Who is your favourite video game character?

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
The Pinray said:
If you're looking for something more modern I'd say Marcus Fenix. He's been broken so much that the only thing holding him together is the gruff exterior he puts up to keep everyone (especially Anya) away. And whenever the cracks show, (especially when Carlos died) it's a powerful thing. And the worst part is everyone that truly knows him know it's just a front to hide himself, but they let him be to protect him. I feel for Marcus. I've known people like him.

Also, please read the damn books before you jump on the "he has no character" bandwagon. He really does.
I'm so happy to see someone else has read the books and actually knows that Marcus is a proper character and not just a hulking slab of meat.

For my choice it comes down to either Bernie Mataki from Gears or Tali from Mass effect. Both kickass characters in my opinion.

Captain Sock

Dec 19, 2011
Oooh, that's a tough question. I could never pick just the one, so here is a list at the top of my head;

The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3
Jade from Beyond Good and Evil
Varric, Isabela, Anders, Merrill, Alistair, Zevran and Leliana from the Dragon Age series.
Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3.
Balthier from FFXII.
James from Fallout 3, mostly because he's voiced by Liam Neeson. I could listen to that man talk forever.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
From the fun perspective i did chose Caleb from Blood, who is a undead cowboy that kills anything in its path while snarking and laughing like a maniac all the way to the end.

From the character study perspective, it will be Kain from Legacy of Kain series, building up an empire of vampires to take over the world but saving it first to prove that he has all the rights to be above all else is pretty badass. Lets not forget that he has to do it while fighting omniscient enemies that can bend the laws of reality and see all the timelines ..............and he still wins by screwing destiny and everyone else.

scoopz

Sep 15, 2011
I like Wrex and Tali from ME. I always had them on my squad.

But to move away from ME, I'd say Gordon Freeman as well.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
ABLb0y said:
Tie between Vanille from FFXIII and Garcia Fucking Hotspur from Shadows of the Damned.
You have no idea how happy it makes me to see someone else who enjoyed Vanille. She was such a wonderful character.

My favorite character in any game ever is Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2. She's such a sweetheart, but she doesn't turn the dial so far up that she becomes saccharine.

amppi1236

Jul 27, 2009
My vote goes to everyone's favorite Freelance Police duo of Sam & Max!

I mean, seriously, how can you NOT like these two?
It's a huge shame Telltale quit making more seasons...

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
Ezio Auditore da Firenze, 'cuz he's awesome.
Cole Phelps, 'cuz he's also awesome.
Vito Scaletta, 'cuz he's awesome as well.
Batman, 'cuz he's fucking Batman.

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
Commander Shepard is mine! Never before have I managed to make a character that should be inherently good, since he's saving the world, look like such a bastard.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Dante. Uncle Dante to be specific. He's just as badass and ssstylish as in the other games, but he is also a goof in that game.

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
So basically your asking me to pick to pick which character is my favourite out of the entire TF2 cast?

Oh my! I don't believe I can!

s2dio

May 21, 2008
"Raziel" from The Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver. He's like "Blade", just WAY more pissed off, and lacking in the jaw department. The arc between Kain and him is still probably my favourite "I'm your father" deals from all of gaming. I'm still trying to find playable copies of all the games.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Tommy Angelo from Mafia and the Prince from Sands of Time. Both get royally fucked, so them being so likable - and so believably human - makes them doubly pitiable.

I like Vito (Mafia 2) a lot as well; people say he's too 'robotic' compared to Joe, but then that is rather the point.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Oh god...this is totally a sophie's choice type of question...

Um....

I'd have to go with either Francis from L4D or Ness from Earthbound.

Francis because I share his hatred of almost anything that is found within a zombie apocalypse.

Ness because he beats hippies.

With a bat.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Scar from S.t.a.l.k.e.r Clear sky. He was so-badass. And old. Which being old and shooting up stuff is cool.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
KefkaCultist said:
*looks at username* Yeah... It's Kefka...

I admire him because he knows how to get stuff done. He's not afraid to do whats necessary to achieve his goals and it shows. I mean, what other Final Fantasy villain can say that they successfully destroyed the world AND became a god. Lil' Sephy came close until he got cut down by mr. spikyhair and two friends, whereas It took FOUR people (one of which being half esper mind you) to stop Kefka and only after it was too late.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's FFVI spoilers in this post.
words can not discribe my hate for Kefka the basterd clown...........

OT: Loyd Irving tales of symphonia. hes just really really good. i mean he goes out to help his friends and when the plot twist happens he refuses to accept it and just beats the crap out of the people who do.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
Ezio Auditore, Isaac Clarke, Adam Jensen?

I guess any lead character that's actually a character and not just a vehicle for the player.