Who do you think will be in Avengers 2?

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Launcelot111 said:
Spot1990 said:
Scarim Coral said:
I know this is very unlikely (more like a wild shot) but if they want to follow the comicbook route then they may add Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into the mix. Also I would like to see The Vision and Luke Cage (maybe Iron Fist) in the team aswell. Also if they going to add Hank Pym in it then the Wasp would follow.
Won't be getting Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch I'm afraid. They're under the X-Men/mutant umbrella so Marvel can't touch them for movies.

Same reason I think Spiderman won't get a look in either. A producer saying that stuff doesn't mean a lot really. Iron Patriot is getting a different back story in Iron Man 3 because Marvel can't use anything from the Spidey universe. I reckon it's just because after Spidey 3 they're afraid this won't be a hit on the level Marvel's been reaching. This just builds hype.
That's not quite true for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. There's some deal they have where they're allowed to use the rights for those two in both the X-men and Avengers movies. I don't know about Beast or Wolverine being in the Avengers, but they've specifically addressed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are available.
I think it's something like Marvel CAN use them, but they can't be mutants or related to Magneto.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
gigastar said:
Axyun said:
Dunno about axing Iron Man. There are still many comic book plot lines to be explored (Jarvis becoming sentient, Pepper becoming a friggin' cyborg, Tony having a son, etc.) and he's too much of a draw to not renew his contract. He'd be right to charge top dollar for renewal. He deserves it.

Spider-man will never be in an Avenger's movie due to legal reasons.

I think its worth mentioning that certain things from the comic continuity will never make it into the movie continuity.
I think that is pretty obvious. One of the reasons why I don't follow comics is because most of them have such ridiculous twists, turns and convoluted events that I have a hard time caring enough to follow it all.

But I do think that Pepper and Tony having a son or daughter allows them to take the character's development and maturity up a notch. He would also have to weigh whether or not he wants to continue being Iron Man and risk getting himself killed, leaving his offspring to be raised without a father figure. He would also come to better understand how his own father's responsibilities kept him from being there for him.

They have plenty of material to work with that does not tread into the typical retarded arcs most comics embrace these days.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
uneek said:
Sean951 said:
uneek said:
Sean951 said:
I'm going to say here what I tell my friends. They are going to stick with characters that are well known for the solo movies, and they are going to throw a lot of cannon out the window because it just gets too out there. Like Wakonda, I just can't see them bringing that back story in with any sort of straight face. I think they will stick with the formula that proved successful with The Avengers, possibly giving Maria Hill and/or Nick Fury a larger role or if they can't get Iron Man, bring back War Machine, since he's basically Iron Man but not as cool.

I would like to see the X-Men in, but that can't happen because of contracts. Especially after seeing First Class proving that they could portray Professor X and Magneto without Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.

I would also LOVE to see a SHIELD movie focusing on Black Widow and Hawkeye in the style of a spy thriller instead of an action movie. I think it has a lot of potential and it would be cool to see Coulson more.
What's so out there about Wakanda?
If they changed Wakanda to having actual urban centers, then I could see it as more believable. Until cities were developed, there wasn't much in the way of science being done as life was much more subsistence based.

Going off what my friend has told me, it's a tiny nation that appears to be more or less tribal, but makes Tony Stark look stupid. I also don't much care for the continuity beyond the movies.
I think that's accurate. Maybe the nation is upholding old traditions and therefore keep their tribal nature despite having the technology to advance(the fact that I'm talking about an African nation makes this sentence sound racist). Sounds silly, but not too silly for the MCU.
Maybe if they changed Wakanda to have cities and urban centers, then it could work. As it stands, science and urbanization tend to go hand in hand. Division of labor and the ability to rise above subsistence level of resource gathering and all that fun stuff.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I think Rapeman will probably be joining in the next movie, his specialty in raping his enemies would be quite useful I think.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
The way I see Avengers 2 has the advantage of being able to ride on the success of the first, but needs to avoid falling in the Hangover trap of basically repeating the exact same thing from the first. To that end this is my cast:

Thor: IN
Captain America IN
Iron Man IN

Those three have to stay. In universe because they're the core trinity of the Avengers and because they have the big grossing movies and backstories already established.

Hulk OUT

Now the Hulk (and Mark Ruffalo) was the breakout star of the Avengers, but it might be too repetitive to go over the same themes again in the Avengers. Also Hulk has never been an Avenger for long. I'd rather see another Hulk movie, focusing on the fun aspects of the character or perhaps even more ambitiously a Defenders movie (especially if there is a successful Dr Strange movie).

Hawkeye OUT
Black OUT

Easy to write out as they're S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Still have potential for a combined movie, or a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie or even a Secret Avengers movie (with Warmachine).

But who would I add?
Black Panther IN

Could do with his own movie or act as an initial threat to the Avengers as he assesses them. Good science character to bounce off Tony and around Captain America's level of powers too.

Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel IN

Carol Danvers could be introduced via Guardians of the Galaxy or another cosmic title. One of the most important and powerful female Avengers.

Antman and the Wasp IN

Classic Avengers, nice looking powers for on screen.

Additionally I think Thanos should have a group of very powered individuals he unleashes before fighting the Avengers, rather than just using the Chitauri again. If it's not a movies rights issue I'd use some character that Galactus' (because we won't see him in any movie anytime soon) Heralds like the Fallen One and Terrax.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
hard to say, but we have to count off all the characters who Marvel doesn't have the right to make films for. Probably Black panther, ant man, wasp. Maybe Iron fist???????