Who do you think will be in Avengers 2?

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Teamwise I mean. I know it's a long way off and no follow up movies won't be released till Iron Man 3, but what the hey we can always look back and see how we did. So who's in who's out and why? (Some spoilers, but then again who HASN'T seen the avengers yet?)

EDIT: Based on Feedback I created a second Team below this one.

My Team(s):

Proto Team(My original team)

In: Thor. There are rumours flying around that Thanos will be the villain, or at least feature in Thor 2, that way the casual movie fan will get to know what all the hullibaloo was about at the end of the Avengers. Therefore it makes sense for Thor (say "for Thor" over and over again while drunk,=P)to return. After all someone is going to have to explain to everyone else about the big purple dude.

Out: Iron ma- wait no! Please come back! After Iron Man 3 Robert Downey Jr's contract will be over. Now obviously they could just "James Bond" the character or renew the contract but that's going to cost a hella loto doe plus I think the character could do with a break if the choose to change actors. Another reason is that his story, IMO, is nearing it's end. In Iron Man he learned to take some responsiblity and became a hero, in Iron Man 2 he learned to take more responsiblity and entered a stable relationship, in the Avengers he learned to put his ego aside work in a team and became a true hero. I feel that in Iron Man 3 Tony Stark's story will be, for now, concluded. Saying that I do hope he shows up in some Hulk movies, can't let that bromance go to waste 9it's been confirmed Banner won't appear in Iron Man 3 :( )

In: The Hulk. Lets face it, the casual fan went in to see Iron Man team up with some other dudes and Scarlett Johansson. They left with a new favourite superhero, and seeing as Iron Man is out there's going to have to be some one to bring back those casuals. Also it would appear we won't be getting any Hulk movies until after Avengers 2 so we gotta keep him on screen somehow.

In: Captain America. Chris Evans has stated that his contract includes six pictures. He personally beleives these six pictures to be three Captain America films and three Avenger films.

In: The Black Panther. There is going to be a Black Panther movie. I know it, you know it, Marvel knows it, DC knows it, I could go on. With Stark gone we'll need a new tech based hero plus it makes the team more diverse. Earth's greatest heroes Five white Americans and one white Asgardian! (Yeah I know Hulk's green =P)

Out: Hawkeye. Poor Hawkeye no one takes you seriously with your bow and arrow. You are the Aquaman of the Marvel Movie universe (yes I know both these characters are pretty badass in the comics, plese don't shout at me). The real reason Hawkeye is out is purely a numbers thing, don't want the team getting a bit too crowded.

In: Black Widow. The avengers is a bit of a sausage fest as it is so we can't really afford to get rid of the only woman now can we?

In: Ant-man (Scott Lang). For those not in the know Edgar Wright (Shawn of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) has written and will be directing an Ant-Man film that will follow Henry Pym in the 60s and Scott Lang in modern day. Ant-man (Pym) was a found member of the avengers so it would be cool to see his successor as part of the team.

In: Ms. Marvel. Like I said we need more woman on the team, also with Iron Man out we need someone who can fly. How she'd fit in at this point in time I'm not sure but perhaps Major Carol Danvers could fit into Captain America 2?

In: Spider-Man. "The Amazing Spider-Man" producer Avi Arad recentley stated that he was open to Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man showing up in an Avengers movie despite Sony owning the movie rights to Spidey. In fact the Oscorp building was set to apper in the Avengers but couldn't due to time issues, which means Sony and Disney are at least on speaking terms.

You read more about it here: http://whatculture.com/film/spider-man-could-feature-in-the-avengers-2.php

Spider-Man's inclusion, along with the Hulk, would more than make up for a lack of Iron Man.

So that's my team eight in total (as opposed to six). Two out. Four returning. Four newbies.

Thor
Captain America
The Hulk
Black Widow
Ant-Man
The Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Spider-Man

EDIT: Based on feedback I have come up with a new team.

New Team

In: Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Black Panther and Ant-man. Same reasons as above.

Still Out: Iron Man, same reason as above.

Back In: Hawkeye. Once again this is down to numbers, basicly there is room this time round.

New In: Spider Woman. So it seems, judging by feedback that Ms. Mavel and Spider-Man don't appear likely for Avengers 2 (Avengers 3 perhaps?). So we need a new female character, and since Spider Woman is a former agent of HYDRA she could easily fit into Captain America 2, plus sly jokes can be made at the expense of Sony's Spider-Man. Also she's English so more diversity.

So that's:

Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Hulk
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Spider Woman

The only problem I have with this team is that it's very obvious Iron Man is missing because he's the only one not returning now.... Hmmm is nine too many? I really think Stark's story will be concluded in Iron Man 3.

Thoughts? What about yours?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Wait what Hawkeye is out? The guys takes out many aliens with a bow and arrow. A BOW AND ARROW!! Poor Hawkeye, he gets mind-controlled 2/3 of the movie and he doesn't get much characters as the other guys.

