Who is the most powerful soldier in gaming?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Zipzip the Penguin said:
Consider the weaponry, physical and mental abilities, strength and utility items of the soldier.
The server admin, always.

Any game, any player, any time, he or she can wipe out, they have whatever abilities you have and also the ability to control in game reality, they win.

Alternatively Samus Aran.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Some Warhammer commander woud be a good pick.
A Jedi Master is technicaly a soldier?
Samus, Chief, James Bond etc..
There are many good choices :/

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I think the only proper way to determine this is to look at each soldier's resume of accomplishments. And with that in mind, it's hard to stack up against the accomplishments of Master Chief and Commander Shepard.

So if those two are the top contenders (at least by my count), then the deciding factor would become HOW they achieved those accomplishments. Master Chief is a solo-machine, singlehandedly curb-stomping everything in his path and wading through warzones with nothing but an AI voice in his head giving him tactical advice and hacking stuff for him. Commander Shepard, on the other hand, only accomplished his great achievements (with the exception of the background story ones) with the help of a kick-ass squad at his side. So all things being even, it'd be Commander Shepard with AI EDI's assistance (as opposed to Mecha EDI) vs Master Chief with Cortana's assistance.

MC still did a lot more with only an AI to help him and Shepard, even with EDI's help, still had a crack-squad with him.

As such, if you ask me, the trophy goes to MC.

Splitzi

Apr 29, 2012
Commander Shepard, because if you take away Master Chief's armor he can't do his job. Give Shep that armor and he wouldn't need a team either, because he would single-handedly conquer the galaxy.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Phoenixmgs said:
Gill Kaiser said:
Commander Shepard or Master Chief, I guess?
You can fight like a Krogan,
Run like a leopard,
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard...

Aww.... shoot, beaten to it... and now the song shall be stuck in me head all day... no bad thing!

PLightstar

Aug 23, 2011
Guffe said:
Some Warhammer commander woud be a good pick.
A Jedi Master is technicaly a soldier?
Samus, Chief, James Bond etc..
There are many good choices :/
Technically Luke was given a commission in the New Republic so he is a kind of a soldier and was incredibly powerful, with other Jedi saying he was a blur of lightning and force powers whilst taking on the Vong. Also The Jedi in the Old Republic were made Generals. Plus going back to the beginning of the Republic with Sith vs Jedi wars, there powers and abilities out shine any Jedi from film timeline's.

Would have to say Doomguy, seeing as he single handily saved mankind from Deamon invasion on many occasions and he isn't even a Pysker

Wafflemarine

Dec 12, 2011
Space Marines hands down. Master Chief and Prophet from Cysis are weak compared to them. The games don't even do them justice Space Marines are as lightning fast as Master Chief and Prophet as well as stronger. Not to mention regenerative abilities.

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
There is quite literally no competition between anything and an average Space marine from Warhammer 40k.

However if you then bring in Matt Ward's version of Ultramarines or the emperor forbid Gulliman the Ultramarine Primarch then you are pretty fucked at that point no matter who you are,

The equivalent of pretty much anyone else from a different game to the warhammer 40k universe would probably be a fairly high ranking Imperial Guardsman like Caiphus Caine or Gunnery Seargent Harker or even Guardsman Marbo. They might if they are extremely good and have an intelligence level comparable to that of Lelouch from Code Geass be almost as good as Commander of the Cadians Castellan Creed.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
All of them and none of them.
Comparing the fictional and arbitrary rules of one game's universe (and their characters) to another just results in arbitrary comparisons.

Or in other words: "fan-wankery".

If I were to engage in fan-wankery...off the top of my head is Samus Aran.
Though I'm sure if I gave it some thought, I could find something positively ridiculous.
(Warhammer 40k probably has a few dozen "soldiers" with complete Deus Ex Machina powers)

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Master Chief from Halo.

And I actually despise the character for this reason :p
When a character can be dropped from the upper atmosphere and shrug it off as if it was nothing, then it becomes the superman syndrome of the character being utterly boring due to his invincibility.

I mean jeez, not even a 40k space marine can survive such a drop, so when you start to make 40k look more plausible there really is something wrong.

Doomguy will always take my vote for most badass though, since he doesnt need fancy power armor or genetic modifications to go through litteral hell and not come out insane.

I suppose Samus deserves an honorable mention but like doomguy, she is out of her league when it comes to sheer OPness.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Any of the Primarchs from the various Space Marine Chapters in Warhammer 40k, They are soldiers, very high rank soldiers, but soldiers all the same. They are a step above even Master Chief, created from scratch by the Emperor of Man, equipped with the best armor and weaponry, with a legion of Ten Thousand Space Marines behind them.

At least one of them has personally faced down an Eldar Avatar of Khaine, which is one of the Eldar gods brought into reality, Primarch Horus, faced down an Ork Warboss at the height of a Waaagh! which is when a warboss has his most power due to their, mystical.. "Power", which seems to allow orks to do things normally impossible, like make any of their equipment work.

version4point7

Oct 26, 2013
Jigglypuff: seriously not trolling here, but out of all the these fictional typical masculine characters, getting beat down by jiggly puff in super smash bros is demoralizing and thus dangerous :)

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Master chief, 'nuff said. It's hard to argue with nuclear powered armor and reflexes faster than bullets.

Schmeiser

Nov 21, 2011
Can't believe noone mentioned Big Boss or Solid Snake yet. Great soldiers, pretty smart if they had the gear of any of your chars they would show them how to party

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
All these dumb Mon-keigh and their Space Marines.

Actually I think Space Marines are the best 'soldiers' but only because Eldar are more warriors than soldiers. A slight difference but a difference all the same.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Roofstone said:
I'd say the soldier, is the best soldier. The tf2 soldier that is.

He jumps by shooting a rocket at his feet. I don't even know how he can get air with balls that massive!
On top of that he's also a lawyer, park ranger, priest(in some states) and

A ROBOT

:D