White Trash and Dinosaurs

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
White Trash and Dinosaurs

Break out the comfort food, this one's a tear-jerker.

Read Full Article

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
Damn you Chris for reminding me we don't have cartoons about vigilantes dishing out justice almost solely from fighter jets!

It kinda makes Batman look less badass when he doesn't solve every Killer-Croc or Bane crime by launching a bunch of missles.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Why does Chris always get to go first in these things?
Make it winner (or loser, your choice) that goes first.

Poor Kyle!
Dan can be last of course...

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Referencing "The Stand." Classy.

I'll leave you to decide whether I'm being sarcastic or not. Have fun with that.

Also, you keep saying "Frozen baby death." In all the versions of it I've seen, the ending credits just roll over a shot of the Sinclair's home being slowly buried in snow with hopeless music playing, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Swat Kats S1 intro = best cartoon theme song of the '90s...except perhaps Batman TAS, but it's fucking Batman.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:

Poor Kyle!
Aww, no love for Dan?

LG Jargon

Feb 9, 2012
Both Dan and Kyle made good points. Never saw the ending to either Rosanne or Dinosaurs, myself; just noticed when they were gone....I mean, cancelled/off-the-air.

As for Chris and DBZ, it wasn't really depressing more than...how to put it...eye-rolling, if that makes sense. Gohan was well into his teens and was a more than capable student. Chi-Chi has already gone through Goku dying (Raditz...well, really, it was Piccolo), coming back to life, leaving for Namek, being lost in space, nearly dying from heart disease, then dying again (Cell) and staying dead for years (before Goten is born, mind you), and coming back again, then she can handle him leaving for a while longer to train the (good) reincarnation of Kid Buu. Besides, you know he'll come back to her; he always has. It's just a matter of when.

P.S. Swat Kats was my favorite show as a kid...and for good reason: It. Kicked. ASS.

EDIT
deth2munkies said:
Swat Kats S1 intro = best cartoon theme song of the '90s...except perhaps Batman TAS, but it's fucking Batman.

Hold on there. I clicked on it and it says, "Embedding disabled by request. Watch on YouTube".

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
I have to disagree with Dan's closing comment, and hence his victory. Frozen baby death isn't depressing.

I. Fucking. Hated. That. Goddamned. Baby.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I say screw Roseanne and Dinosaurs. I want to see a full episode of you guys just talking about SwatKats and DBZ. It doesn't even have to have a theme, or a challenge. Just a weird podcast thing. Reminiscing about stuff you hated and liked, and maybe other awesome cartoons you want back.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Firefilm said:
Kenjitsuka said:

Poor Kyle!
Aww, no love for Dan?
Dan, my man! My sincerest apologies!
But since you're traditionally the judge, you always neatly wrap the written things up in a nice bow with your talk about how the points where awarded. I think that's a great way to end.
So that's how I got to that order.

When Dan is debating he should appear first or second, depending on if he won.
(Surely he did, cause yay Dan!!! :) )