Who else is disguisted by children nowadays?

dantom1

Aug 27, 2008
DeerGoMoo said:
I'm 16 like quite a few folks in this thread and I've had enough of other people my age too. What I find to be the biggest problem is that the misbehaving kids are no longer content with just not caring themselves; they now seem to feel the need to screw everything up for everyone else. This usually comes in the form of being loud and obnoxious, and really really gets on my nerves. I really couldn't care less if you want to turn your life into a complete waste of time, but if you're going to try and ruin my chances just because you're an envious, attention seeking child, you can go to hell for all I'm concerned, and it's now getting where the girls are as bad or worse than boys, I can't count the amount of times I've been shoved aside by some stuck-up, arrogant fat cow who believes she's so good that it's not worth the effort of moving around me or politely asking me to move, but rather I should simply move out of her way or be moved, regardless of whether I even knew she was there.
It destroys all my confidence in the human race knowing there are people out there that will never think of even uttering the words "excuse me", "sorry, that was my fault" or "please".

Another problem is this group mentality that, for lack of a better word, chavs adopt so frequently. They all listen to the same ridiculous music, wear the same ridiculous clothing, have the same attitude of thinking they're better than everyone else, and worst of all, they all stick up for each other regardless of what actually happened.

Take this example, my friend who's 16 like myself has a brother who's about 11 or 12 or so. When some little sh*ts aged about 13 or 14 ganged up on him in school, rubbed mud in his face, and tried to get him on the floor in some mud, my friend told them in no uncertain terms to go and f*ck themselves. One of them squared up to them, despite being about a foot and a half shorter, and hit my friend, who then in self defense hit him back. Word got back to some school staff who had them both in an office; my friend explained what happened and was not punished, as you would expect. But it seems that some people don't think like that, saying as my friend was ambushed the next day by not one, but three 17 year olds, one of them being the person he hit's brother, with one person on each arm while the third attempted to beat him up. Luckily it was broken up before any real harm could be done, but it just shows how they think. He was given no opportunity to explain that he was only defending his younger brother, which is exactly what these people (who were likely only given half a story) were trying to do, and were they mentally competent, would probably understand that they aren't the only one's who stand up for siblings, that their siblings are little buggers who deserve what they get, and leave him alone. They're also incredibly fond of ganging up on people, which is the only reason they're perceived to be dangerous - on their own they younger ones don't dare to say or do anything.
I've even had 10 and 11 year old kids attempting to aggravate or attack me because they know that if I fight back, they can get their older siblings on me. If I had a younger brother like that, I'd tell him that it was his own damn fault.

Society may have always been violent, but todays younger people are definitely getting worse, and at a much younger age. I'm curious to see what these chavs are like when they get to about 40 or 50 though, will they still be blasting crap music on crap speakers at the back of a bus?
I was in the exact same situation except it was 5 or 6 16 year olds when i was 14, and after failing the first time they tried again o_O

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Ooh, a youth-hate discussion! I don't think I've ever participated in these before, so here goes:

I was once sixteen years old (but don't worry, I only get better with age. I'm like human vintage, baby) babysitting a particularly rowdy younger cousin and his mindless group of boys who were bound to grow up just like their fathers and/or mothers - total dickheads. Keep in mind that I'm not saying all kids are little shits, but my cousin and his following certainly were complete and utter douchebags. Ahem. So anyway, I was keeping a hawk's eye over the youngin's when two of them had a little confrontation that soon turned into a decidedly un-hilarious bout of kicking and screaming. And no, it did not include Will Ferrell. Zing!

Suffice to say, I had to break things up before they broke a rib or two, and keep them away from each other long enough for their parents to pick them up. One mother arrived for one child, and another for the other. Then the two parents had an outrageously retarded yelling tournament in the middle of the road, ending in a mutual agreement of blame... on me, of course. Even now those two parents (whom I sometimes meet at my cousin's birthday parties and such) still give me the evil eye.

