Who else hates the site redesign?

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
The loading times are a bit longer than they used to be, but I think that they'll fix this soon enough.

I'm sick of seeing that "is it rape" threat on the most viewed. I just want it to go away, an ex gf of mine was date raped and it brings back painful memories to keep looking at the site for some new threats and to keep seeing that same thread. YES FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S RAPE!

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
Takes too long to load and its too bright.
Tone down the colour, it'll be fine :)

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Well, I always am the one to praise redesigns, and I liked it at the beginning, but right now it kinda gets on my plums.

The one problem with minimalistic style, is that it's very hard to perfect. It can be both functional and simple, look great while using very little resources... but you have to put a lot of work, and more importantly, thinking into it. Escapist failed.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Much preferred the old look, more distinctive and more user-friendly for my dollar. Besides just looking so generic... and WAY too damn bright... the new layout is needlessly complex for my tastes.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I can't find the series archive for videos. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
kebab4you said:
Man some admin is going to get pissy at me soon, but I will link this again:
http://userstyles.org/styles/57994/escapist-magazine-fix-for-white-background
That's pretty awesome, with a quick bit of experimenting I've found you can put any online image to replace the black on this tool by just editing the url :-D

h0wdyth3r3

Sep 16, 2010
I'm having trouble figuring out where everything is, what with my script blocker. I'm not about to turn it off either. What was so appealing about this layout that the Escapist had to turn everything ass-over-teakettle?
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
PS.. THE WHITE! IT BURNS!

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Bad colour scheme and the navigation is cluttered as all hell.

But we're gonna have to get used to it, as I doubt the Escapist is changing back.

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
I DO. What was wrong with the old one? The new blue color looks horrible, and the old one was so much simpler.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
i may be confusing cause with co-relation, but after the site update went up, so did the amount of lag

but that is besides the point: THE NEW SITE IS CONFUSING

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Its a bit awkward at first, but we'll get used to it eventually. I prefer the old design, but this isn't bad either.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
I don't like the color scheme and the design of the section bar irks me.

This isn't much of a review site, so there's little point in separating content by platforms, and why is there a webcomic section when the Escapist only has two webcomics?

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
E.X.D. said:
Ever since the shiny new escapist debuted, I've found this site impossible to navigate. Every couple of times when I click a link I get a server error and have to refresh the page until it loads. In general all the pages are loading slower for me. When I click the show more button when browsing through the news half the time instead of loading more articles it loads a blank page. Is anyone else having similar problems, or for some other reason taking issue with the redesign?
No idea, but the bright, near neon Blue and confusing layout is still proving to be a real pet hate of mine despite using it for a week or two by now.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
ahem

DEAR LORD THE BRIGHTNESS. -insert scream-

I don't even know why this sites so bad, other sites use white, but here it's blinding and gives me headaches. Lack of contrast perhaps? And there is so much wasted space it irks me a little.

Aside from that i'm generally ok with the way the site is, they could have just organised it a little better

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
My main issue is that it just loads far more slowly.
In general, I don't hate the new design, but I liked the old design a lot more. It was just generally more intuitive to navigate. The new one is even more archaic than Facebook.

NegaWiki

Oct 1, 2011
Maybe The Escapist is revamping its target demographic? The site looks more like Facebook and the main page has all these pretty, unrelated articles and videos in order to grab your attention.
I'm pretty sure the white spaces are going to be used for advertisements.