Who did you most enjoy killing in a game?

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
The leader of the assassin guys in the Junk Yard in Dishonored. I had been up for way to long and couldn't figure out how to kill him so when i did it was super great.

jab136

Sep 21, 2012
Lucifiel said:
Ravinoff said:
Hm...definitely Kai Leng, in Mass Effect 3. I don't care how good your Shepard is, there are three Renegade interrupts you always take in Mass Effect: headbutting the Krogan who won't shut up on Tuchanka, putting a Carnifex round in that traitorous sonofabitch Udina (been wanting to do that since the first game), and snapping Kai Leng's stupid goddamn space katana before feeding him your omni-blade. Bonus points if Thane was alive on the Citadel to fight him.
Yes! So, very much YES for Kai Leng. I don't believe I ever wanted to kill a character as badly as Kai Leng and I always play a goodie two shoes. I am a goodie two shoes. But there is something about him that makes me throw his balls through a meat grinder. I cannot say for sure about the other two renegade interrupts but that one... YESSS

Ahem.. so yeah... to sum up, Kai Leng in Mass Effect 3.
Honestly, I play my characters as pretty much total goody two shoes, but I still take most of the renegade interrupts (I electrocute the technician fixing the gunship, shoot the tank below the krogan that won't shut up, the taunt for the sexist merc (femshep only), shooting the mech with garrus (honestly not sure why that is renegade), shooting the bodyguards in Garrus's loyalty mission, killing the mercs on Miranda's loyalty mission, headbutting the krogan, and that is it for ME2. As for ME3 I renegade interrupt kai leng, shoot Udina, punch Gerrel for almost killing me, and take most of the interrupts that concern dialogue, as well as the ones during the sparring with James, but I don't really consider those to be renegade interrupts.

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
Well, Handsome Jack was a satisfying kill, even if he was a little ***** the entire time and it felt a bit anti-climatic when you finally finished him. No one hurts my bird buddy! Also he is a smug annoying monster of a human being, but a lot of the satisfaction was for Bloodwing.

A few others jump to mind, though most didn't register as ones I enjoyed killing out of any sense of personal vendetta.

Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts though, that was a satisfying fight back in the day and was good to finish him off.

Michael Legault said:
altnameJag said:
Algus. That elitist, rat-bastardy, sociopathic, ass-kissing coward.
God yes, an FFT shout out! He is such a little bastard, his House deserves to be in the situation it is in.
Oh yeah! Forgot about that rat bastard. Made sure to take a good thief and knight with me in that fight. Broke all his stats down to 1, stole his every scrap of equipment even though I didn't need it, then slowly toyed with him for a while, healing him when needed. And the game even rewarded me for torturing his smug ass the whole time. Shame I had to knock Delta unconscious to do it, but I think he would have understood if he wasn't so blinded by his own rage.

ObserverStatus

Aug 27, 2014
Who do I enjoy killing most in a game? Any of Mass Effect 2's renegade interrupt system's victims, to be honest, some of those were hilarious.

"I've got nothing more to say to you. If you...." *crash* "Aaauuuuuugh!" *splat.*

Jan 27, 2011
Dragon Age Origins: Arl Howe and Loghain.

Ooohh....I was so pissed.

See, my hero was a City Elf Rogue. And the elves are basically former slaves who are still treated like shit. And he really wanted to change the world and he was going to do it by any means he could. When he realized that being a grey warden came with respect and power, he jumped on every opportunity he could, only turning down one major advantage because it felt like he would be creating slavery and just could not bring himself to do it (even getting snarky about it to Morrigan, who he was shacked up with).

And then, he encountered what was going in in the Alienage (the elf slum) while he was gone. People died. LOTS.

So when he had the chance to kill Howe...He let him have it.

And then after almost failing the landsmeet, and getting a chance to duel loghain, my first thought was "Alistar. PUT. ME. IN. I want a piece of this son of a *****." That little scene of the two circling one another was perfect.

And then as the battle began and Loghain started off with a battle cry, I took the opportunity to slap EVERY single poison type onto both of my swords (enchanted for paralysis, BTW), and then I went to work on him. He LITERALLY got 2 attacks in. I stunlocked him to death. XD

Finally, I turned my back on him and said "Alistar? He's all yours" and let him get his own revenge.

VERY satisfying.

-

Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)

The first time we killed him, me and my pals just ran around ignoring his whole hero rant while we argued over loot, then when he was done we tried to come up with a way for all 3 of us to kill him at the same time.

I wound up Lifting him (I was a Siren), and the sniper of our team was supposed to do a headshot...But he died the second I lifted him, which kinda ruined the moment. XD

So we made up for it by unloading a lot of ammo into his corpse just to make sure.

-

Lord Brevon from Freedom Planet

...You KNOW you want someone dead when it's 2 in the morning and you're going "I AM NOT GOING TO BED UNTIL I KILL THIS ASSHOLE!" even after you died about 40 times, because this was before they patched the difficulty and he was insanely hard on Normal mode with no discernible pattern to his attacks.

Seriously, I wanted that asshole DEAD. First because of some of the things he did in the story, and secondly because of how much of an ass he was in combat. AUGH.

