Who is your favorite Pokemon?

Jan 18, 2012
Gen 1. Charizard. My starter the first time I played Red version was Charmander and I haven't regretted it at all. When I heard that you could pick a Kanto starter in X/Y, I knew exactly who it was going to be. Now Iroh (and his Y mega form) is one of my strongest pokemon

Gen 2. Houndoom. I thought this was one of the coolest looking pokemon of that generation. Even though you couldn't get them until way, way later in G/S/C, they were well worth the wait. When they expanded the pokedex in Platinum to include these guys, Houndoom has always been my go to fire type in that game (unless I choose Chimchar).

Gen 3. Gardevior. Another pokemon that a pain in the ass to find, tricky to raise, but is so worth the effort. A soild psychic type with a great movepool that compliments their high special attack.

Gen 4. Garchomp. I freaking LOVE this pokemon! This is the kind of pokemon that you love to use, but hate having to fight in battle. A massive attack stat combined with a powerful movepool are some of the reasons it got banned in official tournaments. Combined with its Mega form, it even sends Fairy types running for cover

Gen 5. Chandelure. A very unusual pokemon with a creepy pokedex entry (it basically eats your soul to power its fire) This Ghost/Fire type is a really powerful special attacker. Its speed kind of sucks, but give it Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Calm Mind and you've got a force to be reckoned with.

Gen 6. Greninja. A pretty popular choice, but for a good reason. This thing is wicked fast with a great special attack stat and good move to back it up. This thing singlehandedly swept a gym leader and 2 Elite 4 members for me. While the tongue-scarf may look a bit weird, its skill in battle is enough to overlook it.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Umbreon and Espeon were always my faves. Proved so illusive and hard to get for me. Almost got some traded to me but he pulled out last minute.

Eventually realised how to get them and was a very happy boy

Jun 26, 2009
My favourites are my favourites for various reasons, mostly personal experience. I won't detail most of them too much.

Gen 1: Cloyster. Alright, Cloyster may not have the best design. It's a spikey Oyster with a face, go figure. I like it because of my personal experience in Pokemon PvP. The times I've had a Cloyster sweep, because of Focus Sash/Shell Smash/Skill Link/Icicle Spear, filled me with joy. I like Skill Link stuff, go figure. Honourable mention, Blastoise.

Gen 2: Slowking. I like Kings, the design of them and medieval stuff in general, and I like the idea of something 'stupid' becoming something smart. Honourable mention, Phanpy.

Gen 3: Grovyle. Not Sceptile, Grovyle. There are several reasons for this. One being the design, the other being the Grovyle character in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It ain't the best character, but it's one that stuck in my memories. Probably my favourite character in the Pokemon franchise. Honourable mention, Aggron.

Gen 4: Togekiss. Cute-looking thing, I like the design. That's... Pretty much it. Honourable mention, Empoleon.

Gen 5: Escavalier. I like the Knight/Bug design, and as I said with Slowking I like medieval-like things. Bug and Steel have also been types I've been fond of. Honourable mention, Galvantula.

Gen 6: Pangoro. It's a badass Panda that fights dirty but has a heart of gold. And is probably, considering the fact it can learn Comet Punch and Arm Thrust, a direct reference to Jotaro Kujo. How could I not like it. Honourable mention, Aeigislash.

Out of all of them? Grovyle.

Cobalt180

Jun 15, 2010
One from each generation? That's a tough question. My favorites tend to be rock/ground/steel types, with a few exceptions.

My favorites would be:

1st Gen: Nidoking
2nd Gen: Tyranitar
3rd Gen: Aggron
4th Gen: Bastiodon
5th Gen: Volcorona
6th Gen: Zygarde

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
Haunter. It's so fantastic, I played through Gen 2, named it Black Fog (from the (one of) manga) and let it lead my team :3 Things got wrecked when it learned Dream Eater xD

Also, it's incredibly disturbing. It stalks people and licks them, if you get licked, you'll start to sweat and convulse until you die from it... I don't remember Haunter being this awesome when I was a kid =P ("Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes.") And it probably feeds on the souls of humans or life energy or something.

