Who is your favourite video game character?

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
Close one...

John Marsden - Red Dead
Captain Price - Modern Warfare
Guybrush Threepwood - Monkey Island

Olivia Faraday

Mar 30, 2011
ABLb0y said:
Tie between Vanille from FFXIII and Garcia Fucking Hotspur from Shadows of the Damned.
Aw, someone else who likes Vanille. A+, buddy. The annoying cutesy gasping moe-ness she projects is just an intentional facade to conceal her true nature as a complex and guilt-tortured pathological liar. Vanille is the best iteration of that trope ever. Shame people only see the surface and bash on it all the time.

My favourite would be a pretty close tie between Wynne from Dragon Age: Origins and Ashe from Final Fantasy 12. I like Wynne because she's different from the usual wise mentor character, spunky and spirited and teasing. She's not played 100% straight and I feel she's actually what an older female character should be like instead of just adhering to one narrow trope. And Ashe is just such a stoic, calm, ladylike badass. I admire her choices to carve out her own path instead of following someone else's.

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
Barda236 said:
Balthier from Final Fantasy 12.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and agree with that. He was just about everything you want from a male character. He had swagger, style, attitude, skill, a way with words and a way with the ladies (that didn't make him sexist). He was calm, calculated badass and he rocked!

Besides, any pirate that could get someone like Fran to follow him has GOT to have been doing multiple things right.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Chalk up another vote for Kyle Katarn. I bet he's not even really a Jedi. The Force just wanted to be close to him.

zombiestrangler

Sep 3, 2009
I'd have to say either Joshua Graham or Victor Reznov. Both would probably be the kind of guys that would have "Bad Motherf*cker" sewn onto their wallets if they had them; although, Graham's a religious man so it'd probably be, "I kick ass for the Lord."

Or the Sniper from TF2. I don't know, he seems like a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything.

OutofMind634

Apr 28, 2010
1. Ezio Auditore de Firenze - Assassin's Creed 2
2. John Marston - Red Dead Redemption
3. Garrus Vakarian - ME
4. Alessa Gillespie - Silent Hill
5. Jack - ME2

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Kyle1527 said:
I'm just going to start by saying you can only select canon video game characters, not self made characters in RPGs. I've got to say that the most badass and probably the best character in video games is Ezio from Assasins Creed, I mean he single handedly managed to kill The Pope and kill tons of Borgia guards and also Cesare all while wearing his badass armour. Im pretty sure no one can best that.

Also I bet half of the people posting are going to choose Gordon Freeman - but I've got no idea why people even think he's such a great character.
Ill agree with you on Ezio but for slightly different reasons, Ezio's such a great character because of his tragic backstory, raised as a Florentine nobleman, living the good life when suddenly his life is turned upside down when his family is framed for a conspiracy and his father and two brothers are killed, he then dedicates the next 22 years of his life to hunting down and killing the men responsible for his familys death. This sounds understandably badass but then when you think about it, Ezio's had a terrible life, and then when he finally thinks it all over and he can finally move on and live life, his home is destroyed and his uncle, is killed at the hands of the Borgia.
You see Ezio turn from a carefree young man into an Assassin that exemplifies the Creed, and yet its a life he didnt want, and throughout it all, all the killing and pain hasnt broken him, or twisted him into a monster, he remains a good man, who cares deeply for those around him.

And that your honour is why Ezio Auditore da Firenze is my most favourite character from any game ever

EDIT:
Kingjackl said:
Definately John Marston. Likeable, badass, heroic, a Western gunslinger with a unique backstory...what's not to love?
Damn how could I forget John? Must be all the Assassins Creed ive been playing lately, John ties with Ezio, im not gonna write out another wall of text explaining why though

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
Ezio Auditore da Firenze is my favorite video game character. I liked him in Assassin's Creed 2, and then in Brotherhood, when I finished the last of the repressed memories... I was utterly blown away. He's had to face a lot of dark things in his life, but he stays strong. It's also really cool to watch him grow throughout all 3 games, going from a little teenage douche (lol) to the grizzled old badass he is in Revelations. But seriously, the Christina missions in Brotherhood were my favorite part of that game. If anyone has not done those missions, I highly, highly recommend that you do.

Excelcior

Aug 10, 2008
Easy, it's Ganondorf [http://www.zeldawiki.org/Ganondorf].

Over the course of the series, he fought a kingdom that pushed his people into a barren wasteland after a war, and controlled said kingdom at least four times. He knows and that to gain power one must focus on many aspects of it (he's brilliant tactician, a strong warrior AND a powerful warlock). He's got style, both in clothing [http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/a/a4/Crayganondorf.png] and music [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4h1gcCMBc]. He's one of the most honourable villains around, contrary to what most say. But most importantly, he never gives up. He's been beaten many times, but he always comes back, overcoming petrification, being sealed in another dimension, and even taking a sword to the chest while strapped to a rock, defencelessly. While the hero and the princess are reincarnations each time, he is always the same person. Even though a kid in a skirt and a pwetty pwincess keep thwarting his plans, he keeps going.

That is determination.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Kyle1527 said:
I'm just going to start by saying you can only select canon video game characters, not self made characters in RPGs. I've got to say that the most badass and probably the best character in video games is Ezio from Assasins Creed, I mean he single handedly managed to kill The Pope and kill tons of Borgia guards and also Cesare all while wearing his badass armour. Im pretty sure no one can best that.
Ezio didn't kill the pope, Cesare did.

Kyle1527 said:
Also I bet half of the people posting are going to choose Gordon Freeman - but I've got no idea why people even think he's such a great character.
don't start a thread asking what peoples favourite characters are, then slag off said character, everones allowed their choice.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Probably Link or 'Charlie' as I always name him. He is just so open that you can pretty much project yourself onto him something I've always found hard with male characters.

I like the Skyward Sword dialogue options too, to vary his attitude between asshole, derp and hero, that was unexpected and cool.

JabberBabyWocky

Jun 17, 2011
In no particular order...
1) the spy - TF2
2) the engie - TF2
3) wrex - Mass effect
4) garrus - mass effect
5) big daddy - bioshock
6) atlas/fontaine - bioshock
7) glados - portal
8) capt price - modern warfare
9) soap - modern warfare
10) marcus - gears of war

theres soooo many others,but id say thats my top 10

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Here's a rundown of my top ones, because choosing makes me feel guilty (in no particular order)

-A wizard from Magicka. Seriously, any wizard.
-Mastercheif or Noble 6.
-Batman.
-The agent from crackdown 2.
-Rayman.
-Link.
-Samus Aran.

AND MANY MORE!

Corrigan86

Oct 24, 2011
How about George Stobbart from the Broken Sword games? Great combination of humour, sarcasm and detective skills.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Probably Cid from FF7.

weker said:
Francis York Morgan, everyone of his little quirks and such are so dam interesting... dam want to play deadly prem again.
Dfskelleton said:
...Francis York Morgan...
Please, just call him York, that's what everyone calls him...

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Mordekaiser es numer uno

HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE

Foxtrotk72

Feb 27, 2010
Man this is a hard one too many choices for me oh well I guess I have to settle for 3

1. Augustus Cole
2. Garrus
3. Fox Mccloud

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Everyone in 9 persons 9 hours 9 doors, I finally got the real ending last night and loved every second of it, even the puzzles I had to go through 3/4 times.