Who's your best Escapist friend?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Andy Shandy said:
Pretty much anyone in the Brovengers chat, since they're the ones I chat about a variety of subjects to the most.
Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing since everyone that I talk to a lot and have a great time with is in the Brovengers chat.

Unless there's someone that's not in there that I'm missing out on. :/

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
I don't really post enough for anybody to really know who I am T_T

However I had a little bonding with Binnsyboy when we were discusssing our admiration for the Red Hot Chili Peppers ^_^ It was nice to find somebody who loved them as much as I do :D

But yeah I've not really had much of a chance to make ACTUAL friends on the site. As much as I'd like to, I'm still kind of afraid of posting in threads..However I still read almost all the threads in the off-topic section, I guess I just have forum anxiety

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
The Escapist is one of the few sites I've been a member of for a decent amount of time, and have made absolutely no friends or even had any conversations with other members on. I'm not really sure why that is, but I will say that this forum has never really struck me as an especially friendly place. My posting habits and the fact that I'm almost twice of many of the members here probably contribute to that, too.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Me and Rookie get on well, we even play League on a daily basis together. Even if he loses once then goes offline to sulk more than half the time, I can't blame him though, the F2P Luxes this week are gonna be brutal.

"Detonate the E! DETONATE THE E! LAND A BIND! RAGE!"

He always comes back a while later, freaking clockwork. He just wants to play some Draaaaaaaaven!

F2P Irelia is worse though... God, every time an Irelia buys other boots over Merc Treads it breaks my heart. It's interesting playing against the bullshit train that is an Irelia focusing the AP Carry. Good thing I was playing Ahri, dem 4 teleports yo'

I like Ahri now, she relies on staying alive to spam her W and Q in all teamfights. Whereas someone like Lux needs to just Q,E,R job done GG. Their Lux was really damn fed yet we had almost the same damage output overall. I got like 7 W's and Q's off per teamfight.

Yes I look at the charts and graphs on the post match screen. What of it?

Padding is on her way I guess, considering we have a (completely original and thought out) nickname for her. We just need to sync our log in times better XD

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've met so many people here since I started... Well, I can tell you my oldest friend is [user]Marter[/user]. We met by derping around in off topic and we've been inseparable ever since.

A best friend?

BUT I LOVE YOU ALL! D:

[sub][sub][sub]Don't make me pick just one... It's too hard.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
blue heartless said:
Only one user really went out of his/her way to welcome me to the new Escapist forums after I spent an extended time away. The username is Redlin5.
I remember that. Still lurking about I see. :)

Oh and welcome to the Escapist Newguy! :D

Stay out of the basement, blame Kross and give Susan Ardent a daily tribute of kitten pictures. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
It'd probably be gamesb2 as we still talk a lot outside of these forums, but he really doesn't post here much anymore.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Chemical Alia said:
The Escapist is one of the few sites I've been a member of for a decent amount of time, and have made absolutely no friends or even had any conversations with other members on. I'm not really sure why that is, but I will say that this forum has never really struck me as an especially friendly place. My posting habits and the fact that I'm almost twice of many of the members here probably contribute to that, too.
You're a professional in the games industry at Gearbox, a prestigious organisation, who is directly involved in games development. That's pretty intimidating.

I mean, what if I make a crack about tightening up the graphics on level 3 and you were to say "My GOD Berty, that is well bang out of order! Do you know how hard I work? Do you know how much blood, sweat and tears I have poured into my work to allow jack-offs like you to moonshot farm The Warrior for Conference Calls? Well FUCK you Berty and the scabby horse you rode in on! I am DONE with the whole thing! You can kiss Borderlands 3 goodbye!"

And I'll be all "oh God, oh God, oh God..." and flapping my arms up and down and spinning in a little circle and then the mods will ban me for being terrible.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
People in Ponychat mainly, not many people message me on here. (Chrono212, SPARTANXII, Pinkemena, Iderstan, TheSaw, Scrumpmonkey. EclipseDragon, TopazFusion, Berithil, Loop, Solo-Wing etc etc... there's more but I speak to them most.)
Nice people to talk to.

Also Aylaine and I usually have very long and meaningful conversations which I haven't had before with an Escapist user. I think she has them with a lot of users though so I'm not too special *sniff* Smallest violin*

I'm always up to talk to anyone but I'm a bit hesitant who to message first because I'm not sure on here who is a bit funny about talking to complete strangers >.<

EDIT: Forgot the people from Lady Bits group which I sometimes go to, although not enough. Can't remember all the names, sorry :( but they're good people.
The ones I have on FB/Twitter. I don't think many still post here like a lot Razer, Aprilmarie, Revevlo, Ahri, Andulsa. Still enjoy talking to them over other means.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Firstly, I am excited to see that I am on a list (I don't count myself as an active Injustice League member so I'm not counting those, meaning I am on one list). Secondly, I like most of the regulars on R&P. If I had to name people I like the most, It's likely Witty and Nikolaz, despite our massive disagreements on many issues, and most of the libertarian posters there. If you think of me as your friend, I likely also think of you as mine, which should cover anybody I forgot to mention.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Bertylicious said:
Chemical Alia said:
You're a professional in the games industry at Gearbox, a prestigious organisation, who is directly involved in games development. That's pretty intimidating.

