Who makes the best DLC?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Pielikey said:
I second this. I've only paid for one DLC and I felt ripped off, so Valve are definitely my vote.
I've paid for two... the Gears of War 2 All Fronts Pack which was completely worth it, and the the Borderlands Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and it was also worth it. Oh, and some Rock Band songs. But yeah out of all of those, the Team Fortress 2 updates are always great and the Left 4 Dead DLC has always been fun.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Xzi said:
My vote goes to nobody, because DLC needs to die in a fire. Bring back expansions.
Agreed. DLC encourages horse armor. Expansions ecourage Brood War, The Frozen Throne, good stuff

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
Vavle...i love me my TF2 updates...also i don't think it counts as DLC but they are updating all their old games from the 2000's onto the 2009 OB engine and i love them for it.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
I would vote for Bethesda like everyone else, but Rockstar's DLCs so far have been massive expansions in content, and quite excellent to boot.

Honorable mention: Gearbox has done a pretty great job with Borderlands IMO, I can only hope to see more from them in the future.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
If not for the bugs in all their products I'd say Bethesda.

Instead, I love Gearbox for all the Borderlands DLC. Hoping for even better stuff in Borderlands 2

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
Bethesda.

I loved all the F3 DLC.

Most otehr DLC i've played has been crappy.
Seconded, I loved 4 of the 5 Fallout 3 DLCs, althought Mothershit Zeta was awful.

Shivering Isles and Mehrune's Razor were also great little adventures.

EinTheCorgi

Jun 6, 2010
bethesda hell mayrunes razor was just like here have a bunch of really really nice stuff for like 5 bucks.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Im loving the Gearbox DLC at the moment, perfect tie-ins, and when you purchase all three it seems to last at least as long as when I bought the game itself (incidentally the 3 added together costs half the game)

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
It's Bethesda. Even if you completely hate their games, you have to admit their DLC is expansive i.e. you actually get a lot of content for the money. Most DLC is embarrassingly thin, which puts the value somewhere on the wrong side of inexcusable.

Miller iz Life

Oct 13, 2009
kibayasu said:
Xzi said:
My vote goes to nobody, because DLC needs to die in a fire. Bring back expansions.
What exactly seperates an "expansion" from DLC?
theres no difference really...to me anyways DLC is an expansion you download directly to your console...expansions are extra content you have to buy and install. just different modes of getting the same thing done.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Bethesda. Duh.

Tell me another game that gives you 10 extra hours for 10 bucks (Point Lookout). I didn't think so.