Who Would Win in a Fight with the Millennium Falcon? Not Harrison Ford

harpere

May 20, 2014
Who Would Win in a Fight with the Millennium Falcon? Not Harrison Ford

Harrison Ford injured on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Forget The Phantom Menace, the real menace on the set of the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII is apparently the the door of the Millennium Falcon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135002-The-Millennium-Falcon-for-Star-Wars-VII-is-Under-Construction].

As I'm fairly certain we've all had embarrassing moments of clumsiness with inanimate (presumably) objects, it's reassuring that long-time hero Han Solo sometimes has the same problem. At least in Star Wars doors actually can jump in front of you if you aren't careful - those of us in the rest of the world only have texting and walking to blame. Here's to hoping Ford makes a speedy recovery, because we can't wait to see Han Solo - and the apparent health hazard that is the Millennium Falcon - back on the big screen.

While we wait for Episode VII's late 2015 release date, we can enjoy these Han Solo series we might have had [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134982-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-Leaked-Set-Pictures-Show-New-Creature-Tatooine].

Source: The Verge [http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/12/5804502/harrison-ford-hospitalized-after-ankle-injury-while-filming-star-wars]

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Sounds like the production for the movie is... Ramping up!

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
That's an easy fix, cut the video in, then replace his faulty foot with a prosthetic, both Han's and Harrison's. After all, if there's anything the Star Wars universe loves, it's prosthetic limbs.
The movies always did portray the Falcon as a lovable pile of junk that's barely held together with gum and paperclips anyways, this just adds to the "getting too old for this" shtick.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
This is the problem with casting a 72 year old guy to play a part that he played when he was less than half that age (he was 35 when the original movie came out). Up next: a broken hip when his blaster gets stuck in the holster.

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
I read about this on the BBC news site earlier. It mentions him getting air lifted to hospital...I can't help but think...Surely that's a bit of an over reaction to a broken ankle...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
frobalt said:
I read about this on the BBC news site earlier. It mentions him getting air lifted to hospital...I can't help but think...Surely that's a bit of an over reaction to a broken ankle...
When a door closes on and injures a 72 year old senior, there's no way to overreact, even if they were previously badasses. Old age does horrible, horrible things to your bones.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
frobalt said:
Depends on where they were actually doing the shooting, and there's always the fact that he's in his seventies.

heroicbob

Aug 25, 2010
Avaholic03 said:
This is the problem with casting a 72 year old guy to play a part that he played when he was less than half that age (he was 35 when the original movie came out). Up next: a broken hip when his blaster gets stuck in the holster.
I cant imagine that hes playing the same kind of character in the new movie. from what I understand the story is about passing the torch to a new cast after one last adventure They pretty much have to acknowledge his oldness, it didnt work with indiana jones though because its an antithesis of his character, han solo is always complaining about stuff so maybe an old han solo could work

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
frobalt said:
If he was still 35 i would agree with you but at the age Ford now have you can't be too cautious, plenty of poeple that age never recover of brokens bones.
Just wish a good fast recovery to mr. Ford and hope no other member of the original cast suffer some similar injurys

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
Please write this into the script. I cannot believe that Han Solo has never been seriously injured by the Millennium Falcon breaking on him. Its just perfect, given the history of the Falcon being portrayed as a bucket of bolts being held together with rubberbands and bubblegum.
Well, they wrote Mark Hamill's motorcycle injury into the script of Empire Strikes Back, so it wouldn't be the first time something like this happens in Star Wars.

Firanai

Jun 7, 2010
I have a question, is Harrison ford ashamed of his time in star wars? his attitude always gave that impression to me.

Kuala BangoDango

Mar 19, 2009
Firanai said:
I have a question, is Harrison ford ashamed of his time in star wars? his attitude always gave that impression to me.
I don't know for sure about Star Wars but I do remember reading that he regretted doing Blade Runner, another Sci-Fi movie that was less popular, but still a cult hit, so it may be that he just doesn't see sci-fi films as legitimate acting jobs.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Sure that Carrie Fisher didn't just lose her mind again and beat him up and the whole "door" story is just a co-star abuse coverup?

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Kuala BangoDango said:
Firanai said:
I don't know for sure about Star Wars but I do remember reading that he regretted doing Blade Runner, another Sci-Fi movie that was less popular, but still a cult hit, so it may be that he just doesn't see sci-fi films as legitimate acting jobs.
I thought he just didn't like the differences in opinion between him and Ridley Scott. One on being the old film-noir protagonist commentaries that Harrison absolutely hated, and the other being
Whether or not Deckard was a Replicant

OT: Sucks that his ankle got broken, hope that it doesn't turn into anything too serious.

Captcha: Do or do not. Stop being relevant to the subject material captcha.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Hey, Jar Jar Abrams. Still think cutting back that much on the CGI is a good idea? Green screens don't break limbs.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
frobalt said:
Considering that Disney have money on the line I can imagine they didn't want to risk him not being able to finish his filming, so rushing him to hospital as fast as possible (plus he's ancient now) doesn't seem too much of an overreaction.

Luckily a formation of TIE fighters didn't intercept the chopper.