Edit: You know what we need? A SHIELDS movie. I want to see all agents beat the living shit out of some bizarro mutant army or whatever.

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
Wait what Hawkeye is out? The guys takes out many aliens with a bow and arrow. A BOW AND ARROW!! Poor Hawkeye, he gets mind-controlled 2/3 of the movie and he doesn't get much characters as the other guys.
Like I said it was just a numbers thing, hopefully we get a hawkeye or shield movie to develop his character some more.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I know this is very unlikely (more like a wild shot) but if they want to follow the comicbook route then they may add Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into the mix. Also I would like to see The Vision and Luke Cage (maybe Iron Fist) in the team aswell. Also if they going to add Hank Pym in it then the Wasp would follow.

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
I know this is very unlikely (more like a wild shot) but if they want to follow the comicbook route then they may add Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into the mix. Also I would like to see The Vision and Luke Cage (maybe Iron Fist) in the team aswell. Also if they going to add Hank Pym in it then the Wasp would follow.
The think about Pym and the Wasp though is that their section of the upcoming Ant-Man film will take place in the 60s meaning they will be too old to appear in the Avengers, unless Time travel is used. However that might be too "comicy" for mainstream audiences.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I DO NOT want Spider-Man in an Avengers film. It would not have the classic Avengers feel if he was there. At all.

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Fappy said:
I DO NOT want Spider-Man in an Avengers film. It would not have the classic Avengers feel if he was there. At all.
Out of curiosity; is it Sony's version of Spider-Man you object to, or the Spider-Man character in general?

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
Deadpool. That is all.

...................What?....................... I know, I know, that is about as likely as Robin showing up in Batman. A man can dream though, a man can dream.

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
science girl said:
I thought spiderman couldn't be in as his rights are owned by sony? Am I wrong?
You are correct. And with The Amazing Spider-man that's rumored to have a greenlit sequel already, that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
irmasterlol said:
science girl said:
You are correct. And with The Amazing Spider-man that's rumored to have a greenlit sequel already, that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.
I'm assuming you've just read the condensed list at the bottom of my post, basicly Sony and Disney have had disscussions about, at the very least, Spider-Man references in The Marvel Movie Universe.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I don't know if you can really keep Black Widow in and not also include Hawkeye. She doesn't really work off of anyone else.

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
gigastrike said:
I don't know if you can really keep Black Widow in and not also include Hawkeye. She doesn't really work off of anyone else.
She seemed to work quite well with Banner I thought.

science girl

Jun 1, 2010
Rossco64 said:
irmasterlol said:
science girl said:
I'm assuming you've just read the condensed list at the bottom of my post, basicly Sony and Disney have had disscussions about, at the very least, Spider-Man references in The Marvel Movie Universe.
Pity he would be a good addition and he was one of the avengers. Miss marvel could be another female marvel character they could add nut i doubt they wany to add in too many characters that non-comic book fans would know. :/

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
Rossco64 said:
irmasterlol said:
science girl said:
Actually, I didn't realize you had a condensed list. I didn't read the entire entry for every character due to a terminal case of Can't Be Arsed.

I could be wrong but I don't think that's the producer's decision. I don't personally see Miss Marvel on her way in, but I bet we'll get some hints in the future.

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
irmasterlol said:
Rossco64 said:
irmasterlol said:
science girl said:
Actually, I didn't realize you had a condensed list. I didn't read the entire entry for every character due to a terminal case of Can't Be Arsed.

I could be wrong but I don't think that's the producer's decision. I don't personally see Miss Marvel on her way in, but I bet we'll get some hints in the future.
Ah "Can't Be Arsed" I've known many people, including myself, who have suffered from it. I was going to run a marathon to raise awareness for it but... you know.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Rossco64 said:
Fappy said:
Out of curiosity; is it Sony's version of Spider-Man you object to, or the Spider-Man character in general?
Spider-Man in general. I like Spider-Man but I hate Bendis for many things, one of which is bringing Spider-Man onto the team in 2005. I don't want the films to reflect his vision of the Avengers in anyway really. Spider-Man's a solo guy, always has been.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
Returning: Thor, Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Fury
Leaving: Hawkeye, Black Widow
Entering: Black Panther, Doctor Strange
New Role: Wasp (Maria Hill)

Ant Man will get the shaft again

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Dr Strange is the one I'd like to see in...I'm more than curious to see Liam Neeson play him as well, it's an obvious choice but I'd see it :)

I don't think Iron Man will actually be out. He's a huge part of the Avengers and RDJ is getting paid a hell of a lot of money for playing the character, it won't be too hard to write up another contract for him especially since The Avengers managed to print money. Also I'm more than keen on seeing the bromance between him and Banner go on, it was a very unexpected aspect for me and one of the most pleasing.

Ant Man is supposedly in production but I can't see him being fully integrated into The Avengers, I'd love it to happen considering how important he is in the marvel universe but I can see them drawing the line with only the most popular heroes.