Who is the worst Final Fantasy character ever?

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
Cloud was awesome in the original FFVII. But he is represented as SUCH a ***** in Advent Children and stuff.

I guess Vanille is the obvious choice, but most of the cast FFXIII are shit. The cast of FFVIII did my head in too.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Snow? He doesn't even come close, I was actually happy that at least in the beginning of FF13, Snow wasn't a brooding asshole punktard. For me, it's between...

Tidus (voice actor, really), Quina, Vanille, or Ashe.

I despise all of them for one reason or another, but actually...I would like to nominate this asshole above all of those:

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/6/67/NerotheSable_Doc.png

No...just....no.
This is Nomura trying WAY too hard to make another Sephiroth.
He's a creepy asshole wearing a straight jacket and what looks like a jock-strap on his face.
His attitude is the usual pseudo-emo I'm-darkness bullshit, he shows just a little too much love for his brother Weiss at the end (that's how many Squeenix characters named after the color White now?) and his very existence makes him a literal walking plot-hole.

At least Tidus's (shitty) story and background was unique. Nero is nothing more than a bunch of walking cliche's made to appeal to 14 year old Sephiroth fans that have been Frankensteined together, and I find that even more insulting in an already horrid game.

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
The entire cast of Final fantasys 9(with the expection of Vivi)and X2 i'd like to put down 13 from what i've seen and heard of it but have yet to play it(which isn't likely to change) so i can only bad mouth it so much.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
So little love for Hope here... that saddens me.

OT: My least favourite character is Quistis from Final Fantasy 8. It's weird, I don't know why I don't like here she just always pissed me off. Annoying that Final Fantasy 8 contains my least favourite character of the series, as well as 2 of my favourites ever (Irvine and Seifer, fyi)

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
The worst antagonists are in Final Fantasy Tactics. All of them are dicks. I'd have to say Dycedarg was the worst though.

In terms of protagonists, Hope pre-Alexander. He has a good reason to be upset and his character is realistic, but it's just annoying. His character is genuinely likable after he gets his eidolon thankfully.

attackshark said:
they're all pretty bad; the japanese are terrible writers.
Hah, okay then. Maybe I'd believe you more if Bethesda was a Japanese company.

(It could also be a bad translation if the thought ever crossed your mind)

Nautical Honors Society said:
No thank you, I stand by what I said and you couldn't pay me to play all those games.
In your defense, I, II, and III have no character development, and V is generic. Final Fantasy Tactics is better than any of those.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Lol you literally chose the best known character from the whole FF series. How could you not love him though he's like an innocent child.

GreatTeacherCAW said:
SamuelT said:
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Vivi from FF9. And pretty much the entire cast of FF9. And pretty much the entire cast of every FF game. Almost all of them are whiney little bitches. Even the supposed "tough" guys come off as cry-babies with deeper voices. FF12 probably had the most likable cast.
Wha? FF9? What was wrong with 'em?
I just hated how they all looked. With a passion.
And even though they're just characters it's shallow of you to just go off their looks.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
All the characters in FF12. Except balthier and Reddas. Those two ruled.

Quina... yeah.

Rimefrost

Mar 30, 2009
Honestly I had no problem with any of the main cast from FF13, even Vanille.

As far as playable characters go though my least favorite is Gau from FF6. He talked in the broken "jungle boy" way of always saying "me" or his name instead of "I" and he had like no tie into the plot at all. He was just there... Not only that, but you could not even control him in battle...

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Too annoying overall: Vaan

And a little more specific:

Too whiny and emo: Squall
Too irritatingly hyper: Selphie
Too insufferably stupid: Hope
Too much of a douche: Snow

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Well every final fantasy character from every game is the same just copy and pasted from one generation to the next, so it should be more like "what is the worst Final Fantasy character personality" and in that case I'd have to go with the kooky girl.
How many Final Fantasy games have you played again?
10, 13, and 7. Only owned 10 and that was enough for me. Dot get defensive haha you know it's true.
That's exactly what I assumed. 7, 10 and 13 is not "every game".
It's enough. I stand by my statement. Their personalities are just copy pasted from one game to the next.
No, no it isn't enough. You've played three of the games, and not any of the good ones. This is a game I have been playing since I was 6 years old and you sir, have no a fucking clue of what you speak.