Kyrian007 said:
in Bethesda games I call them "the natural" as in natural reactions and favored play style
That's something I really liked about Skyrim. I was really able to get into character both times I played, and last time, a character who scorned the concept of love entirely wound up in a Mod-made Quest that had her bring someone she had grown to like back from the edge of madness. Cue her walking into the Temple of Mara again, even after having stormed out months earlier. XD

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Kai Leng from Mass Effect 3. Not because he was a well-written antagonist, mind you. No, I was just relieved to get that poorly written Gary Stu that didn't fit into the game at all out of the way so that I wouldn't have to worry about having him show up and destroy more scenes with his obnoxious, immersion breaking presence.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Tarro fucking blood from swtors BH story he kills the decent guy whos helping you then taunts you the whole first chapter(30+ lvls) and keeps trying to kill you. so when I had the option to have him go into an unstable hyperspace jump were he would surly die in a cell painfully I took it. BTW I was light 4 when I did that.....

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Killing Caesar in fallout new vegas and then sitting on his throne. Bonus points if the courier your playing is a women.

ecoho said:
I agree. Denying Tarro blood a Honorable/warriors death by leaving him in that cell is quite satisfying.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Every bloody Feral Ghoul in FO4 I come across.
For some reason they spawn ridiculously often, and when they hit you they hit hard. If only I had more machine gun ammo to gett rid of them. >.>

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
That Australian antagonist from Far Cry 3. I managed to disarm him and put the knife to his throat and pause long enough to say "Now, mate, fuck off." before putting him down.

Immensely satisfying.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sansha said:
That Australian antagonist from Far Cry 3. I managed to disarm him and put the knife to his throat and pause long enough to say "Now, mate, fuck off." before putting him down.

Immensely satisfying.
I actually had odd an slightly erotic nightmares about him after i killed him. i assume that's jsut me, but he was a well built chappy with a gruff beard and that's not bad in my book.

Kailow Krow

Mar 24, 2011
As far as generic enemies, I enjoyed the Koreans from Crysis and Home Front a little too much.
Single character? Perhaps Pagan Min, or Vaas, very satisfying, and the various characters from assassin's creed, where you get to hear their last words is always strangely satisfying.

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
The most satisfying one of late, would have to be the Four Kings from the first Dark Souls. It was my first run of the game, and I was hopelessly stuck on the kings. I'd been at them constantly for something around 6 hours. I was past frustrated with them, on the verge of throwing my controller at the tv.

Anyway, I died for the thousandth time, threw down my controller and stormed off into the kitchen, having finally given up. (kitchen and living room were the same room in the apartment) But then I realized I never heard the sound that accompanies the "You Died" message. Looked back at the tv I saw my character standing in the middle of them, the tiniest sliver of health left as a King was quickly advancing on him. I dived for the controller and dealt the finishing blow to them.

That by far was the most memorable and satisfying fight in a while for me.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
im usually not the kind of guy that gets pissed at game characters and go on a rampage. though i do love simualted fights, such as using a console command to release a monster in a town of skyrim. So as far as killing goes in games i mostly kill who the quest requires. Though if i had to pick a favorite id rather go on a bit of a tangent. Take total war series, run cavalry into pikemen/phalanxes and enjoy the slaughter. loved that :)

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
Malachai, Path of Exile. - Fuck. Malachai. Him and the entirety of act 4 - save Piety's story coming to a bittersweet ending and farming dried merc lake - can go fucking fuck itself. And I mean that in 'This was horrific, but a beautiful, painful experience.'

To give you a quick list of reasons why, the developers of Path of Exile had to literally nerf the last act because it was so drastically difficult then act 3. Two of the most brilliant female characters to be physically in this universe - one of whom is my go-to argument against men who whine about there being no evil female characters - get manipulated and used, both assisting you to destroy the man who manipulated them, but still essentially removed from the action of the future nonetheless (one dead, the other - the entirety of the game, almost, is Malachai using and throwing away women like grade F meat.

There was nothing more satisfying to, as a Witch, blasting his ass from here to kingdom come. I'm never gonna fight him on merc though. Fucker hits too hard.

Piety's fucking smart and there's no guarantee she's dead. I look forward to seeing more of her in Act 5 or 6. Dialla's also alive, for what its worth.

I'm a strong believer in Trans-humanism, the concept that man has reached a point in evolution that it can change and modify it physical structure to suit its needs (note, not through the usage of tools but the installation of tools into the body as naturally as a body part).

Malachai is the most realistic version of the type of evil, seedy terrorism and ignorance spreading I hate - by warping Piety's dream of Transhumanism, he demonizes it, makes it horrid. He twists the meaning and intention to fit his own desires until it is literally a nightmare. For me, its like seeing someone using my personal beliefs to destroy a culture, to destroy a people. And yes. I am comparing Malachai to IS.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
The first thing that springs to my head is some random fucking vampires in Skyrim. I'd just given Rustlief that book for him to give to his son, then they rock up as I'm leaving town to kill me, and Rustleif gets killed. Bastards.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
Elves. Always elves all the time. Arrogant elves, tree hugger elves, high, dark, wood. Doesn't matter.

"But Carsus, some elves are good and you shouldn't kill them all"

No. All elves.

Jan 27, 2011
Sansha said:

Immensely satisfying.
I'm just sad I didn't get to light the fucker on fire.

I mean, Jeez that guy pissed me off. At least Vaaz is kinda funny to listen to. Buck wasn't. Ugh, I hated that guy.

And on the subject of Vaas, when I ganked his insane ass, I said out loud "Did I ever tell you the definition of dead? YOU." XD