Who else has a rare genetic disorder? hands?

knumpify

Feb 15, 2008
To get the ball rolling, I have xeroderma pigmentosum [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xeroderma_pigmentosum]. I never leave the house without sunscreen less than SPF 100. I burn waiting for the bus, I work the night shift. If I'm out in the sun for more than 20 minutes, I blister and my skin starts to melt off. not pretty. I am pretty lucky though, no scales, it's not an extreme case, I can still get some sun and live, I have pigment in my hair, but not my eyes.

so, that's my fun story, anyone else out there with oddities?

EDIT: fixed the link, it actually goes to the wiki article now

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
i have no clue what you mean by hands but i have nothing that uncommon.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
The only genetic disorder I have (that I know of) is a bad case of restless leg syndrome... and that's not really all that rare at all.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
knumpify said:
Damn, the wikipedia-article was pretty harsh. You don't expect to die prematurely or something such, right?

I don't have any genetic disease myself, but my neighbor's two daughters have some kind of brittle bone disease. They're about 10 years old, and both have broken all manner of bones (usually fingers and arms) in excess of 30 times.

Nihlex

Jun 30, 2009
I'm allergic to meat, don't know if that counts but its not very common I believe.

Lord_Coinage

Jan 15, 2009
Well, I somehow managed to get all the bad-looking genes I could've possibly gotten from my family. I suppose that's pretty improbable, but nothing outstanding.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Kpt._Rob said:
The only genetic disorder I have (that I know of) is a bad case of restless leg syndrome... and that's not really all that rare at all.
Same bro, sometimes I find it amusing though. You?

knumpify

Feb 15, 2008
Mortagog said:
knumpify said:
Damn, the wikipedia-article was pretty harsh. You don't expect to die prematurely or something such, right?

I don't have any genetic disease myself, but my neighbor's two daughters have some kind of brittle bone disease. They're about 10 years old, and both have broken all manner of bones (usually fingers and arms) in excess of 30 times.
nah, i'm already 20, so I'm set. my doc says i'm fine for now.

Nihlex said:
I'm allergic to meat, don't know if that counts but its not very common I believe.
Totally counts! it's all kinds of suffering there. I can't imagine my life without bacon

Rylot said:
Spinabifada for me.
Owch,

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
I have something similar to epilepsy which is that i cannot be still, I will just twich, so i am in constant motion. it's odd really.

No its not ADD, ADHD or terretes.