Good fail to you.
Haha alright man didn't know you'd get so offended. Sure, sure maybe in wrong. But I just highly doubt it.
Come back after you play 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9
No thank you, I stand by what I said and you couldn't pay me to play all those games.
Well then it's just as I said, you really have no idea what you're talking about, and you're just spewing misinformation. Either that, or a troll.

redrefugee

Dec 8, 2010
The worst (in order)
1. Vanille (please kill her off)
2. Hope (please kill him off)
3. Vaan(WHY? This game would have been 50* better if he wasn't in it and they wouldnt need to replace him or his dialogue)
4. Tidus
5. Snow

The rest (in no particular order)
Fang
Cait Sith
Lightning
Wakka (he just annoyed me and I also hated his weapon)
Sazh (he is the only character in XIII that I came anywhere close to liking but his constant moaning about how old he is finally turned me against him. Reminds me of the the women from Dragon age, whatever her name was)
Penelo (pointless)
Quistis + Irvine (Just there to make up the numbers)
Yuffie
Gau

EDIT: forgot Quina

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
redrefugee said:
The worst (in order)

Who comes to a fight with a Marlboro wearing sandals and throwing a soccer ball anyway??

redrefugee

Dec 8, 2010
Cridhe said:
redrefugee said:
The worst (in order)

Who comes to a fight with a Marlboro wearing sandals and throwing a soccer ball anyway??
At least one of his basketballs was spiked, how on earth can you throw that thing without puncturing your hand or throwing at about 1 foot?? I don't recall him wearing a protective glove on his throwing hand!

Sep 17, 2009
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Well every final fantasy character from every game is the same just copy and pasted from one generation to the next, so it should be more like "what is the worst Final Fantasy character personality" and in that case I'd have to go with the kooky girl.
10, 13, and 7. Only owned 10 and that was enough for me. Dot get defensive haha you know it's true.
It's enough. I stand by my statement. Their personalities are just copy pasted from one game to the next.
No, no it isn't enough. You've played three of the games, and not any of the good ones. This is a game I have been playing since I was 6 years old and you sir, have no a fucking clue of what you speak.

Good fail to you.
Haha alright man didn't know you'd get so offended. Sure, sure maybe in wrong. But I just highly doubt it.
Well then it's just as I said, you really have no idea what you're talking about, and you're just spewing misinformation. Either that, or a troll.
It's my opinion dude. All I am saying is that FF tends to have niche personality roles filled by certain characters. The light-hearted fearless leader, the kooky little girl, the ethnic guy, the soft yet assured female love interest, the badass chick with a dark past, and the thickheaded guy with the soft side.

I am neither trolling nor misinformed, I just have an opinion you don't like.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
Rinoa; FF VIII. I rather liked the game, but I just didn't like her. She was annoying. The only reason I believed that romance between Squall and Rinoa is because Squall cared so deeply for her, so it was hard not to be affected. Rinoa, on the other hand, just felt like someone who wanted to be loved, and had no love to give back. Even her feelings for Seifer seemed fake -- again, Seifer cared much more for her than she for him. She's just a young, immature girl -- just like her father said -- and, really, an attention whore. Worse than Selphie. Because at least Selphie was obviously written to be silly and immature. Plus, after visiting Trabia, following the missile launch, Selphie has a moment to really shine as a strong character. Rinoa, on the other hand, has no moment. She was constantly a damsel-in-distress; a weak woman that pretended to be passionate and heartfelt and deep, when really, she's a shallow puddle of a girl.

Ugh. Rinoa. Bleh.

Belvadier

May 17, 2009
Stopped playing after FFX but I'd have to say Wakka. I mean really...he fought with what was basically a volleyball and just generally did not fit in with the game or anything else for that matter...

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.
It's my opinion dude. All I am saying is that FF tends to have niche personality roles filled by certain characters. The light-hearted fearless leader, the kooky little girl, the ethnic guy, the soft yet assured female love interest, the badass chick with a dark past, and the thickheaded guy with the soft side.

I am neither trolling nor misinformed, I just have an opinion you don't like.
As long as you understand just how uninformed and uneducated your opinion is, that's fine. I've been playing Final Fantasy since I was 6 years old and your opinion is utterly and factually wrong, that's not an opinion.

I go to three restaurants that serve the same style nachos, so OBVIOUSLY in my opinion the entire menu is the same everywhere. Give me a break dude.