Who's your best Escapist friend?

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Esotera said:
Everyone in the Escapist Linux Users groups is also automatically cool.
:-|

:)

:-D

Same goes for you, Esotera.

OT- [user]Aylaine[/user] is the friendliest person I have had the pleasure of talking to. Also [user]Luca72[/user], one of the first people that actually had a conversation with, and still do.

Esotera, Evil Smurf, DoPo, The Artifically Prolonged, and Lucem712 also are quite friendly as far as the Escapist goes. That's for now. Let's make this thread after the next year and see how many people I know now. :)

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
headshotcatcher said:
Definitely SckizoBoy.. damn, he's helped me through some tough times, shouts outs and props to you my good friend :)
o_O' Really? I have?! *memory failing...* Great that I've helped, and sorry if I sound jerk-ish... but when?

aprilmarie said:
nope. I see how it is now. No hugs for you anymore. *sniffs* I even sent you happy birthday wishes on skype and you never responded *runs off and cries*
... Oh good lord, I'm a terrible man >_< ... I haven't been on skype in... well, that doesn't matter.

Um... sorry? Cookie dispenser make better?! :)

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I do have a couple of IRL friends who used to be on here, but neither of them (KickerCutleg and sirdanrhodes) have been active for years now. Kicker never really got into the forums and I remember Dan leaving for 'disgruntled-with-the-community' reasons, I believe.

Other than though, I don't really know. I'm not really that active with friending people. I remember vaguely getting along with NoMoreSanity, although not to actual properly friendly levels.

I do rather like the little group that posts in the Pub Club though, it's a neat little bunch of nutters :)

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
I don't generally talk to anyone specific here. I don't post often enough for it. But I will say that the only people who made me feel really welcome and actually reached out to me in a thread were Jack and Calumon. Those guys are pretty great :)

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Nobody knows or cares who I am, soooo...

I guess I don't have one. I do always attempt to be friendly, but as yet nothing has really has happened. I guess my flatmate has an account here, but he never uses it.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
TheNewGuy said:
There are quite a few people here that I enjoy talking to. I'm not going to say any of them are my best friends, because I don't play favorites and they might not feel the same way about me...

Some of those people are...
T0ad 0f Truth, TizzytheTormentor, Beffudled Sheep, Fappy, Casual Shinji, burningdragoon, Colour-Scientist, Doclector, Imp Emissary, Lucem712, Nantucket, PsychicTaco115, Revnak, SonicWaffle, LoneWanderer, Pretty much the whole injustice league, quite a few of the brovengers. The whole of the "Forum Games" community (Which needs more people).

I like talking to people and I'll pretty much talk to anyone who cares enough to talk to me in return.
(Sorry in advance for inevitably not including someone).
Ha, holy shit!

I read the OP, posted standard "I am a man of mystery, forgotten by all" message, and then the second post is by someone who knows who I am.

Is it bad that this gives me the warm and fuzzies? :p

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
This guy right here is my best friend ever http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/

Seriously I guess nobody really I have the occasional back and forth with a few of you guys but nothing overly complex, I don't really post too much so that's probably why xD

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
Friends? What are those?! I talked to [user]Eclipse Dragon[/user] about politics once, does that count? no ok I'll cry now

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Alas, I have no friends on the escapist, i'm mainly just a loner posting in the forums, not really getting a chance to talking with anyone, except a few enemies on the R and P forum, *le sigh*

If anyone is looking for a friend, I'm right here

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
[user]Binnsyboy[/user] is my number one friend on here... mostly because we chat on facebook too, and we have a lot of similar interests! He also was the one who invited me into the Brovengers, and got me into the shitcast/podcasts on this site! Really looking forward to having a pint with the guy at Escapism next year! :D

Then there is the rest of the Brovengers (of course) especially Fiz_the_toaster and Daystar Clarion, and then the guys I met from the Escapism UK group! They are all a great bunch of guys, and the ones I have met makes it even better!
Awww thanks man! :D

The Brovengers is a pretty awesome place to hang out and talk about random crap, and all we need is a couple of beers and we have a little shindig.

Lola Lazerface

Nov 26, 2012
I have none either. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm nowhere near active enough; I mostly watch videos and every other day or so post on the forums.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
I lust each and everyone of you equally and fairly. I have my favorites indeed, but I would never say no if you wanted to get in my bed.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I haven't really made "friends" per se, but there's one guy here who I used to play Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with, krazykidd. Fun times.

If you read this, man, my internet dongle for my 360 broke because heavy books fell on it, so I've been stuck without internet on 360 since quite a few months ago. Kinda transitioned to PC gaming for now.

But yeah, I haven't really had an extended conversation with anyone or gotten to know anyone.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I'm friends with most of the people who post in the forum games in one way or another, but I don't think I know anyone well enough or converse with them enough to be able to declare anyone my best friend.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
*sigh* Someone...
Well it would be Mortai Gravesend, even though he's banned and his account got deleted I still talk to him every now and again.
Other than that, well I guess the people at the Forum Games group, since I seem to talk to them most of all, I'm not terribly friendly though and I don't really talk to the people on my friend's list which is kinda bad since they are a cool bunch.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I propose that each person who doesn't have a friend and doesn't like it that way send a message to another in that situation. I'll just break the shyness and shoot a message, I think it could make us more of a "community", either that or I'm just really jealous of all these people with their meaningful relationships and fun memories : )

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Er. Tough one.

I could cheat and say "the ones I've been drinking with" but that hardly narrows it down.
Same goes for "the ones I've done drunken karaoke with", "the ones I've played games with offline", "the ones I've actually deigned to grace with my online gaming failure" and "the ones I just want forever".
There's a bit of overlap in those categories, too.
[/bragging]

I'll get back to you.