Who Can Beat Alex Mercer?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011

after 7 hours he'll try to consume himself

(i didnt read the other posts so dont get mad if its already posted)

Gill Kaiser

Sep 3, 2008
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
He's not invincible if you can keep him away from biomatter. Shoot him into the sun and he'll never reconstitute himself.

Lucifer Morningstar could mess up Alex Mercer. I mean, he's more powerful than Death of the Endless.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
This, But against Wolverine... what if he actually absorbs Wolvy's flesh faster than it grows back? That could be a bummer... he could also Envelope Wolverine... then things get bad.

Really, the dude survived a nuclear blast, eats people with his own flesh and drops off 50 story buildings through a rain of bullets unharmed... he will never STAY dead.

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
Honestly I played prototype, alec was kind of a chump. Sure the game was fun but I honestly think cole from infamous could probably kick his ass,and I havent even played infamous. Also realistically FULL METAL ALCHEMIST.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
andreas3K said:
The nanosuit guy from Crysis 2. He could do almost exactly what he did with the ceph, just a bit differently.
He gets a sample of the virus, perhaps by shooting Mercer and scooping up the biomass that splatters onto the street. The nanosuit would then absorb and analyze the virus and develop a cure. Then he lets Mercer consume him and the suit along with the cure, which kills the virus and Mercer from the inside.
I'm guessing that would work.
No, that was Nano-tech designed specifically for that situation against those aliens, not against the black-light virus that evolves at an insane rate, faster than the nano-suit will isolate it and be effective.

Also, how is he going to get near Alex without getting... you know... dead. Thermal vision +super evasive and offensive power, with nigh-on invulnerability, vs a guy in a fancy suit. Who can't scale a sky-scraper in two jumps.

Afraid not.

If this is a double post, I will cry inside.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Cole Mcgrath. He can't eat something that's literally made of electricity.

And maybe a sufficiently equipped Necron lord.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Drakmeire said:
Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/26/7357.SuperTengenToppaGurrenLagann.png
That thing it's standing on. THAT'S A GALAXY!
according to the creators, it is roughly 1 billion lightyears tall
good luck with that alex.
Yeah, a light years tall super robot might work.

Something more human sized? The residents of Nanoha-verse maybe? I'm willing to bet they can match and surpass the output of DBZ residents. Just waste whatever planet Mercer is on and be done with it.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Cole from inFamous just cause I remember that thread.

But more my pick, the persona users of the persona universe. especially if they can weild the ones like god or jesus, or even just any of the deaths.

Post Tenebrae Morte

Jun 6, 2011
Most final fantasy characters (They can summon black holes, meteors, etc), including the villains.

Kain and Razial from The Legacy of Kain (Kain can turn into mist for as long as he likes, has survived impalement and his heart ripped out, and he has The Soul Reaver. Razial just keeps coming back, since he can use a dead body as a conduit.)

A plethora of characters ever made essentially, you just have to really look.

~Efrit

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
The Tyranids, try to consume them and you'd end up part of the Hive Mind.

And if anything can kill Mercer it's the 41st Millennium.

merc-with-a-mouth

Dec 4, 2009
Alex's/Blacklight Virus has the power to absorbe any biological matter and convert it to his own biomass, unfortunately leaving all organic opponents almost useless due to his nature and his regeneration and adaprability.

However, the Blacklight wasnt always this powerful. So logically, any timetraveler (The Docotor, Hiro Nakamura) could easily go back in time to when Mercer was alive and the stop him for releasing the Blacklight, therefore stopping the Blackligt/Mercer organism from existing.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Fawkes, from Fallout 3. The guy can survive 4 Experimental Mirv blasts to the face, he can´t be lifted up, and he has a Gatling Laser. Alex, my friend: JUST... STAND... STILL!, and this will hurt a bit less.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Gary motherfucking Oak.

Ok here's a serious answer, Accelerator from To aru Majustu no Index.

Why well here's a list of what he's capable of hidden under a spoiler box.

Accelerator's ability creates a thin field of AIM around him, which allows him to modify the vector values of anything he touches.

Redirection: He can change the vector values of anything by touch; for example, he kills a Sister clone by reversing the flow of blood inside her body after putting his finger inside her wound. Furthermore, this ability is automatic, so projectiles like bullets or explosives have no effect on him, as they will be redirected. It is because of his ability that he has an albino appearance, as his body blocks all unnecessary ultraviolet radiation, thereby preventing the skin from manufacturing unnecessary melanin. Thus far, he has shown the following ways to use his powers:

1.Earth Stomp: Using the vectors behind his feet, he causes a little explosion made of earth and rocks to attack his opponents. In the beginning of the series this was his most common way to attack. He can Accelerator's vector manipulation has a variety of uses, including crushing the earth around him

also use this to propel himself forward, as seen in the Sisters Arc.

2.Vector Shooting: By touching an object, he can extend the influence of his ability to other objects in contact with it, such as seen during his fight with Kamijou Touma in the Sisters Arc. This way allows him to indirectly change the vectors and turn the objects into projectiles. He did this using metal construction pillars.

3.Wind Control: He can re-vector the surrounding winds and force them to congregate at a single point creating an extremely high velocity wind, but it had flaws like when the wind is moving in an abnormal direction or when his vector calculations are disturbed by sound as showed as with Kihara in the Volume 13.

4.Plasma Storm: He can even create plasma by further compressing the wind at high speeds in a single point.

5.Kinetic Blast: Shown in Volume 13, he takes control of the planet's rotational vectors and transfers an enormous amount of that energy into one attack. This attack used up so much of the planets rotational energy that it slowed down the the earth's rotation by about 5 minutes.

6.Brain Hacking: In accord to him by redirecting the electrical signals of the human body he can take 'control' over them and rewrite the memories and personality of the people as showed with Last Order in the Vol.5.

7.Flight: By controlling the wind around him he creates about 4 high-powered tornadoes behind him to allow him to fly. Showed in Vol.8 and 15.

9.Bullet Redirection: Shown in Volume 15 in his fight against Saraku. When his gun sight is thrown off in this fight, Accelerator simply pointed the gun at himself then fired, redirecting the bullet to hit his enemy, stating that his ability was far more precise than any gun sight.