Who Still Watches Extra Credits?

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I put this thread here because EC is about games. Place this thread wherever you wish Mod Overlords.

Anyhow, I'm wondering who here on the Escapist still watches EC even after it left, and still after it left Youtube.

If you do, does it still carry the same effect?

I still watch it. For me the effect has gone down a little only because it isn't found on a gaming centric site anymore. It isn't quite as empowering. Penny Arcade is a gaming site, but the Escapist is entirely centered around discussing about games etc. You know what I mean.

Giant Space Hamster

Jul 5, 2011
I still watch it but id have to agree with you that its "just not the same". its funny cause no one seemed to be in the wrong yet no one in the right.

Dec 14, 2009
I still catch it every week.

I check Penny Arcade every few days anyway, so it's not like I've had to change my habits.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I still watch it. It feels more or less the same. An above average show that informs me while removing time from my day.

krychek57

Some Random Dude
Apr 13, 2010
Metalhandkerchief said:
Nope. Penny Arcade bores me and I won't go there to watch EC.
This and the fact I'm not willing to watch a 30+ second ad before everyone. Yay to the PubClub!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Just watched an episode.
I just realised what I really hate about it. They always seem to act like if the game industry does whatever they say the world will be saved and everything will be happy and good. It annoys me.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
I didn't like it but watched it every week since it was the only thing that came out Thursdays on the Escapist. Now that it's gone, I can happily never watch it again.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Yeah, sure, just watched the latest episode now. Who cares where it is? Van Gogh's painting's weren't worth two pennies in his day, but that doesn't make them any less inspired in modern times.
Moreover, I watch Escape to the Movies here on a gaming-focused site, but like to hear Movie Bob's views as a critic.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I still watch it, although I haven't gotten around to catching any of the episodes they've put up on Penny Arcade. Damn you procrastination! Getting back on topic, it still carries the same effect for me. It doesn't matter to me what site they're on, I steal agree with pretty much everything they say.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I do. I don't see a difference except in the art style. Oh how I wish for Alison's return.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
I still watch it, they seem to make some valid and interesting points, and hey. It's something to watch I suppose, better then watching videos of cats on youtube in my opinion, may hear about a game I might like or something

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
Just like Zero Punctuation brought me here, Extra Credits may bring me to Penny Arcade.

Feb 18, 2009
Don't care who hosts it, I still enjoy the show. The content is the same as always, except with changing quest artist, for the time being, which is kinda lovely, I think.

So yeah, I watch it.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I don't, I was never a huge EC fan to start. But if Movie Bob or Critical Miss went elsewhere...

personion

Dec 6, 2010
At first I subscribed to their youtube, but then unsubscribed and stopped watching as I found the quality had dropped.