Who has ever seen or played the flash game "Exmortis"?

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
I just watched a friend, and god was it scary. It's really short, but I felt that it surpassed the Silent Hill in the whole fear aspect.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Is that the one where the woman from the real estate company visits that haunted house?

Trendkill6

Dec 14, 2008
I've played it.
There's two and a third one commming out, very well done and very scary.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Link me up, I'm a Huge Horror fan, and this has peaked my interests.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Aww, man, and here I had my hopes up, only for it to turn out to be one of those "SCREAMING FACE WITH HIGH-PITCHED STATIC" games.

Where's the real horror? It's easy to make me jump, but I much prefer the games where I'm just too creeped out to want to continue.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Aww, man, and here I had my hopes up, only for it to turn out to be one of those "SCREAMING FACE WITH HIGH-PITCHED STATIC" games.

Where's the real horror? It's easy to make me jump, but I much prefer the games where I'm just too creeped out to want to continue.
I can tell you didn't play it through to the end.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Quadtrix said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

No, you're right. I didn't. The first one at the opening screen sort of turned me off, since it seems like the majority of this type of game consist solely of that kind of "scare". If you can seriously tell me that the game goes more for cerebral (or at least subtle) horror then I'll go ahead and give it a chance.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Quadtrix said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

No, you're right. I didn't. The first one at the opening screen sort of turned me off, since it seems like the majority of this type of game consist solely of that kind of "scare". If you can seriously tell me that the game goes more for cerebral (or at least subtle) horror then I'll go ahead and give it a chance.
I really suggest playing the game through to the end and finding the multiple endings before making any conclusions. On that note, there's at least 2 endings I know of.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Quadtrix said:
I really suggest playing the game through to the end and finding the multiple endings before making any conclusions. On that note, there's at least 2 endings I know of.
Having played through (apparently) half of it, it seems that I was mistaken. I do have to be careful about this sort of thing, though- the stupid "startle" games tend to give me headaches.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Quadtrix said:
Having played through (apparently) half of it, it seems that I was mistaken. I do have to be careful about this sort of thing, though- the stupid "startle" games tend to give me headaches.
Admittedly, it has its startle moment, but I feel they're executed well, and not forced as a desperate attempt to scare the player.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
I played this alone at night, and jesus christ, this thing scared me. Just the atmosphere was way too much for me to handle. 'Nuff said, I did NOT play the second one, 'cause I don't like that kind of extreme tension. And I've played quite a few horror games before this without any major problems, so this is one pretty messed up game.
I think the fact that it's so short helps, as it's impossible to keep up this kind of extreme tension for extended periods of time.

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
Ahaha I started playing, and I started reading comments, and then immediately closed the window :p. I have so little tolerance for being scared.

timsupportsmetal

Feb 25, 2009
I've played these games many a time, still waiting for the third one to come out. But it's been so long, I'm starting to lose hope. Starting to feel like "Duke Nukem Forevwer" all over again. Sigh.