Who is the most powerful soldier in gaming?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I have a soft spot for The Black Widow, Khan Natasha Kerensky. Especially when she was piloting her Warhammer, love that mech...

...what?...tabletop totally counts...you dishonour the clan...freebirth...

Stavros Dimou

Mar 15, 2011
Of course the guy from Doom.

Not only he is faster than a car as you noted,but he also WENT TO HELL,KILLED ITS DEMONS AND CAME BACK!!!!
Nobody else can fit that on his resume.

Of course the Duke Nukem from Duke Nukem 3D (not the shit that was forever) and Masterchief,deserve special mentions.

Ahh.... good old Duke. I remember when he'd kick with both his legs the enemies while still standing... Or how he would be circle-strafing enemies faster than what it takes the enemies to turn around.
I'd want to see a battle between him and Masterchief. Masterchief has his power armor and a much more powerful mellee attack,but Duke from DN3D was so fast,apparently Masterchief wouldn't even realise what it hit him or from where.

Of course the Doom Guy would beat both. He is as fast [if not faster] as Duke,and wears an armor like Masterchief!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Mycroft Holmes said:
General Revan is the most powerful soldier.

Already a top soldier in sheer terms of physicality by the standards of a galaxy with over 100 quadrillion people in the Empire alone, not counting the many star systems that are not a part of the Empire(for comparison Warhammer 40k only has a total human population of a few quadrillion from which to pick their soldiers.) he is also considered the greatest strategic/tactical mind in some 100,000 years of galactic history at least, with countless generations to choose from.

On top of his already substantial reflexes and strength he is also considered one of the best fighter pilots in the galaxy and has a genius level grasp of a great many different skills: mechanics, medicine, language. He is extremely charismatic and very persuasive. He is ambidextrous and wields two lightsabers at the same time. Lightsabers that can cut through anything that isn't a lightsaber. Which really puts a wee bit of a dampener on the armor that anyone else is wearing(be it space marine armor or master chief's.)

Not only as aforementioned is he way better than anyone else at tactics/strategy but he can see minutes into the future allowing him to perfectly counter all his opponents moves before they make them. All projectiles aimed at him will either be vaporized by the lightsaber, deflected away from him with force push, or directed right back at his attacker with force push. He can affect minds, dominating and forcing people to kill themselves. He can affect their perceptions and become invisible to them. He can crush people with sheer force power, slamming them around like rag dolls.

He has no equal that I know of.
Eh, I'd say he's more of a Jedi or Sith, honestly. And even if we weren't going to count that, he never actually fought in battles. He never needed to. He was a commander. Not a soldier.
Res Plus said:
Wow, whoever did that has played far too much Doom 3! Impressive.
Indeed. Actually, Doom 3 is the only game that I love to speedrun just for fun. In normal playthroughs you're sort of babywalking it and taking your time. But when you're rushing through it as fast as possible, Doom 3 is almost a completely different game.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
Eh, I'd say he's more of a Jedi or Sith, honestly. And even if we weren't going to count that, he never actually fought in battles. He never needed to. He was a commander. Not a soldier.
Generals are soldiers. The OP didn't say "who is the most powerful grunt in gaming?"

Where does it say he never fought in battles? You think he just showed up out of the blue and they were like "here take over command of our entire military forces"?

According to two seconds of wikipedia research the Revanchists, led by Revan, started scouting and making guerilla attacks on Mandalorian positions long before they were officially brought into the rest of the republic military. Including landing on Dxun by himself to scout. His mask was taken from a Mandalorian he killed. He personally took part in the ground battle to liberate Taris. He was on the ground when the Mandalorians nuked everything and assaulted the planet during the Battle of Serroco. When he was "deputized" into the military he fought in a dozen battles long before he was appointed supreme commander. He was captured by Bastilla while fighting in a space battle. He personally stormed the Star Forge in the final battle of the entire war.

Jul 31, 2013
Big Boss

Why?

Because he's a cigar-chomping, eyepatch-wearing special-forces operative, mercenary leader and warlord of a country made BY soldiers FOR soldiers, intent on creating a world that is in a perpetual state of war.

And he has a mothafuckin' badass longcoat. And a beret. And a mullet. And a bandana!

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
SanguiniusMagnificum said:
Big Boss

Why?

Because he's a cigar-chomping, eyepatch-wearing special-forces operative, mercenary leader and warlord of a country made BY soldiers FOR soldiers, intent on creating a world that is in a perpetual state of war.

And he has a mothafuckin' badass longcoat. And a beret. And a mullet. And a bandana!
I was just scanning through the comments thinking "this is a gaming site asking who the best in-game soldier is and noone has mentioned big boss, whats wrong with you people?" seriously big boss is a dude. Guarunteed he'd find a way to take down anyone mentioned on this thread before they'd even seen him

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Asura from Asuras Wrath hands down. Does everything Kratos does but does it with his bare hands.Also no where near as big of douche as Kratos is.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Doomguy, because he fought demons on mars, got killed, went to hell, fought his way out of hell, went back to Earth, fought literal hell on Earth, saved humanity, fought back into hell and completely destroyed it. All while being a normal human, not someone genectically modified or clad in some kind of special armour. Just a dude who's good at killing pretty much everything.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Well, technically...

It's too bad the dialogue is so awful it makes your ears bleed. Anyway, sorry Master Chief, you get curb stomped.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
CrossLOPER said:
Hazy said:
[sub][sub]I sure hope this is enough content to keep me from getting another warning, he said with a snicker and a roll of the eyes.[/sub][/sub]
Are you suggesting that the laws are unfair, comrade?
N-no, n-not at at all!

The laws are firm and just! They're there for our protection!

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Nobody mentioned Varok Saurfang yet? Well, he's retired, true enough...but seriously, those cleaves, ugh. But maybe he's faded into oblivion while I wasn't watching, haven't really been playing WoW in years.