Who Owns the Rights to Your Face?

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
lacktheknack said:
Am I the only one who isn't affected by the uncanny valley? It sure seems that way...
I'm not either.

Do you by chance have any form of autism (higher functioning spectrum or otherwise)? A few shrinks have said I do, but the majority have said I don't. Would be interesting to draw a line between the two.

I'm sure there's been studies done.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Paragon Fury said:
In regards to people investing so much time into virtual reality; thats a problem of reality sucking, not the virtual reality.

I mean hell, that woman from the header is more attractive than probably 90% of the women most guys will ever see. Combined with the fact that she either comes with, or can be programed with a personality that is more agreeable than most people will ever meet, and reality is already behind the curve.
Reality wins by virtue of nature.

For now at least.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Grey Day for Elcia said:
lacktheknack said:
Am I the only one who isn't affected by the uncanny valley? It sure seems that way...
I'm not either.

Do you by chance have any form of autism (higher functioning spectrum or otherwise)? A few shrinks have said I do, but the majority have said I don't. Would be interesting to draw a line between the two.

I'm sure there's been studies done.
Nope, I'm pretty clear in terms of brain function. I'm kind of boring, actually. Even my Tourette's is barely noticeable anymore.

I just don't get creeped out by almost-real faces.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Paragon Fury said:
In regards to people investing so much time into virtual reality; thats a problem of reality sucking, not the virtual reality.

I mean hell, that woman from the header is more attractive than probably 90% of the women most guys will ever see. Combined with the fact that she either comes with, or can be programed with a personality that is more agreeable than most people will ever meet, and reality is already behind the curve.
Reality wins by virtue of nature.

For now at least.
Eh, maybe.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
Just wait until the day when any computer art student can fabricate a perfectly realistic scene of the president giving an address to the nation, saying whatever they want...