In summary, some parents will always be pricks, and then raise their children to be pricks. It's the vicious cycle, man. All we can do is:

A) Raise our children well.
and B) Hope that there are enough decent children to make the next generation a nicer one.

theklng

May 1, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.
Socrates
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

This is nothing new. Don't concern yourself about it, every generation thinks the one below them is going off the rails and it doesn't happen.
shit be cyclic, dog.

children of their generation will be more orderly to spite their parents. and in turn, children of that generation will spite their parents by being exactly like their grandparents.

alright, so maybe it's not every generation, but it's cyclic either how.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
People still in school, if a lower grade mouths off to you, do what i did, stuck the little twat in a trash can, nobody messes with you after that.

And yes, children aren't raised properly, parents need to learn to say "NO", and children need to learn to respect other people/property.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
theklng said:
shit be cyclic, dog.

children of their generation will be more orderly to spite their parents. and in turn, children of that generation will spite their parents by being exactly like their grandparents.

alright, so maybe it's not every generation, but it's cyclic either how.
Yup, a theory I totally agree with (see my other posts on this thread).

Shaenightbird

Apr 7, 2008
This is a double edged sword.

I know from experience that my generation(35+) has no real guide to effective parenting. Most of us have no idea what to do. Truly. We can't use our folks as good examples, as a rule. Sad but true.

I think a lot of it comes down to money, because first of all, kids are expensive. If you're not in the small portion of society which is considered to be wealthy, you're working your ass off, all the time. I know so many couples who have kids, and both parents have to work two jobs. People get tired. Kids have endless energy. When somebody gets home from working a hell schedule, the last thing anybody wants to do is interact. There's one problem right there. American society is dreadfully materialistic, and kids will be kids. They whine, and pester with their endless energy.

I know mums who have actually said to me " I simply couldn't hold out against it anymore. I gave them what they wanted so they'd shut the hell up and leave me in peace." It takes strength and energy to parent properly, but when nobody's got any, what happens? And then, there's the single parent phenom, which makes everything 10 times worse, because there's only one person, and no help. Everything is more expensive, and your child is brought up by strangers, if you can even afford decent child care.

Children need limits and discipline, but not corporal punishment. Beatings accomplish nothing, but there has to be respect instilled for the word "No." This means there needs to be respect for the parent, and when a bad precedent is set, that degrades, and the kids start running the show. Kids who respect nothing grow into adults who respect nothing. Kids who live by the "Me, me, ME!" mentality grow up to be greedy and self absorbed adults. I cannot blame children for being who they are. It's up to us, the adults, to teach them proper values. However, when we are too tired and stressed out to do this, or ill equipped psychologically to be parents at all, my suggestion is not to bring them into the world in the first place, because it's irresponsible to do so.

There's some adult selfishness right there. "I want children!" Well then, what sort of parent would you be? The mere ability to reproduce does not a proper parent make.

Do I have kids? No. It was the right choice for me. I like kids. But I wouldn't have been able to be a good parent, and I knew that. Hence, no kids.

Sorry for the wall of text.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
It's the shit parents and rolemodels today. Parents don't care what their kids do and people can be famous now for having big tits or being a chauvanistic arsehole. Is anyone really surprised that we have a generation of self-centered narcasists(sp?) surrounding us?

I'm 16 BTW.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I'm 14 and I wish I was older, I get on with people from around 18+ because they are somewhat mature. Most people my age think it's clever to get laid at 12 then brag about it...I despise being around these deliquents(?) and wish I was 10 years older.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
I am absolutely appalled by how the kiddies are. True, I may still be 15, but that's beside the point. Everyone in my school is either a trend-slave with no free will and not a single working brain cell, or what they declare geeks/nerds with the brain capacity to read a book. And the phones just get worse! My 12 year old sister has already had 3 phones... IN ONE YEAR. It's not because she's careless, she just wants the next one that the crowd wants. The worst case I've ever heard of was that a 4 year old had a phone. Who the fuck is she going to call?!? I swear, if we continue on this path, we will have new born babies with designer caps and blankets picking out what phone they want before they even get home!

