hop, RNB electric, techno, pop track ever made and you don't hate all them artists.

Her clothing is outrageous but so is the guy who got tattooed like a leopard and a woman who got tattooed into a tiger, with plastic surgery to make her mouth like a tiger and whisker implants, I am sure you don't hate them.

To hate her 'cos she is famous is stupid. I can kind of understand over exposed or focused too much on in the media but I haven't heard much of her in months, except her new song is constantly played.

So why the hate? Please don't say it's her nose.
Oh, no. Her nose is fine. I do it mostly to rile up Lady Gaga fans. I actually have Paparazzi playing on repeat in my head constantly. I figure it's the only way to get revenge.

But that's neither here nor there, how'd you like the review?

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Because of one thing in this review I shall go get a points card and download this game in honor of you, King of the Sandbox (or should I just call you Mr. Box?). What is that one thing?

The hatred of Lady Gaga pleases me.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
A well written review. I myself only started playing Castlevania very reccently, starting with one of the probably less liked titles: the fighting game on the Wii.
I mostly played Shanoa so far and i must say that i like her fighting style. Next on will probably try Soma or Jonathan, but first i have to beat that darned 3th form of Dracula.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
lapan said:
A well written review. I myself only started playing Castlevania very reccently, starting with one of the probably less liked titles: the fighting game on the Wii.
I mostly played Shanoa so far and i must say that i like her fighting style. Next on will probably try Soma or Jonathan, but first i have to beat that darned 3th form of Dracula.
Drac's not all that tough once you get his attacks down. Honestly, Death is harder than ol' Fang Face, imo.

But thanks for the compliment and thanks for reading! ^_^

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
JonnoStrife said:
My word. I fucking love this guy.
Thanks. ^_^

Spread the word, and also, pick me up some <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.224482-Im-Not-Even-Supposed-to-Be-Here-Today-A-Clerks-Alternate-Ending-Review#7619465>crab legs.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
By now i beat Dracula in Hardmode many times and started playing Jonathan and still cant get enough of this game. I must say that it's a bit short though, i would enjoy some more new charpters.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I remember a few times when i was Xbox Live recently, you were playing Castlevania and i was wondering what the heck it was. Thanks for informing me! It look's decent enough but 2D platformers bore me quite easily now so i'm not sure if i should buy it or not since i'd rather save up for something else...