Who do you think will be in Avengers 2?

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
you know what i want to see? I want to see a movie with more Agent Coulson, Doing some early work with S.H.E.I.L.D. and Nick Fury and the buildup to when they realize they need to start the Avengers Initiative in the first place.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
Dunno about axing Iron Man. There are still many comic book plot lines to be explored (Jarvis becoming sentient, Pepper becoming a friggin' cyborg, Tony having a son, etc.) and he's too much of a draw to not renew his contract. He'd be right to charge top dollar for renewal. He deserves it.

Spider-man will never be in an Avenger's movie due to legal reasons.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Axing Iron Man just isn't going to happen. He's the beating heart of the series right now. RBJ prints money, they aren't going to cut him.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I'd rather they abandon Earth and head into Space for the next round of 5 movies. Make a Guardians of the Galaxy series featuring Quasar, Jack of Hearts, Moondragon, Drax, Ms. Marvel, and Nova.

When she was Binary, Carol Danvers was a part of the Kree Imperial Guard, so she could also be a space character.

Nova might not be a part of the Guardians, but so what? New Universe, New Rules.

Hell, if they are reusing the Avengers, I would not mind seeing Operation Galactic Storm as the next one. That way, we continue the old story using Avengers and Marvel Space characters.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
When a movie makes over ONE BILLION DOLLARS, the studio begs and pleads with the people who made it to make a sequel.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
I'm going to say here what I tell my friends. They are going to stick with characters that are well known for the solo movies, and they are going to throw a lot of cannon out the window because it just gets too out there. Like Wakonda, I just can't see them bringing that back story in with any sort of straight face. I think they will stick with the formula that proved successful with The Avengers, possibly giving Maria Hill and/or Nick Fury a larger role or if they can't get Iron Man, bring back War Machine, since he's basically Iron Man but not as cool.

I would like to see the X-Men in, but that can't happen because of contracts. Especially after seeing First Class proving that they could portray Professor X and Magneto without Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.

I would also LOVE to see a SHIELD movie focusing on Black Widow and Hawkeye in the style of a spy thriller instead of an action movie. I think it has a lot of potential and it would be cool to see Coulson more.

Brewtus

May 20, 2012
I hope they just keep the same cast for The Avengers 2. Everyone worked so perfectly together, I don't want some twat like Andrew Garfield or otherwise coming in and messing with the chemistry. It was perfect as is, Disney shouldn't ruin a good thing.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
According to industry double-triple-reverse-quradruple-agents, the next saga of Marvel movies is going to be focused on the cosmic and possibly the magic portions of the Marvel universe.

So im assuming the team in Avengers 2 is going to be mostly made up of spacefaring and magic-using heroes. Though im in no position to bet on who will step up.

malestrithe said:
I'd rather they abandon Earth and head into Space for the next round of 5 movies. Make a Guardians of the Galaxy series featuring Quasar, Jack of Hearts, Moondragon, Drax, Ms. Marvel, and Nova.
You know, im convinced that the only reason anyone knows who Nova is is because of his appearance in UMvC3. Not that i wouldnt like to see more of thim though...

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Sean951 said:
I'm going to say here what I tell my friends. They are going to stick with characters that are well known for the solo movies, and they are going to throw a lot of cannon out the window because it just gets too out there. Like Wakonda, I just can't see them bringing that back story in with any sort of straight face. I think they will stick with the formula that proved successful with The Avengers, possibly giving Maria Hill and/or Nick Fury a larger role or if they can't get Iron Man, bring back War Machine, since he's basically Iron Man but not as cool.

I would like to see the X-Men in, but that can't happen because of contracts. Especially after seeing First Class proving that they could portray Professor X and Magneto without Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.

I would also LOVE to see a SHIELD movie focusing on Black Widow and Hawkeye in the style of a spy thriller instead of an action movie. I think it has a lot of potential and it would be cool to see Coulson more.
What's so out there about Wakanda?

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
gigastar said:
You know, im convinced that the only reason anyone knows who Nova is is because of his appearance in UMvC3. Not that i wouldnt like to see more of thim though...
Same was said about Iron Man, only his was a 14 year old video game MvC2. I remember a lot of people thinking that it was such a big risk when it was announced he was in the first movie.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Axyun said:
Dunno about axing Iron Man. There are still many comic book plot lines to be explored (Jarvis becoming sentient, Pepper becoming a friggin' cyborg, Tony having a son, etc.) and he's too much of a draw to not renew his contract. He'd be right to charge top dollar for renewal. He deserves it.