I mean, what if I make a crack about tightening up the graphics on level 3 and you were to say "My GOD Berty, that is well bang out of order! Do you know how hard I work? Do you know how much blood, sweat and tears I have poured into my work to allow jack-offs like you to moonshot farm The Warrior for Conference Calls? Well FUCK you Berty and the scabby horse you rode in on! I am DONE with the whole thing! You can kiss Borderlands 3 goodbye!"

And I'll be all "oh God, oh God, oh God..." and flapping my arms up and down and spinning in a little circle and then the mods will ban me for being terrible.
Haha, maybe. Though I was equally friendless before that title appeared next to my name, I might actually somehow be more alone now that that red text appeared over my username.

Just don't call it "cel shading", and we're good. c:

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Me and Rookie get on well, we even play League on a daily basis together. Even if he loses once then goes offline to sulk more than half the time, I can't blame him though, the F2P Luxes this week are gonna be brutal.

"Detonate the E! DETONATE THE E! LAND A BIND! RAGE!"

He always comes back a while later, freaking clockwork. He just wants to play some Draaaaaaaaven!

F2P Irelia is worse though... God, every time an Irelia buys other boots over Merc Treads it breaks my heart. It's interesting playing against the bullshit train that is an Irelia focusing the AP Carry. Good thing I was playing Ahri, dem 4 teleports yo'

I like Ahri now, she relies on staying alive to spam her W and Q in all teamfights. Whereas someone like Lux needs to just Q,E,R job done GG. Their Lux was really damn fed yet we had almost the same damage output overall. I got like 7 W's and Q's off per teamfight.

Yes I look at the charts and graphs on the post match screen. What of it?

Padding is on her way I guess, considering we have a (completely original and thought out) nickname for her. We just need to sync our log in times better XD
Oh gods, Irelia is free to play... it's awful. I saw a bad one today. It was terrifying to see her butch my precious Irelia :( And oi oi I'm logged on now!

OT: Rookie and Wykydtron are on their way, I love playing with you guys, and sure Padding is very original and thought out :p Other than that, I love you all! :D

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Guffe said:
When it comes to people I'd mention it'd have to be the people from the Barclays Premier League User Group
Aris Khandir
Carlsber Export
Razer17
Rawne1980
Demon ID
*checks list* ... *slinks away*

*sniff*

...!! =P (Nah, like you guys, too, s'good to have someone to talk footie about, since the folks aren't much into it and neither are most of my friends IRL.)

Anyway... erm... there's a lurker around here by name of [user]A_Parked_Car[/user] who I get on really well with. Mostly by PM's we just send long messages back and forth, typically about history. General chat... and often about really random stuff, I enjoyed chatting with [user]Aylaine[/user], though looks like she's taken another sojourn away from Esc. :/

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
What? I'm not on your list? I was going to put you on mine....
Redlin 5 is on that list
XMBTS is
Marter is
Sassafrass is
EeveeElectro is one of my lovers
DisasterChild is
neronium is
massivegeek is
neonbob is
revelo is
razer17 is
and
thenumberthirteen is

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Chemical Alia said:
I'm in the same boat here.

I've been here since '09 and have yet to make friends or even really hold many conversations with other users.

Of course, I was never the best at making friends anyway. :I

Oct 2, 2012
Eclipse Dragon said:
TheNewGuy said:
There are quite a few people here that I enjoy talking to. I'm not going to say any of them are my best friends, because I don't play favorites and they might not feel the same way about me...

Some of those people are...
T0ad 0f Truth, TizzytheTormentor, Beffudled Sheep, Fappy, Casual Shinji, burningdragoon, Colour-Scientist, Doclector, Imp Emissary, Lucem712, Nantucket, PsychicTaco115, Revnak, SonicWaffle, LoneWanderer, Pretty much the whole injustice league, quite a few of the brovengers. The whole of the "Forum Games" community (Which needs more people).

I like talking to people and I'll pretty much talk to anyone who cares enough to talk to me in return.
(Sorry in advance for inevitably not including someone).
Yay you mentioned me along with everyone else :D

I'd say mine are the active members of the LadyBits and Katawa Shoujo groups!
Eclipse Dragon (Dragon POWAAAAHH!, Lone Wanderer (Sexy Man!), Imp Emissary (he is a sneaky one), Colour Scientist, Trivun (awesome name), Teh Canape, Nile McMorrow (too many people!).
But I'm a new member (been lurking for ages) so maybe I'll make lots more :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
This is a fun thread. Alas, I will only tell you who my best friend is if you press the BFF button:

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Well Julianing93 and Lambi were the first two people to welcome me to the website and get me a bit more interactive in groups, so out of my friends I'd say they're my best considering no one else has done that. Had a few conversations with them which introduced me to some realizations about myself. Unfortunately I haven't seen them around the forums that often and haven't had any conversations lately. They may just be sticking to Reviews/RP/groups though which I don't often go in.

Chemical Alia said:
Hello, I friended you a while back because you seemed like a pretty awesome person. I'm perfectly open to conversation, but I warn you that I'm relatively uninteresting so it may fall back on questions about working for Gearbox. ^_^