Who are the best video game voice actors/actresses?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Title pretty much says it all. Who do you think has the best/most memorable voices for when you played a video game? For me, it has to be a combination of Tony Jaa, and Simon Templeman.

skip to 3:18

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I've always liked Steve Blum, even though the guy has like no vocal range whatsoever.

His IMDB listings just go on, and on, and on, and on, and on.....

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I can't recall the names, but I LOVED Steinman and Andrew Ryan from Bioshock. Amazing performances.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
You don't have to like Red Dead Redemption to know it has good voice acting.

John Marston is one of the coolest characters from any game to date and his voice actor just adds to the bad-ass-ness of the roll.

Rob Wiethoff did a perfect job.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Tuesday Night Fever said:
I've always liked Steve Blum, even though the guy has like no vocal range whatsoever.

His IMDB listings just go on, and on, and on, and on, and on.....
Ahem. No vocal range?

Yeah..... he admits that he uses the one voice too much, but the guy's range is immense.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Yeah..... he admits that he uses the one voice too much, but the guy's range is immense.
There have been times where I've been legitimately surprised by him, but they're definitely a minority of the times I've heard him.

The vast majority of his characters just sound like minor variations of his Spike Speigel voice. Or like in Dead Island's case... Spike Speigel using a really bad fake accent.

I legitimately do like the guy's over-used Spike voice though, so it's all good. It just gets a bit grating when he uses it multiple times in the same game (like in Mass Effect 2 with the characters Wilson and Matthews, although Grunt was at least different sounding).

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I really enjoyed the voice actor for Kain Highwind, Liam O'Brien, in the recent FF games where he is voiced.

It could be that I am biased to all things dragoon, but I'd say it's the other way around and I have higher expectations for it.

He was also the voice of Grimoire Weis from Nier and Angsty McAngst from Darksiders, and a bunhch of anime and other stuff that I'm not familiar with.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Tuesday Night Fever said:
Soviet Heavy said:
There have been times where I've been legitimately surprised by him, but they're definitely a minority of the times I've heard him.

The vast majority of his characters just sound like minor variations of his Spike Speigel voice. Or like in Dead Island's case... Spike Speigel using a really bad fake accent.

I legitimately do like the guy's over-used Spike voice though, so it's all good. It just gets a bit grating when he uses it multiple times in the same game (like in Mass Effect 2 with the characters Wilson and Matthews, although Grunt was at least different sounding).
Check out this site. Particularly the demo reels. Hilarious stuff from Blum.
http://www.steveblumvoices.com/

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
>CTRL+F of the first 15 posts
>Nolan North, 1 post
>Steve Blum, 3 posts
>Tara Strong, 0 posts
Well, you guys seem to have this down pretty well. I'll leave you to continue discussion on your own.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Always had a soft spot for James Arnold Taylor, who voiced Cloud and Ratchet. Still find the performance incredible of Gary Schwartz (Heavy & Demoman) in Team Fortress 2.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Some excellent names mentioned above, I just wanted to add a +1 for Jennifer Hale.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Jennifer Hale is an amazing voice actor and one of my favourites.
This. All other answers are rendered moot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-_xA_2SEE