Spider-man will never be in an Avenger's movie due to legal reasons.
I think its worth mentioning that certain things from the comic continuity will never make it into the movie continuity.

Also, apparently there have been talks between Sony and Disney about Spiderman. Obviously i have no idea what theese talks are about, but its something.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
malestrithe said:
gigastar said:
Same was said about Iron Man, only his was a 14 year old video game MvC2. I remember a lot of people thinking that it was such a big risk when it was announced he was in the first movie.
Except Iron Man was Marvels poster-boy during the silver age of comic books. That kind of history on a character adds alot of marketing wieght.

And Nova, for whatever reason, just never made it past mediocre in terms of popularity. I dont believe he would make a terrible choice for a movie, but unless they do something amazing to make him stick he might end up further stuck in the mud.

Still doesnt stop me from having visions of the movie poster though. I can just tell theyre going to put that 8-point star in the 'o'...

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
uneek said:
Sean951 said:

Going off what my friend has told me, it's a tiny nation that appears to be more or less tribal, but makes Tony Stark look stupid. I also don't much care for the continuity beyond the movies.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I heard a rumor that Carol Danvers might be the focus character in Guardians of the Galaxy, so that might be cool.
gigastar said:
Annihilation, Conquest, War of Kings, Thanos Imperiative...it's a shame some of the best marvel comics of the last decade went so under the radar.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Sean951 said:
uneek said:
Sean951 said:

Going off what my friend has told me, it's a tiny nation that appears to be more or less tribal, but makes Tony Stark look stupid. I also don't much care for the continuity beyond the movies.
I think that's accurate. Maybe the nation is upholding old traditions and therefore keep their tribal nature despite having the technology to advance(the fact that I'm talking about an African nation makes this sentence sound racist). Sounds silly, but not too silly for the MCU.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I pretty much want the lineup to change dramatically each time- sort of as if the movies are just he major arcs, and all the other stuff (Teammates leaving, what have you) goes on in between.

That said, a few characters really need to stay, especially if they're gonna go for Civil War (And, oh, they'd better.) Tony and Steve really need more screen time together; there wasn't enough bromantic tension this time.

No problem with Clint or Natasha leaving- They were pretty much only chilling about this time because circumstances dictated they must.

I'd like to see Hulk replaced, as well. For one, it feels like it's cheating, having Mr. Invulnerable on our side, especially given that he seems to only visit other Marvel series' to be an antagonist. I liked Ruffalo as Banner, though.

Thor should get some downtime, I think. No real reason, but I'm sure there's stuff for him to do up in his worlds.

Now, who do I want in? Well, we'll probably get Henry Pym, with that Ant Man movie. Jan is an obvious choice to complement, and it'd be cool to have a married couple on the team.

Peter Parker I'd love to see, especially new Ultimate-like Spidey. Toss in Jessica Drew, and you get two unrelated Spider-People dealing with each other. Yeah, I know Spidey can't really show up at the moment, but you never know- maybe Marvel will get all its rights back one day?

Oh, oh, oh, and Carol Danvers. Love me some Ms. Marvel.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Spot1990 said:
Scarim Coral said:
I know this is very unlikely (more like a wild shot) but if they want to follow the comicbook route then they may add Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into the mix. Also I would like to see The Vision and Luke Cage (maybe Iron Fist) in the team aswell. Also if they going to add Hank Pym in it then the Wasp would follow.
Won't be getting Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch I'm afraid. They're under the X-Men/mutant umbrella so Marvel can't touch them for movies.

Same reason I think Spiderman won't get a look in either. A producer saying that stuff doesn't mean a lot really. Iron Patriot is getting a different back story in Iron Man 3 because Marvel can't use anything from the Spidey universe. I reckon it's just because after Spidey 3 they're afraid this won't be a hit on the level Marvel's been reaching. This just builds hype.
That's not quite true for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. There's some deal they have where they're allowed to use the rights for those two in both the X-men and Avengers movies. I don't know about Beast or Wolverine being in the Avengers, but they've specifically addressed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are available.