Who Are Your Favourite Underrated YouTubers?

Warlock41

Jul 12, 2013
Hi guys,

I've been lurking here for a while now and thought I'd best start up a discussion! (Bored haha!)

Just wanted to know who your favourite underrated YouTubers are. By that I mean the little guys with only a few hundred or say 2000 subs who haven't been lucky enough to "make it" yet.

I really like these three guys:

JimPlaysGames

Retro games and he's also developing his own which he gives away for free!

Samurai Rabbit

Variety of news and reviews etc. Started interviewing now too!

FedoraG4mer

Indie channel, mainly focusing on Kickstarters and Indiegogo campaigns.

So who do you guys like? Anybody interesting that could do with more exposure?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Cry Plays: Insert Game Here

He's freaking great. He plays a load of horror-y indie stuff, he did do Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us recently but he's doing Rule of Rose now. He plays all this stuff I have never even heard of.

His editing and stuff is the highest quality I have ever seen. Just the amount of effort he puts into every video is huge, they all have unique intros and outros, he speeds up any boring corridor walking and adds text every now and then.

Like when he's looking for stuff in Last of Us and he misses a blindingly obvious drawer he writes "open me" over it for a split second.

He suits all the RPGmaker horror stuff like The Witch's House or Mad Father. I think his Corpse Party LP was my favourite, then again it might be just because I had never seen it before and it's a really good story.

The ending man... A simple mobile phone alert has never been so emotional...

It starts off slow but it gets interesting pretty fast after the intro.

Warlock41

Jul 12, 2013
The Wykydtron said:
Cry Plays: Insert Game Here

He's freaking great. He plays a load of horror-y indie stuff, he did do Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us recently but he's doing Rule of Rose now. He plays all this stuff I have never even heard of.

His editing and stuff is the highest quality I have ever seen. Just the amount of effort he puts into every video is huge, they all have unique intros and outros, he speeds up any boring corridor walking and adds text every now and then.

Like when he's looking for stuff in Last of Us and he misses a blindingly obvious drawer he writes "open me" over it for a split second.

He suits all the RPGmaker horror stuff like The Witch's House or Mad Father. I think his Corpse Party LP was my favourite, then again it might be just because I had never seen it before and it's a really good story.

The ending man... A simple mobile phone alert has never been so emotional...

It starts off slow but it gets interesting pretty fast after the intro.

That's an fun video, and he seems pretty good but he's got 0.75 million subscribers, so I'd hardy call him underrated! XD Anybody you know who's got a few hundred who should really have more?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I really like Rose or "savescreen"
https://www.youtube.com/user/Roselivecake
she doesn't upload that much though.

I also like bustedwitch
https://www.youtube.com/user/bustedwitch

Also, if anyone wants to check out my channel you can follow the link in my profile.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I don't scour the depths of Youtube all that often.

To give you the frame of reference, it's only the last month or so that I found out the Yogscast was a thing that exists, and they've got over 5 million subscribers.

So I'm going to openly defy your stipulation on what qualifies someone as "underrated" and say; Our very own Yahtzee Croshaw! He does Let's Plays of, most often, old adventure games with his friend Gabriel, and they're really quite amusing.

Also Chip & Ironicus, who have a little over 10k subscribers, so I think they count.

I was actually introduced to them thanks to an Extra Punctuation Yahtzee wrote a while back.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
The Tek Syndicate: http://www.youtube.com/user/razethew0rld

They are PC gamers, but they are focused more on the world of technology and philosophy and politics behind it. So you can hear a lot about privacy issues in the world today and what certain technologies will be able to do in the future. Educational and fun stuff. Also they offer a lot of cool hardware advice. They are really smart guys. Analytical, but also funny.

Considering how educated and well informed they are and what they discuss, they should have hundreds of thousands of subscribers IMO.

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
I haven't seen anyone bring him up, and he isn't exactly front page, so I nominate chuggaaconroy, http://m.youtube.com/#/user/chuggaaconroy?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fchuggaaconroy
He does some great editing, especially on his Pokemon playthroughs, and I really enjoy his commentary.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Csandeas, he had a few hits with the top 50 Pokemon first world problems, however most of his videos are motivational subjects for nerds, or talking about gaming or nerdy subjects. He is a pretty great guy, he has live streams where he can talk to anyone interested in doing so. I would say he's still small time getting about 2000-5000 views on each video, but since he actually communicates with his fans, I hope he won't get too big.

He huge into Pokemon so he was pretty excited about X and Y being announced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMKbht7KPg

He's just a genuine guy all around.

