Whoever is organizing Tilt Expo/Escapist Expo is bad at it and should be fired or never do it again

QtheMuse

May 23, 2010
Okay so this year, I was looking forward to the Escapist expo 2014, then today I get an email saying the Tilt Expo is here!

I open it up to find out that the Escapist Expo has been renamed, Tilt expo, and it is happening September 4-7th.

That is hardly any time to make plans, take time off, or plan travel.

Next only person showing up is Movie Bob, and no offense movie bob but this is more a gaming site than a movie site.

None of the people I actually care about like, yatzee or jim are going to be there.

When the escapist expo was going to happen, you KNEW it was going to happen, with a count down, almost 120 days out. A separate web page and exciting teasers being posted.

I am sorry this is not how you run an expo, this is looking like its going to be another ball pit in an empty hotel con, in reference to the horrible DASH CON event.

Also as an active duty military, I got a free pass, even though I had to pay for my family, there is no such deal for this so called Tilt Con,

Escapist your expo was good, I don't know whose shady deals it was to ruin this year but can you step up your game again next year, that would be great.

Also keep the damn name, Tilt Con, wtf is that?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Pretty sure it was re-branded to be a more local/regional kind of event. Bob's probably only showing up because he wants to. Escapist Expo was awesome last year (I volunteered), so I am sad to see it kind of... well, die I guess. Maybe it'll return some day, but it probably won't. In the end it probably just cost too much money to warrant continuing it in its previous form.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Pretty sure the Escapist isn't involved in planning the Tilt Expo. They're just sponsoring it since it's being hosted in the same city that the Escapist Offices are in, and is being held around the same time their Expo's have been in the past.

The Escapist Expo's were put on hold, probably due to funding. I've been to the 2010 one and it was an amazing experience, but this is an entirely different Expo.

Also I don't think ranting about firing staff just because they're not catering to your demands is a good way to start a thread. Just IMO.

Dec 14, 2009
QtheMuse said:
Also as an active duty military, I got a free pass, even though I had to pay for my family, there is no such deal for this so called Tilt Con,
Oh no, you didn't get something free because reasons, what a bummer.

OT: I remember reading about this months ago, kinda sucked that the Expo was only around for 2 years, but I really got the feeling that Susan was a large part of the Expo, with her leaving, I guess there was nobody around to push for it.

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Rocket Girl said:
Damnit! I said I was going to bed. Bloody forums.
Dear Rocket Girl,

Are you interested in:

-Fighting crime
-Super science
-Fanciful wardrobes
-Collateral damage
-Intense thrust

Call me some time, and we can discuss business.

Yours in Justice,
The Rocketeer
XOXOXO