Guile18

Apr 15, 2009
-bladerunner- said:
Us teenagers are put in a bad light because of a select few, most of us won't stab you if you talk to us, those that do get given a stereotype which is chosen by the media to represent us all. I wish people would see what we were like before they made a judgement on us. I open doors for other people and they look stunned that a teenager who at my age (according to the media) should be outside taking drugs and starting fights is being polite to them!
Are you me by any chance? o__0

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
I am and Im just 15, People are idiots. Modern teens? Annoying, Chavtastic idiotic morons. I have to put up with this crap every day. Fun eh?

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.
Socrates
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

This is nothing new. Don't concern yourself about it, every generation thinks the one below them is going off the rails and it doesn't happen.
Yeah, this guy is right.

I'm not one to talk, being a "young'en" myself, but i look at the middle school that i came from and things already seem worse there.

SEEM worse.

It's just that as time goes on there are new things that are considered normal for children to wear, have, do, etc.

I'm sure someone in the 80's was complaining about all the damn kids and their liberty spikes and mohawks (was it considered rebellious then? i'm not sure, i wasnt born yet).

But that said, i'm sick to death of hearing people in a generation think they're better than everyone else. Ok, you claim to not ***** and whatever, but that is no reason to say you hate your own generation. Saying so just causes you to come off as a self-centered twat.

/rantblahwhatever

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I've just given up on my generation. What I've said has already been said. Thankfully tomorrow is 420 and that means school is going to be a bit quieter with all the drugees and pretenders gone. Which I'm not sure has been said but the air waves are partially to blame. Some of the stuff on TV, even kid shows, enourages spoiled actions.

SirSisyphus

Feb 22, 2009
Shaenightbird said:
This is a double edged sword.

I know from experience that my generation(35+) has no real guide to effective parenting. Most of us have no idea what to do. Truly. We can't use our folks as good examples, as a rule. Sad but true.

I think a lot of it comes down to money, because first of all, kids are expensive. If you're not in the small portion of society which is considered to be wealthy, you're working your ass off, all the time. I know so many couples who have kids, and both parents have to work two jobs. People get tired. Kids have endless energy. When somebody gets home from working a hell schedule, the last thing anybody wants to do is interact. There's one problem right there. American society is dreadfully materialistic, and kids will be kids. They whine, and pester with their endless energy.

I know mums who have actually said to me " I simply couldn't hold out against it anymore. I gave them what they wanted so they'd shut the hell up and leave me in peace." It takes strength and energy to parent properly, but when nobody's got any, what happens? And then, there's the single parent phenom, which makes everything 10 times worse, because there's only one person, and no help. Everything is more expensive, and your child is brought up by strangers, if you can even afford decent child care.

Children need limits and discipline, but not corporal punishment. Beatings accomplish nothing, but there has to be respect instilled for the word "No." This means there needs to be respect for the parent, and when a bad precedent is set, that degrades, and the kids start running the show. Kids who respect nothing grow into adults who respect nothing. Kids who live by the "Me, me, ME!" mentality grow up to be greedy and self absorbed adults. I cannot blame children for being who they are. It's up to us, the adults, to teach them proper values. However, when we are too tired and stressed out to do this, or ill equipped psychologically to be parents at all, my suggestion is not to bring them into the world in the first place, because it's irresponsible to do so.

There's some adult selfishness right there. "I want children!" Well then, what sort of parent would you be? The mere ability to reproduce does not a proper parent make.

Do I have kids? No. It was the right choice for me. I like kids. But I wouldn't have been able to be a good parent, and I knew that. Hence, no kids.

Sorry for the wall of text.
I feel that the "kids are expensive. Both parents need to work to make ends meet" is a myth. If people took a more financially reasonable approach to life it wouldn't be half as hard. But when you want a big house, new cars, flat screen T.Vs, etc. and then raise kids on top of that, you have a materialistic downward cycle where children are on the hook as being "expensive". Which is sad and could be a reason why they are the way they are nowadays.

shippuudenfreak

Feb 12, 2009
I have to say I am ashamed of my peers. They often do wear more .......adult/revealing clothing and were getting taught at a lower rate. I mean come on! I'm only in ninth grade! does it get worse from here out, with the cursing, the clothing and the teachers/ teaching of lack of?