Who is the greatest anime hero ever!?

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
motoko kusinagi aka the major from "ghost in the shell" is the best anime character ever. period. this is not my opinion, it is a true fact... ok, maybe not...

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
rottenbutter said:
This is a tuff one, most of favorite anime characters aren't exactly "heroes", but I'd have to with Lelouch, from Code Geass.
I don't know if I should have picked Light now. They're both good.
Yes, Light is a good character, but I don't think he counts a hero. He had a good intention, but he killed a lot of innocent people, and tried to become god.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
rottenbutter said:
Wait, does Alucard count as a hero?
he is, he is, I mean, he still have to fight against the fat Nazi major to save the world from damnation, right? ;)

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
rottenbutter said:
crimson5pheonix said:
rottenbutter said:
This is a tuff one, most of favorite anime characters aren't exactly "heroes", but I'd have to with Lelouch, from Code Geass.
Yes, Light is a good character, but I don't think he counts a hero. He had a good intention, but he killed a lot of innocent people, and tried to become god.
And how many people did Lelouch kill when trying to become emperor?

godgranite

Dec 9, 2008
my favorite character is guts from berserk because he's just a normal guy (well kinda normalish)killing uber demons

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon!
if..uh. it was anime.
tottally Schmoopy.

My vote's actually in favor of Edward from Full Metal Alchemist

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
rottenbutter said:
crimson5pheonix said:
rottenbutter said:
Fair point, but that was before Lelouch turned truly good. After he became emperor, (if memory serves) he only killed in order to stop his brother from launching the FLEIA warheads. Light killed because of his self-richeousness, and to become a god. Lelouch (after he turned truly good) only wanted world peace, nothing more.

And do you think Light would do what Lelouch did at the end? I don't think so.

Edit: It took a while to come up with that argument. You really made me think there.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
rottenbutter said:
crimson5pheonix said:
rottenbutter said:
crimson5pheonix said:
rottenbutter said:
Fair point, but that was before Lelouch turned truly good. After he became emperor, (if memory serves) he only killed in order to stop his brother from launching the FLEIA warheads. Light killed because of his self-richeousness, and to become a god. Lelouch (after he turned truly good) only wanted world peace, nothing more.

And do you think Light would do what Lelouch did at the end? I don't think so.

Edit: It took a while to come up with that argument. You really made me think there.
Just because Light is more self centered, doesn't detract from the good side of what he was doing. I mean yes, Lelouch turned out to be more noble, but they were both "good guys" in their own way. Also the OP probably would use the term "protagonist" to be more accurate to his sentiment. Of course I'm not him so I don't know.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
Just because Light is more self centered, doesn't detract from the good side of what he was doing. I mean yes, Lelouch turned out to be more noble, but they were both "good guys" in their own way. Also the OP probably would use the term "protagonist" to be more accurate to his sentiment. Of course I'm not him so I don't know.
While I do believe he was a "good guy" in his own way, I don't think it qualifies him as a hero. Heroes are suppose to be selfless, do good for the sake of good, and expect nothing in return. Light wanted to become a god. To me, that keeps from being a hero.