White Cop murders Black Person in their own home...AGAIN!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
https://www.keranews.org/post/fort-worth-police-officer-fatally-shoots-woman-inside-her-home

Lets see if the sexes being switched changes the outcome of this one.

Unlike last time though, this was not a case of 'I am so stupid I cant find my own home' and more a case of 'Lets shoot first and ask questions later'

The US Police continue to remain the most dangerous criminal gang in the country, especially for non-white people.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Saelune said:
The US Police continue to remain the most dangerous criminal gang in the country, especially for non-white people.
Dunno about that, border security could challenge them for that title, not to mention the inhabitants of the White House.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Saelune said:
Lets see if the sexes being switched changes the outcome of this one.

Unlike last time though, this was not a case of 'I am so stupid I cant find my own home' and more a case of 'Lets shoot first and ask questions later'
So the sexes being switched is not the only difference. Kind of an important thing to take into account. Here's hoping we get bodycam footage from inside the house.

EDIT: Disregard that, video didn't show up. Thaaaaaat's not the best shoot, but I anticipate it'll be the usual "followed procedure, no wrongdoing", because changing training and procedure is heresy. All this on a damn Wellness Check.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Police Officer, Joseph Shinners killed on January 5th, 2019. Cause was gunfire.

Police Officer, Dale Woods killed on January 7th, 2019. Cause was being struck by a vehicle.

Police Officer, Clayton Townsen, killed on January 8th, 2019. Cause was being struck by a vehicle.

Police Officer, Natalie Corona killed on January 10th, 2019. Cause was gunfire.

Police Officer, Christopher Lambert, killed on January 12th, 2019. Cause was vehicular assault.

Police Officer, Wytasha Carter, killed on January 13th, 2019. Cause was gunfire.

And on and on and on it goes.

Looking at the Washington Post's database of the number of people killed BY police officers, white people are always double that of black people and are always the majority.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Specter Von Baren said:
Looking at the Washington Post's database of the number of people killed BY police officers, white people are always double that of black people and are always the majority.
White people are always rather more than double the general population of the US.

And, yes, police officers do get shot. But not usually by unarmed people who aren't shooting at them.

Is it ok to shoot random police officers because some police kill unarmed people?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Specter Von Baren said:
Uhrm... that would mean black people are victims at a much higher rate, you realise, given US demography.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Specter Von Baren said:

Police Officer, Dale Woods killed on January 7th, 2019. Cause was being struck by a vehicle.

Police Officer, Clayton Townsen, killed on January 8th, 2019. Cause was being struck by a vehicle.

Police Officer, Christopher Lambert, killed on January 12th, 2019. Cause was vehicular assault.

Police Officer, Wytasha Carter, killed on January 13th, 2019. Cause was gunfire.

Cops are SUPPOSED to be heroes, and thus in dangerous situations far more than any regular person. No one should be murdered by a cop for living in their own home.

What is your intent here? To justify this innocent person's murder by cop? 0 should be the number of innocent people killed in their own home by cops, and yet we are at 2 in under a year...that we know of.

As others have pointed out, the ratio of white to black people is not 2:1. Plus how many of them were just minding their own business in their house? How many were just pulled over in an otherwise normal traffic stop? There is so much context you are glossing over.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Specter Von Baren said:

Considering that black people only make up like 15% of the population, that number should be even more skewed in-favor of white people being killed by cops. Assuming things were equal, which they aren't.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
There is no justification for a wellness check turning into a homicide of the person the wellness was supposed to be checked upon.

The statistics provided by Specter Von Baren though highlight why this event came to pass. Police officers are paranoid, but they have cause to be. I am not certain what the exact rate of police fatalities in the line of duty in the US is compared to other nations but I get a sneaking suspicion it's higher than other developed nations.

This is a combination of factors, it's a gun control issue, a lack of police training funding issue, a lack of internal investigations transparency issue, and a racial bias issue. The first three can be solved with legislation, the last one can be solved over generational changes in society. There is no quick fix to this and it will keep happening so long as the status quo remains. It requires effort in all 3 aspects to be resolved.

CheetoDust_v1legacy

Jun 10, 2017
Smithnikov said:
And you Euros wonder why some of us Yanks do NOT trust cops and want to keep firearms for our own protection...
... So a cop can shout "he's got a gun!" In order to get away with killing you guys?

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Smithnikov said:
And you Euros wonder why some of us Yanks do NOT trust cops and want to keep firearms for our own protection...
This attitude contributes to the perpetually accelerating cycle of violence in the US.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
CheetoDust said:
Smithnikov said:
... So a cop can shout "he's got a gun!" In order to get away with killing you guys?
Funny you should say that as both the police and some stories reporting on this have constantly brought up that "a firearm was found inside the home". A gun was found in a Texas home huh? Very relevant information. I personally can't wait for that information to evolve into "a firearm was found in the woman's hand".

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Smithnikov said:
What good would the gun have possibly done in this situation? Fuck all.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Abomination said:
The statistics provided by Specter Von Baren though highlight why this event came to pass. Police officers are paranoid, but they have cause to be. I am not certain what the exact rate of police fatalities in the line of duty in the US is compared to other nations but I get a sneaking suspicion it's higher than other developed nations.
A few police shootings back, someone posted stats on this. For most branches it's not actually a high risk occupation. I think highway patrol and state troopers are, but normal police are fairly safe.

Though, giving access to guns to everyone sorta means that the US police are going to get shot more than other countries, of course.

Silvanus said:
Smithnikov said:
The police officer sounds better when inevitably claiming they felt their life was in danger, just before the victim using drugs once 4 years ago comes up.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
From what I read, someone just called on a wellness check cause her front door was open to let in some fresh air and this cop shot this lady who was playing videogames with her 8 year old nephew from outside her window, for some reason. I expect him to do a whole lot more than 10 years if convicted cause that's ridonculous.

Sep 24, 2008
Silvanus said:
Smithnikov said:
That isn't the way to look at it.

What he is saying that a good deal of us would rather have a gun and take our chances on a semi level playing field (criminals don't have any more training than regular citizens) than have the "trained professional" cops in the mix to kill us with impunity.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
ObsidianJones said:
That isn't the way to look at it.

What he is saying that a good deal of us would rather have a gun and take our chances on a semi level playing field (criminals don't have any more training than regular citizens)
That's nowhere approaching a level playing field. If two people have guns, the one who has the element of surprise has an immense advantage-- so, the one who intends to attack. It's a far more level playing field if neither have guns than if both do.

than have the "trained professional" cops in the mix to kill us with impunity.
There's another way to deal with that, of course.

Sep 24, 2008
Silvanus said:
That's nowhere approaching a level playing field. If two people have guns, the one who has the element of surprise has an immense advantage-- so, the one who intends to attack. It's a far more level playing field if neither have guns than if both do.

than have the "trained professional" cops in the mix to kill us with impunity.
There's another way to deal with that, of course.
The term "Home-Field Advantage" is a term for a reason.

Element of Surprise is always countered with the Element of Knowledge. The deciding factor between the two is luck.

Element of Surprise. The situation is the same. A robber is outside the window and fires inward. Luck now comes into play. Does the Robber hit or does he not. If not, Element of Surprise is over. Now we shift to the Element of Knowledge. Home Field Advantage.

You know the lay out of the home, you know how to get to your weapon, you know how to barricade yourself inside. Luck comes into play again. Can you get to your fire arm? If yes, then the ball is definitely in your court. Luck still comes into play with your choices (Attack or Defend), but you still have the element of knowledge while the element of surprise has left.