Who's the Baddest Sci-Fi Species of All Time?

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Daleks should have been #1. Maybe a tie between them and Borg, but definitely should have been higher than the Flood and all those cheesy Stargate bad guys.

And Sith aren't a species. And collosi aren't sci-fi. Thbbbbbt.

megacaleb

Apr 2, 2009
there might be a large list of powerful, mean, cunning or brutal aliens but humans always win in the end. if its not the entire human race that will prevail it will be on individual or a small group that steps forward for humanity. plus we have the ability to be more evil than any one on top of that. so in all of fiction we are the best and worse mortal species of the universe.

The Nihil

Oct 30, 2008
Both the Daleks and the Cybermen pre-date the Borg, and both of them are TWICE as badass.

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
If we is talking games then I have to with the Sangheli and Krogan.

Otherwise I would say the xenomorphs from Alien.

The Nihil

Oct 30, 2008
To elaborate on my point, the daleks are the best because they are so inhuman. There are no reference points on a dalek, making them all the more alien. Heck, their original concept came from the phrase "large, machine-gun like creatures".

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
The Xenomorphs from "Aliens"

Totally inhuman, Autonomous, insect-like bio-mechanical creatures. It's suggested that they are bio-engineered.

They cannot be stopped short of a nuclear explosion. And even then, if one manages to get aboard your ship (and it will) you're still fucked.

Feb 13, 2008
Excuuuuuuuuuse me. Where are the Vashta Nerada, the Cybermen, the Triffids, the Pod People, The Martians, Marvin the Martian, Alien, Predator?

We are the Borg, we are zombies with metal bits stuck on. Pah. While they're still dobbing planets, the Daleks are exterminating GALAXIES.

And Species 8472 kicked their butts good.

darfvader

Dec 8, 2008
god people the scariest alien is THE THING
i mean one cell survives and bam earth is gone its like gray goo only biological.

honorable mentions:
ur quan from starcontrol
bugs and skinnies from sst
xenomorphs
replicators from stargate
the predator
kilrathi from wing commander
THE SHADOWS from babylon
martians from war of the worlds

airEx

Apr 15, 2009
minoes said:
The Xenomorphs.
What can be more evil, then Aliens that plant there babies in your chest, and then they eat themselves out of it?

Eternal Vigil

Apr 1, 2009
The Borg has always been an interesting race, even if Voyager didn't help their status.

I've always had a soft spot for the Daleks and the Flood.

I just seem to like evil aliens that want to consume and destroy everything.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Jamash said:
The Colossi are neither villainous nor Sci-Fi.

Where were the Decepticons, or the Sharkticons and the other races of robots which inhabit Unicron?

What about the Necrons, Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines? Those are also a lot more Sci-Fi and villainous than Colossi, who are just neutral animals in a fantasy world.

Since they're also including entries from literature, where are the Wamphyrii or Mordri?

Finally since the list is title the 11 Best Villainous Species in all of Sci-Fi..., how could in not mention the species from the film Species, it's quite obvious really.

And why 11? Is that some homage to Spinal Tap or just a dumb arbitrary number? Surely a top 10 or top 20 would have made more sense...but then again, not a lot about this list does make any sense.
Well, the Decepticons (and they're various offshoots) are more of a organization than a actual species, the Sith made the list but have the same problem, but at least there actually IS a completely evil species actually called "Sith" in the Star Wars universe, so it gets a pass.

Why top 11? Because they like to go one step beyond.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Where are the Reapers? The sentient warships from deep space that kill and have killed entire space faring species every 50'000 years for millions of years. Sure the Daleks did kill 99.999% of TimeLords(or at least caused it) and the Flood were scary enough to make the forerunners create massive Ring-Worlds that would kill all life in Galaxy but the Reapers have been doing it for longer and have been doing it better.