Honorable mentions:
Blaziken, any pokémon that can solo all of Sapphire deserves "praise" =P (and 'Sky Uppercut' is an amazing name for a move)
Gardevoir, because Gardevoir can wreck anything with psychic (and she (mine was female) could learn a lot of different type TMs)
Kyogre, I like it.
Feraligatr, It's a huge crocodile and I love reptiles (I was weird as a child...still am =P)

Aaaand a bunch of others =P

Captcha: "what is for dinner"...oddly fitting (it's...YOU! *lick*)

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Malbourne said:
Sorry about this but as RA92 says "I like your format and I'm going to steal in entirely."
Gen 1: Arcanine: Arcanine has been a favourite for a long time. While a rarely actually use this guy (on account of the fact that in any gen that allows you to catch growlithe, I will manage to buy the version that doesn't have them wild), I have always loved his design and look. I don't really care about battling other people (there will probably be one or more pokemon on this list that people will think are too weak) so I don't really care that there are pokemon who could fill his role better. I will complain that I don't like his shiny form though.

[hr]

Gen 2: Lugia: I blame the movie for this one. Lugia being able to talk along with a decent movie charmed my childish self and that love has never really faded. Aeroblast is also a pretty cool move too (I really like the movie version, again). I think the little anime arc helped as well. Baby lugia was just adorable.

[hr]

Gen 3: Rayquaza: Two legendaries? Well that isn't good. Anyway, Rayquaza has been a huge favourite of mine for a long time. Ever since I stumbled up Sky Pillar with absolutely no clue about what was up there, I have loved it. Capturing it was one of the biggest highlights I had in gen 3 and pretty much became my go to pokemon simply because I liked it so much. The shiny form looks brilliant and I even have fond memories of fighting it in both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger.

[hr]

Gen 4: Luxray: Luxray has pretty much remained a favourite of mine throughout the gen 4 games and I really like his entire evolutionary line really. I find Shinx cute and Luxio, while not exactly a favourite of mine still looks good to me. I also get a good laugh out of getting a Shinx with Intimidate scaring things like Onix or Gyarados. I restarted Diamond twice and failed to keep him from being a mainstay and he was a mainstay in Platinum as well. I just love his design and he is a really tough pokemon in my book. I just enjoy training them and love imagining how it fights in my game battles. A good number of attempts have been made to use other pokemon, none succeeded.

I just find him so simple to use and train, not mention so easily available that I can't not love him. I'm not entirely sure about the shiny state though. I think that the yellow is a bit too bright on him. Oh well, normal looks fine too.

[hr]

Well, that's that. I only really played up to gen 4 and these aren't all my favourites from those gens.
Honourable mentions to:
Starmie, Muk, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Deoxys, Glalie, Manaphy, Giratina, Shaymin, Glaceon, Froslass, Electivire, Garchomp and Darkrai.

Finally

Edit: Nobody saw that.

Keith Bolender

Sep 16, 2014
Gen 1: This is the hardest generation for me to pick a favorite from since I grew up with and love a lot of these Pokemon. When it comes down to it my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon has to be Nidoking. You can get it as early as Mt. Moon and once it's on your team it's GG bro. Honorable mention: Charizard, Scyther, Gyarados, Pidgeot, Raichu, Arcanine and Rhydon. Dishonorable mention: Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Clefairy, Clefable and Chansey. Pink blobs that are ultimately not that useful other than being tanky.
Gen 2: This is also a tough decision for me for the same reason as Gen 1. However, there is one Pokemon that seems to stand above the rest for me here. That Pokemon is Scizor. They took one of my favorites from Gen 1, gave it a new typing, and made it an unstoppable force of terror and destruction! Honorable mention: Crobat, Heracross, Typhlosion and Houndoom. Dishonorable mention: Dunsparce (I spent so much time on it before I found out it didn't evolve) and fucking Miltank...I think you know why.
Gen 3: This is a tie between two starters. Blaziken and Swampert FTW!
Gen 4: Honestly my least favorite generation of all of them, and I don't think I'm the only one. But goddamnit I love Luxray. It's just all that is badass. Honorable mention: Weavile, Infernape and Empoleon. Dishonorable mention: the surfing speed and Barry. Fuck that guy.
Gen 5: I feel like Gen 4 and 5 are the least memorable. But, my favorite Pokemon in the entire series was introduced in Black and White. It's mothafuckin' Braviary! Murrika! Honorable mention: Hydreigon, Haxorus, Volcorona and Samurott. Dishonorable mention: Those goddamn elemental monkeys. Who thought that shit was a good idea?
Gen 6: This is an easy choice. When I was a little kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs and I so badly wanted a T-Rex. Well we got one here. All hail your T-Rex overlord! Tyrantrum is too cool. Honorable mention: Talonflame, Heliolisk, Pyroar and Greninja. Dishonorable mention: The stupid pink blob fairy Pokemon that were introduced. I hate them...so...much.

