Who is the world's greatest thief (real or fictional)?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Had a funny little thought today about criminals. Almost all of them claim to be the "world's greatest thief" or similar title. But who is actually worthy of that title? Is there one criminal who can unequivocally claim to be the best?

My personal vote goes to none other than the Miss of Misdemeanor, the Lady in Red...
Carmen Sandiego. Seriously, who else could get away with stealing the Great Pyramid?

Your thoughts, Escapists?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Al Capone. Any man who can steal as much as him and get away with it for as long as he did is the best thief ever in my book.

Edit:
Crimson Cade said:
Government
*sigh* I don't know where to begin.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
The worlds greatest thief would probably be a man who no-one has ever heard of or seen, hence the fact that he's a great thief (it kinda defeats the point of being the planet's greatest sneaky bastard if everyone knows who you are and what you look like).

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
zerzxes said:
Bill Gates.... Don't deny, he stole our lives!
That would be Blizzard and WoW.

KillerMidget said:
Britain is, because we stole everyone's countries.

[small]We gave them back in the end...[/small]
Yeah after you killed all their families, friends and everyone they ever knew. Sorry I just had to say that.

OT...
Crimson Cade said:
Government
Yeah this...

cake42

Aug 9, 2009
garret from thief, he could clear out any one of our houses (and possibly kill you) before you even knew you'd been robbed.

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
zerzxes said:
Bill Gates.... Don't deny, he stole our lives!
That would be Blizzard and WoW.
Would theyt had the possibility without Bill Gates? NO! and i don't play WoW and still have very little life but:
Crimson Cade said:
Government
That, just that.... I'm glad i decided to join the youth movment of Norway's leading party :D(im evil!)

May 28, 2009
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
KillerMidget said:
Britain is, because we stole everyone's countries.

[small]We gave them back in the end...[/small]
Yeah after you killed all their families, friends and everyone they ever knew. Sorry I just had to say that.
Theoretically I didn't. Some dead people did.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I'd have to go with Vincenzo Peruggia. He stole the Mona Lisa in 1911, and therefore, he is awesome.