Who "your people" hate

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Celtic Cynic said:
Thundero13 said:
Us Irish just hate Great Britain specifically England
I Don't think there is any particular reason
I take it the 13 in your name is your age and therefore you haven't covered it in history class yet but trust me there is this whole huge reason behind it. You can thank me for not putting in any spoilers.
The 13 in my name is actually my age but I was called that since I was 12 but anyway I have remembered why we Irish hate England it's because they used to rule over us etc. right

Seriphina

Apr 24, 2010
Scots dislike the English, Irish dislike the English, Welsh dislike the English...We can't all be wrong.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
The Japs!

Well not so much anymore, things have gotten allot better since they gave us all those shiny new televisions.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
cousinletsgobowling said:
im scottish so we hate americans,enlish,welsh,eastern europe taliban just about everyone *laughs heartily*but specifically where im from we hate sauchies.which are folk from sauchie pronounced sokky if anyones wonder.and am from alloa
"Brothers and sisters hate each other just like Scots and Welsh or Scots and English or Scots and other Scots oh how I hate the Scots"
Willie, The Simpsons

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
I have a severe dislike for the University of Alabama, and those annoying Vols (they're usually ok unless you have to hear "Rockytop more than five times in the same game :p). So yeah, War Eagle and Go Tigers XD

Frog_Girl

Jun 12, 2009
As a Scot the english (freeedooooom!) as a ohioan, michigan. As a clevelander, pittsburg. As a woman, men. As an Atheist any religious organization telling me what I should be doing. I could go on, I need specifics.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
You love Mother Russia and Mother Russia loves you =D

Or else..

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
Hubilub said:
Xtroni said:
Well I wouldn't say we hate Norway more Denmark since they were at war with us for AGEEES!
Then why is it that the most favored kind of jokes in Sweden are those about how dumb Norwegians are?
I think we're just jealous of how damn happy the Norwegians sounds all of the time.
Damn... happy people!

OP: We Swedes are very hateful for being so very politically correct about anything and everything. No one here seems to like Romani people, religious types or immigrants, judging by the overall impression we make on each other every day. It's always "fuck them", "screw those", "damn them" and so on, at least where I'm from.

But then again, I live in a place mostly inhabited by inbred drapes, so maybe it's no wonder I think of us as a hateful nation.

Me personally? I can't stand pop music people. You know, people who've learned to appreciate whatever is forced down their throats, unable to appreciate depth and intelligence in music. I have a reserved place in my hate spot for people who plays loud shitty music on the bus too.

That, and AIK [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allm%C3%A4nna_Idrottsklubben] fans.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
The Russians, Being American it's expected that we will hate them for some reason, now I hate Soviet Russia but the current one is rather cool. As an Agnostic I hate both religious nuts and atheist dicks, because they are just as stuck up and annoying as the people they hate.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
We Poles have prejudice against Germans and Russians because of really fucked up history relationship (not only WWII. It just seems we could never really get along during the course of history).

Try to tell anyone in Poland you like (Neo-)Nazis or Commies and you are guaranteed to get a stink-eye from everyone around you as well (unless your look is intimidating enough to prevent that).

Apart from that we have many, many hate relationships within the country, like for example Warsaw hates Cracov, most of Poland hates Warsaw etc. Also, if you are unfortunate enough to mention you like soccer club, the jocks you'll encounter don't like, then prepare to lose your teeth.

Celtic Cynic

May 4, 2010
Davrel said:
Celtic Cynic said:
I'm Irish so I think thats been covered above.

Davrel said:
People who hate people just because their two races/nations once had a dispute. Its fucking stupid (the notable exception being the French...cheese-eating surrender-monkeys).
Coming from a guy whos profile says he's british that statement is a bit rich. Considering England was normally the conquering country so you might feel differently but for the country who suffers the most or who didn't instigate the fight it may not seem so stupid. I'll ask you one question that could explain some Irish peoples hatred of England.

Would so many atrocities occurred in Ireland had England never invaded?

Think of the history of the two nations and see that by working together the two islands could have both benefited.

Try telling a Polish person that hating Germany is stupid or any nation who has suffered at the hands of another. I think you'll find yourself alone in finding it stupid.

Thats not to say that I don't agree with countries that have a history working together. People have to move on and work towards a better future so cooperation is needed and I think the relationship between Ireland and England is the best it's ever been except for continuing problems up north.
A 'bit rich' eh? Well, I regret to inform you that I have never had anything to do with British foreign policy (not even via my right to vote which will be exercised for the first time this year), as such I am just as much a victim of circumstance as the targets of your so-called 'atrocities' - so take your rage elsewhere; the people of my generation in Britain have done nothing to Ireland. Hating us for the mistakes of our grandfathers is stupid in the extreme.

That isn't to say that such hatred isn't understandable, but it is still stupid. Hate the government, by all means! Lobby for change, excellent! But don't be a narrow-minded retard and hate the people who are just getting along with their own lives and are not consulted as to the direction of foreign policy. Its that kind of ignorance mixed with jingoism (usually from both sides) that causes half the problems in the first place.

Once I become the Foreign Minister, I will be happy to bask in misguided hatred - until then, they can shove it.
Maybe it sounded different in my head but I did not mean to make a direct attack on english people. My best friend being english. (yes I know it sounds like a cop out) But calling the grudges that some people hold stupid I thought was not too well thought out on your behalf so maybe your comment wound me up a little. I would never judge a man because of his origin but this thread was about people and who they hate and I would consider the problems between Ireland and England something worth discussing. It is still considered perfectly acceptable to say anything you want about the British regardless of how slanderous. There are parts of the republic, mainly in cities where English shouldn't walk and as they say God help you if you wave a Union Jack.

It's not the people Ireland hates, it's the country, if you understand what I'm saying. Not me personally I welcome people of all walks but that was not what the thread was about.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Us Icelanders hate....We hate....I have no idea what we hate.I hate the danish language.But have no spite for the people.I hate Polish people that move here and then insist that we should learn Polish,instead of them learning Icelandic.
But all in all.We,the Icelandic nation,have no real hate for anyone as far as I know.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
My "people", as it were, have been called racist by some... We're not racist! We hate everyone equally.

Also, I'm the God of my own silly little faux religion - i.e., my people.

Celtic Cynic

May 4, 2010
I am an atheist but I understand what you mean. Arrogance among atheists just annoys everyone. Believe what you will and allow others to do so too.