Keith Bolender

Sep 16, 2014
Gen 1: This is the hardest generation for me to pick a favorite from since I grew up with and love a lot of these Pokemon. When it comes down to it my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon has to be Nidoking. You can get it as early as Mt. Moon and once it's on your team it's GG bro. Honorable mention: Charizard, Scyther, Gyarados, Pidgeot, Raichu, Arcanine and Rhydon. Dishonorable mention: Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Clefairy, Clefable and Chansey. Pink blobs that are ultimately not that useful other than being tanky.
Gen 2: This is also a tough decision for me for the same reason as Gen 1. However, there is one Pokemon that seems to stand above the rest for me here. That Pokemon is Scizor. They took one of my favorites from Gen 1, gave it a new typing, and made it an unstoppable force of terror and destruction! Honorable mention: Crobat, Heracross, Typhlosion and Houndoom. Dishonorable mention: Dunsparce (I spent so much time on it before I found out it didn't evolve) and fucking Miltank...I think you know why.
Gen 3: This is a tie between two starters. Blaziken and Swampert FTW!
Gen 4: Honestly my least favorite generation of all of them, and I don't think I'm the only one. But goddamnit I love Luxray. It's just all that is badass. Honorable mention: Weavile, Infernape and Empoleon. Dishonorable mention: the surfing speed and Barry. Fuck that guy.
Gen 5: I feel like Gen 4 and 5 are the least memorable. But, my favorite Pokemon in the entire series was introduced in Black and White. It's mothafuckin' Braviary! Murrika! Honorable mention: Hydreigon, Haxorus, Volcorona and Samurott. Dishonorable mention: Those goddamn elemental monkeys. Who thought that shit was a good idea?
Gen 6: This is an easy choice. When I was a little kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs and I so badly wanted a T-Rex. Well we got one here. All hail your T-Rex overlord! Tyrantrum is too cool. Honorable mention: Talonflame, Heliolisk, Pyroar and Greninja. Dishonorable mention: The stupid pink blob fairy Pokemon that were introduced. I hate them...so...much.

MintSM

Aug 16, 2014

3 Reasons: 1. I can feel completely justify nicknaming him Po. 2. I love how the design of a bear mixed with a bancho. Look at that bitchin' longcoat-thing. 3. I love bears. Because.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Squirtle.

Psyduck's a close second for being a character I could easily relate to in the TV series.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Overall favorite is probably Bisharp, but as for each gen:
Gen 1: Slowbro
Gen 2: Suicune
Gen 3: Mightyena
Gen 4: Luxray
Gen 5: Bisharp
Gen 6: Noivern

Not particularly unique I guess, sans slowbro maybe, but hey. I honestly rarely even decided on particular favorite from each gen, so these are more just what I'm into at this exact moment of posting rather than alltime favorites, excluding Bisharp. Gen 5 had a lot of pokemon that I might consider to be favorites to be honest.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Zigzagoon followed closely by Bidoof.
Funny thing is that these answers started as a joke but over time, say something enough times, you know?
Now I have a real love for the ol' Normal types.
I beheld this champion of men and Bidoof alike with my own two bespectacled eyes at SakuraCon earlier this year and HOLY S**T, what a man.

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009

Yeah, it's completely terrible in battle, but if I could have any video game animal as a pet, it'd be a Skitty.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Mewtwo has been my favourite ever since I played Blue/Yellow. Not just because he's crazy powerful, but more because he's the only pokemon I know of that has a birthday, and it happens to be the same as mine.