Who is the worst Final Fantasy character ever?

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Kadaj and his gang. Ugh.

Well, that is unless we're only talking about video games here, but whatever.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
Vaan. he's basically like 'i wanna be a sky pirate!... save the world? meh i'll come for the lulz.' at least Snow is trying to do something to help because he wants to. still a douche...

G Skunk

Apr 19, 2010
Cloud, truly the Edward Cullen of gaming.

Special mention goes to Sephiroth, with the killing of Aeris being the only cool thing he's ever done.

GAWDS I'm sick of hearing about them...

MCDeltaT

Aug 18, 2009
Quina

Seriously I can only think of one thing s/he/ did in that entire game (Finding Fossil Roo). Although it is sad that Quina and Quale appear to be the last of their kind.

thelawgiver

Jun 6, 2011
Vanille, by a hair. The voice-acting was atrocious, and the game itself wasn't much better. Everything about her character in particular was just...awful. Hope is a very, very close second. Everything about him was pathetic. He is a combination of the worst qualities of Vaan (shrimpy/insignificant) and Cloud (whiny/self-loathing).

Cait Sith also sucks pretty hardcore.

Firefly131

Feb 8, 2010
Malo_Tux said:
Squall... all he does is *****, whine, and moan
I quite liked Squall. After being left behind all his life you could see why he was some sort of misanthrope. Sure he was dick but he had a reason for hating people and not trusting but he still wanted to be liked. I know i'm a minority but I liked VIII and was my first brush with FF and has a special place in my heart.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Hope is the single biggest douche I have had the displeasure of meeting in any FF game - he takes the cake, the prize, and the boot to the head! (would be a bullet if they'd let me)

Edit: You all reminded me that Vaan was a close second - they both need a good boot to the head!

Luthir Fontaine

Oct 16, 2010
O god thats hard most of FF cast are annoying as hell.....prob hope I lost a battle just to see him die:)

The thing is, as in most JRPGs the cast is just fucking awful they cant make people who wouldnt want to slam in a locker.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I personally didn't like all of the FF XII cast. They all look... well... kind of same. Plus, their storylines and dialogues are blank, empty.
And I also don't like Hope and Vanille from FF XIII. Vanille is simply dull, and Hope has not very good weapon aesthetically wise, his character is bad (another litlle bitchy kid) and his looks are to darn feminine.

And about Rikku & Tidus from FFX, since they are getting a great ammount of dislike here:
I don't know how they made it, but Rikku is the only litlle-cheerfull-blondie girl in gaming industry, that not only I did not dislike, but even had a bit of liking towards.
And Tidus...Okay, can't say anything about his looks, he really does look kind of crappy, but about his character: he is not a douchebag, he is just too darn proud of himself in the beginning, he changes later. Plus his overdrives are mighty fine.
Oh,yeah, laugh... Well, it was supposed to be stupid, because it's a fake laugh.

Luthir Fontaine

Oct 16, 2010
believer258 said:
Aerith

I've never played a Final Fantasy game all the way through, but it seems like Hope, Yuffie, and Snow are catching a lot of flak.

By the way, I'm guessing Lightning is one of the better characters? So far she seems like the only voiced female character who isn't universally hated. What's so different about her?
O sweet lord shes horrible.. First she plays the standard "Ice *****" then a quater into the game she just flips and even says im another person. People would ***** about her if it wasnt for Hope whinning or Snows near legendary douchbagge skills

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
thelawgiver said:
Vanille, by a hair. The voice-acting was atrocious, and the game itself wasn't much better. Everything about her character in particular was just...awful. Hope is a very, very close second. Everything about him was pathetic. He is a combination of the worst qualities of Vaan (shrimpy/insignificant) and Cloud (whiny/self-loathing).

Cait Sith also sucks pretty hardcore.
Sad thing is Cait Sith is among the most reasonable people in all the FF games. I like how he finally called out the elephant of the room that is Barret being a terrorist who killed hundreds of people. Hell when I think about it, Barret destroying that reactor probably killed more then anything Sephiroth did.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
While I haven't played any game past 10, I can't bare to think how they'd make a more anoying character than Tidus, I really hate that guy.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hope, I hate him, he's such a whiny little *****.

He makes me want to punt a kitten off a cliff.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Hope. The constantly moaning, annoying character. But when there's a monster around, suddenly he has a boomerang!
Although Tidus was pretty bad too, mainly because I only learned that he was a guy about an hour in.