Who is the worst Final Fantasy character ever?

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Personally I cannot decide between Snow from FF 13 because lets face it the guy is a douche. He is the worlds biggest douche. He is a super douche. I f you took all the douches in the world and combined them to create one almighty super douche, Snow would still be more of a douche. He is the king of douche land.

Sorry cot a bit carried away there.

Anyway the other is Hope from the same game. I have never wanted a kid in a game, book, TV show or movie no matter how annoying I have found them to die but Hope words cannot describe how much I wanted that kid to die.

Anyway what do you guys think.

Edit: And Zell from FF 8 he was kind of a dick as well.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
INB4 Cloud Strife and Tidus.

Although I personally liked the former.

Possibly my least favorite FF character would be Rikku from FFX. I don't think I've seen anyone as annoying as she was in a game. Seriously, every time she spoke I found myself saying "Shut up Rikku!"

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
scorptatious said:
Possibly my least favorite FF character would be Rikku from FFX. I don't think I've seen anyone as annoying as she was in a game. Seriously, every time she spoke I found myself saying "Shut up Rikku!"
Oh she's worse in X-2. Much worse...

For me, it's a tough decision because I hate so many. There's Hope, Snow, Vanille, Sahz, Vaan, and Tidus.

Hope: As OP mentioned.

Snow: Also as OP mentioned.

Vanille: The voice acting made me want to strangle her.

Sahz: So crappy of a character.

Vaan: "I'm captain Basch Fon Rosenburg of Dalmasca!"

Tidus: This - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

Sep 17, 2009
Well every final fantasy character from every game is the same just copy and pasted from one generation to the next, so it should be more like "what is the worst Final Fantasy character personality" and in that case I'd have to go with the kooky girl.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
the game is Final Fantasy XIII the character.....Vanille, Vanille, Vanille, Vanille, Vanille, Vanille, Vanille, did I mention Vanille? seriously her voice actress was atrocious and she was just plain annoying

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010
they're all pretty bad; the japanese are terrible writers.

the best character is wakka without a doubt. he was the only character that felt real, and he was voiced by bender bending rodrigez, so you can't say no to that.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
The archetype that I loath? The annoying hyperactive teenage girl archetype. Aka Yuffie, Selphie, Eiko(Not quite a teenager I guess, but I still count her), Rikku(I didn't mind Rikku quite as much mind), Penelo(Sort of. Penelo didn't really get that much screen time actually...) and most recently Vanille.

Not a fan of the twins in FF4, either. Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery had similar twins too. Very annoying.

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
In no particular order:

Rikku: Jailbait with her skin toned pants.

Tidus: Because god forbid a character have subtly and restraint when put into a new world.

Selphie: Whyyyyyyy....

Yuffie: WHYYYYYY....

Quina: Because they couldn't think of anyone or thing else to fill Blue Mage role.

Everyone from FF12 besides Ashe and Basch: Summed up best by the final boss who I won't bother remembering the name of. "Who are you people?" Glad to see the player's role was so vast and world changing.

Everyone from FF13 except Sahz, Lightning, and Hope. Sahz is the only one with emotional depth and real tragedy. Lightning makes the bitches learn respect. And Hope nearly stabbed Snow in the head so that makes up for a lot.

On a completely unrelated note why do the captchas now make us watch 20 second ads for the code?

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
They don't really get annoying until they're voiced. That being said, fucking Tidus. Rikku is just kooky, and I don't mind kooky girls. The whole child crew from fricken IX pissed me off. At least previously everyone was late teens at least, with a few older people tossed in, Zidane and Garnet look like they're 12.

I haven't played XIII, but I can already tell I won't like Hope. The younger males in any form of anime annoy the everliving shit out of me.

EDIT: I just realized something. Quistis and Bayonetta bear a remarkable resemblance, aside from one of them having the proportions of a barbie doll. The faces are quite familiar. I'd hadn't realized it until now(after watching the Bayonetta unskippable, wouldn't spend my money on it)

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
A tie between Squall and Vaan.
Squall because he's just an ass.
Vaan because you could take him out of the story and it wouldn't change anything.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
This is like asking us to pick out which pig in the pen is the dirtiest. It's pretty hard to tell when most of them are awful.

I'd have to ray Rikku though. She's obnoxious, annoying, and worst of all completley inconsequential to the plot. Her character is barely developed and what we do know about her makes me want to punch her in the face. So when she has such a basic personality and is irrelvant to the plot, why bother putting her in? Why sexualization of course! Any character that exists purely for sex appeal is bad, but with Rikku it's even worse becuase she's apparently underage. So not only is the sexual pandering embarrassing but it's also disturbing. And you know, they could have said she was older. There was no reason she had to be underage. Someone on the Square team thought it would be best to have her be jail bait. That is pretty damn creepy.

I'm going to go against the norm and also say that Locke from FF6 was pretty bad to, as he was also damn creepy. Oh sure he seems fine on the surface but then you find out that he's keeping his dead girlfriends corpse preserved in the basement of a batty old man's house. That is fucked up. I don't care if he was only doing that becuase he was trying to get her soul back or something, it's still incredibly creepy.

attackshark said:
they're all pretty bad; the japanese are terrible writers.
That's hardly a fair statement. The Japanese aren't bad writers, Square Enix however is. Unfortunately they are representative of a lot stuff that comes out of Japan nowadays, mainly video games.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
See, I was going to go with Hope. Although he does get better in the game, he never redeems himself in my eyes. Then I saw someone mentioned Vaan. And I went, "Oh, that's right. There's Final Fantasy XII." See, that's how much I hate that game. I forget that it even exists at times (and no, I don't mean that I willingly forget; I mean I plain forget). So it's a toss up between Hope, and the entire cast from XII.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
The angsty lead character that is an emo and looks like a girl. Oh wait...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Truthfully I'd say Tidus, because he just seems like a bit of a douchebag. I don't think he's ever said anything that hasn't made me cringe. I've only really played Final Fantasy X though, and I'm not even very far into it so my opinion of him may change. It is annoying that I seem to like everyone except the guy I'm actually playing as though.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
I'd have to say mine is a toss-up between Eiko, Tidus, or Vanille.

Eiko: She got in the way of my favorite couple in FFIX. And yes, I'm a guy who likes an occasional love story. Besides, the relationship between Zidane and Dagger reminded me of my own relationship.

Tidus: DAT LAUGH. Seriously, do I have to elaborate further?

Vanille: The accent's fluctuation between British and Australian butchered her character for me. Besides, how are you supposed to stay all happy and sugar and rainbows and ponies and friendship and magic if the ENTIRE PLANET'S GOVERNMENT IS COMING APART AT THE SEAMS AND YOUR LIFE IS HANGING BY A THREAD!?