Warlock41

Jul 12, 2013
Hero of Lime said:
Csandeas, he had a few hits with the top 50 Pokemon first world problems, however most of his videos are motivational subjects for nerds, or talking about gaming or nerdy subjects. He is a pretty great guy, he has live streams where he can talk to anyone interested in doing so. I would say he's still small time getting about 2000-5000 views on each video, but since he actually communicates with his fans, I hope he won't get too big.

He huge into Pokemon so he was pretty excited about X and Y being announced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMKbht7KPg

He's just a genuine guy all around.
Yeah that's what I like about smaller channels, they are a bit more personable with their viewers. It's understandable though as if you've got 5 million subs quite a few comments may get lost!

Samurai Rabbit, JPG and FedoraG4mer seem to respond to every single comment which is great, but I suppose as YouTubers get bigger they lose some of that contact with their fans.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
This is a good chance for me to bring some attention to RageSelect. They were part of a larger website but had to get cut off because the website needed to make financial adjustments. So they had to start again pretty much from scratch.
(can't use any original content created with former employers)

They upload every day and it's freaking hilarious.

And they're going to start doing puppet shows because that's how fun they are.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
The only ones I bother following are Angry Joe, Big Steve from England and Epic Rap Battles of History. None of them are underrated, but Big Steve is a bit more obscure than the others.
He's a huge, muscular black man travelling around in Sweden doing some sort of mockumentery. It's often fun to see, though it's starting to get a bit annoying that he still can't pronounce a single word in Swedish after living here for ~2 years. It's probably for the sake of comedy, but Swedish humor isn't big on mispronounciations as far as I know.

Anyways, he's pretty fun to watch. Just don't believe his videos about Swedish society too much. ;P

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I watch one small LP'er called lplandofazul because she is pretty much the only person on youtube who LP's the more obscure SMT games. She played Nocturne without having any idea what it was about beyond a vague idea that it was hard. It was quite interesting to see how she went from having no clue to being able to own everything. Now she's doing a Devil Summoner lets play which I'm keeping up with off and on, because Devil Summoner on Amazon is a total rip off. Sorry, not paying £60 for a used, ancient PS2 ARPG.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Not really sure what constitutes as underrated on YouTube, but among my favourite LP'ers are veriax (pretty wide selection), ReformistTM (Mount & Blade), GophersVids (Skyrim mostly) and PrinceofMacedon (Rome: Total War). I've just recently started watching damo2986 as well, who seems to be a great LP'er. I guess they would be considered 'underrated' in that you don't hear much about them when compared to the likes of PewDiePie and GameGramps and whoever else.

silentNate

Apr 1, 2013
Not sure Ashens counts as he has a fair few followers but round my way the guy is a legend...

You want to skip tp 4.30 for the full entertainment/horror!

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
I recommend 3killabytes. I never really understood why they weren't more popular. They have fairly high production values with a nice set, lighting, camera, effects, editing, etc. They have a nice community and often spend lots of time replying to people's comments, and they've actually had some pretty big names on the show for interviews and to just hang out, like David Hayter and Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen), Mark Meer (Commander Shepard). I don't always agree with their opinions but they're always funny and worth watching.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Nosirrah said:
I haven't seen anyone bring him up, and he isn't exactly front page, so I nominate chuggaaconroy, http://m.youtube.com/#/user/chuggaaconroy?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fchuggaaconroy
He does some great editing, especially on his Pokemon playthroughs, and I really enjoy his commentary.
He's good but he also has around 650,000 subscribers and his collab channel TheRunawayGuys has another 250,000 so he hardly qualifies as underrated

OT: SpoilerWarning

A collab Let's Play channel that features amongst others Escapist contributor Shamus Young.I like them because they manage a nice blend of intelligent discussion and silly humour.They really should have more than the 2,700 subs they currently have

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
I can't belive Ashens and and Chuggaconroy are listed. They're far from obscure.

Anyway, My additions are:

Ravensdive:

VAME88:

WolfCross

Jun 12, 2012
My two picks:
Geek Bombshells: big Maude Garrett fan, dunno what happened to Rae Johnston who co hosted though...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSKFuxhXiJjF49nwQGZuROQ

And this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDuRCGqDT-1ZdnKvq0ox_g

OurGloriousLeader

May 14, 2008
He has over 10k subs but his videos seem to get about 200-500 views only, so I think he qualifies - Zemalf! Wide range of games, from Warband to Dwarf Fortress to Dark Souls, and good commentary.

kklawm

Mar 2, 2011
It's not gaming based but it's something much much better. It's a damned shame Lindy Beige's channel doesn't get more views. He's an archaeologist who explains and dispels myths mainly around medieval warfare.

Channel here:
[link]http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?feature=mhee&s=auySUx0DyfeomfVWwrKaQl7FOUjfZL7mTjYjQF1Eug0[/link]